K-pop Dominating World Charts: WHY?

frenchyisback

K-pop is dominating the world charts with 3 of the top10 best selling albums in the world right now including the top spot.

#1 Wanna One 364K

#4 BTS 228K

#6 Seventeen 128K

http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

BTS is on track to have the best selling album of 2018 worldwide.

WHY?

Edited by frenchyisback

What surprises me most are the numbers.

you don’t see those kind of 6diggits numbers outside of the Xmas/thanksgiving week.

Catchy radio-friendly songs and just overall bops. Also, the west is low-key obsessed with Asian culture for some reason - Anime, Dramas, K-Pop, J-Pop...

People want more pop back. The west isn't delivering so they have to look elsewhere I guess :celestial5:

It falls pretty quick tbh.

In the UK it debuted at 8 and it fell in its second week to 22....in its 4th week (now), it charted at 50. 

12 hours ago, Mkirilenkofan said:

It falls pretty quick tbh.

In the UK it debuted at 8 and it fell in its second week to 22....in its 4th week (now), it charted at 50. 

It does. However BTS has never stepped foot in the UK. Interesting to see if this changes when they go there.

BlackPink are also #1 on Kworb's WW iTunes album chart and YouTube WW

Multiple versions of the album and Kpop has this thing called random photocard, in which you don't know which member who would you get. If it's not your favorite it's possible for a fangirl to buy as many until they got one :skull: 

Oh and about the multiple version it really is a thing, the contents of the photobook (usually a THICK one like 72 pages) are different, with different themes and possibly members. For instance, BTS has 4 versions and Wanna One has 6 versions (2 of which are all members and the other 4 are the members divided into sub-units of two or three person:rip: ). 

I couldn't lie but the Western should really take notes on the packaging also, they really put much effort in it

Not to mention Kpop is also exploding worldwide

Edited by Kyungsoowift

Just now, Kyungsoowift said:

Multiple versions of the album and Kpop has this thing called random photocard, in which you don't know which member who would you get. If it's not your favorite it's possible for a fangirl to buy as many until they got one :skull: 

Oh and about the multiple version it really is a thing, the contents of the photobook are different, with different themes and possibly members. For instance, BTS has 4 versions and Wanna One has 6 versions (2 of which are all members and the other 4 are the members divided into sub-units of two or three person:rip: ). 

I couldn't lie but the Western should really take notes on the packaging also, they really put much effort in it

Taylor bout to snatch these ideas for TS7 and we are not ready

On 6/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, Alaska. said:

Blackpink and Exo will soon join them

I can't wait for Exo.

The always have sooooo much swag!

Kai & Sehun :flame:

We need another KoKoBop

12 hours ago, Sketch said:

Bulk-buying

Bulk-buying does not make you sell 238K in your 4th week when you debuted with 700k.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.