XXXTentacion Breaks Hot 100 Record

istan4badgalriri

XXXTentacion posthumously tops the Billboard Hot 100, as his single "Sad!" jumps from No. 52 to No. 1 for its first week atop the chart. The song, which had first peaked at No. 7 on March 31, reaches the summit after the rapper/singer died June 18 at age 20 after being shot in Deerfield, Florida.

He is the first artist to top the Hot 100 posthumously in a lead role since The Notorious B.I.G., with "Mo Money Mo Problems," in 1997.

"Sad!," released on the Bad Vibes Forever label, and the 1,075th No. 1 in the Hot 100's 59-year history (and XXXTentacion's first), likewise leads the Streaming Songschart for the first time, surging from No. 34 (besting its prior No. 2 high), up 264 percent to 48.9 million U.S. streams in the week ending June 21, according to Nielsen Music (a higher sum than projected last week before all streaming data was compiled).

"Sad!" re-enters Digital Song Sales at No. 5 (surpassing its previous No. 26 peak), up 659 percent to 26,000 downloads sold in the week ending June 21 (as it makes the Hot 100's greatest gains in streaming and sales). While the track has not reached the Radio Songs chart, it nearly doubled its airplay audience to 2.9 million in the week ending June 24.

The song is from XXXTentacion's album ?, which debuted at No. 1 on the March 31-dated Billboard 200 and bounds 24-3 as the June 30 chart's Greatest Gainer (94,000 equivalent album units, up 397 percent, in the week ending June 21).

XXXTentacion becomes the eighth soloist to have topped the Hot 100 posthumously, and the first in a lead role in over 20 years.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8462525/xxxtentacion-sad-no-1-hot-100

+

We been knew. Dead artists are a great business for record labels.

Only in Trump's AmeriKKKa can a homophobic rapper who beat and threatened to sexually assault his pregnant girlfriend go #1 :rip: I'm actually disgusted. 

11 minutes ago, istan4badgalriri said:

He is the first artist to top the Hot 100 posthumously in a lead role since The Notorious B.I.G., with "Mo Money Mo Problems," in 1997.

The modern day Biggie :weeps:

18 minutes ago, Jan said:

We been knew. Dead artists are a great business for record labels.

12 minutes ago, WestCoast said:

Only in Trump's AmeriKKKa can a homophobic rapper who beat and threatened to sexually assault his pregnant girlfriend go #1 :rip: I'm actually disgusted. 

:cm:

8 minutes ago, BarbFatale said:

The modern day Biggie :weeps:

ew :biblio:

QueenofCopyPaste

What record did he exactly break? 

He didn't 'break' the record. He's the second (or so) person to do it. There's a difference.

3 minutes ago, thedastardly said:

He didn't 'break' the record. He's the second (or so) person to do it. There's a difference.

He's actually the 8th :rip: 

he's broken lots of things: records, bones, blood vessels, etc.

• ATRL Moderator

But there's no record BROKEN in the OP? :huh: REported for inaccurate. Change the thread title or the mods will.

:skull: people went real hard for him after he died. I didn’t expect him to go #1. 

The first lead artist to posthumously reach #1 on the Hot 100 this century :alexz: 

17 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

But there's no record BROKEN in the OP? :huh: REported for inaccurate. Change the thread title or the mods will.

had no idea y'all were fuming this much, it's becoming a bit unhealthy.

wow I didn't realize the featured artists on #1s Slow Motion & Lollipop were posthumous.

ugly rat

he will rest in PISS

So I'm fine :date2:

Tupac of our generation

What record?

21 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

wtf is posthumous :rip: 

After death. 

3 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

After death. 

That was not what i really asked but okay lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.