YouTube Views to count on UK Singles Chart July 1st!

Hector

On 20/06/2018 at 3:16 PM, theweekend said:

Finally! Cardi coming to destroy there.

ILI and GLY already are Youtube hits there.

ohh SHES READY!! 

On 20/06/2018 at 11:32 AM, Eternium said:

Okay, now fix your album charts. Removing the top two most streamed songs from an album is about dumb as hell.

If anything it makes more true to what albums the public are actually listening to. Any one hit wonder or singles artists could benefit of this and would make their records seem more popular even though virtually no one is streaming the other tracks or people are actually buying the album :skull:

Charts should just go for the revenue route like Germany has been doing for years, the most accurate way to determine success and popularity.

I'm surprised they already weren't. LMFAOOO about a time UK? Me when I always thought my streams counted, such a waste.

katy was robbed, all witness vids were #1 on trends, and stuck around the top 10 in the music sections for a while

5 minutes ago, Theus said:

Charts should just go for the revenue route like Germany has been doing for years, the most accurate way to determine success and popularity.

what do you mean? like charts are based on profit?

On 6/20/2018 at 7:32 AM, Eternium said:

Okay, now fix your album charts. Removing the top two most streamed songs from an album is about dumb as hell.

I like that rule.  I’d say an album with one huge song but no one listening to the rest of them shouldn’t chart as high as one where people are listening to all the songs.

Just now, PrismaticFluff said:

what do you mean? like charts are based on profit?

Exactly!

On 6/20/2018 at 1:04 PM, Ivan_brit said:

JLo will finally chart at the Uk :cm:

She has fifteen Top 5 singles in the UK. :rip: 

Edited by Inverted

7 minutes ago, Theus said:

This, I think this would be a MUCH better way of doing it

Ah it seems like it'll be this;

from a few music sites & Buzzjack so not actually YouTube videos, goodo!

2 minutes ago, Theus said:

Exactly!

that is pretty great, kinda explains why CD singles are still a thing in Germany, bless them

The difference between UK charts and Billboard Charts. Billboard announces a rules change that takes place 8 months later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.