Billboard Charts (January 22-28, 2017)

alexanderao

2 hours ago, Sinister said:

I want Closer to be the all-time top 10 record

Superbowl better use it in a commercial and I need a Grammy boost

Closer isn't as worthy as UF, and even it came up one week short. I say Closer gets 28-29 weeks, with the 29th week being a Grammys spike. With Paris picking up, Closer will likely lose some impact shortly after the Grammys. Also, a lot of artists will probably debut music to time with the Grammys, so there'll probably be several new songs coming into the Top 10 soon. I have little doubt Closer will get 52 weeks in the T 40 though, going "super recurrent" w/o ever falling below 40.

EDIT: Closer could easily take over the all-time #1 at Top 40/Pop Radio though. I think it's already at 21 T 10 weeks. Iris had 28 weeks, Apologize 27-28 weeks, and Another Night had 26 weeks, and Closer spent longer at #1 than any of them. Hanging By A Moment had around 26 weeks too, though it peaked at #2. On top of that, Closer broke the spin and audience records at the format.

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• brianc33710

• PurrKaty

• alexanderao

2 hours ago, fridayteenage said:

Chainsmokers only the 2nd duo in the Soundscan era with a #1 and 4 T10s, tied with Outkast. The power.

Most T10 weeks this century:

Uptown Funk 31

Party Rock Anthem 29

Closer should be at 26 next week.

Closer tied The Twist for 2nd longest T 5 stay TW, 23 wks. Closer had the 3rd longest T 2 run (tied w/ several at 15), & the 2nd longest T 3 run (20 weeks). Closer will probably get 2nd T 5 all to itself NW, but the week after is tight. Zayn/Swift & Bad Things will both rank T 5 in 2 wks. Drake is climbing too. We'll see.

Pretty sure The Chainsmokers have logged 36 or 37 consecutive weeks in the top 10 since Don't Let Me Down debuted May 21st of last year. Wonder how many weeks in total will they accumulate if Paris becomes a hit.

7 minutes ago, I.T. said:

Pretty sure The Chainsmokers have logged 36 or 37 consecutive weeks in the top 10 since Don't Let Me Down debuted May 21st of last year. Wonder how many weeks in total will they accumulate if Paris becomes a hit.

BB has Chainsmokers at 38 weeks. Next week makes 9 months (39 weeks). Ace Of Base holds the record for a group with 48 weeks.

4 minutes ago, brianc33616 said:

BB has Chainsmokers at 38 weeks. Next week makes 9 months (39 weeks). Ace Of Base holds the record for a group with 48 weeks.

Hm even if Paris doesn't become a hit, I think Closer can still manage 9 more weeks in the top 10

6 minutes ago, I.T. said:

Hm even if Paris doesn't become a hit, I think Closer can still manage 9 more weeks in the top 10

I highly doubt Closer gets 9 more T 10 wks, more like 3-4. There's (supposedly) too much new music by significant artists getting released around the Grammys. I say Closer maxes at 29 T 10 wks, with the last week a Grammy boost. Paris should have taken root by then though, as they'll probably sing that at the awards. Paris could put the Chains past the record, as it should reenter the T 10 before Closer exits.

And ppl were so sure after the first week at #1 that Closer would be gotten

where is simm? i havent seen him on NewTRL yet :jonny: 

10 minutes ago, rowlet said:

Hope he didn't quit the site, The chart section would effectively become a ghost town. 

14 minutes ago, rowlet said:

@simmnfierzig you are in high demand

can someone explain me how the new system works?

shape of you is 1 in iTunes, by a big gap, and 2 on spotify with a small gap, strong on radio

yet somehow that's not enough to be 1?

5 minutes ago, Heartless said:

can someone explain me how the new system works?

shape of you is 1 in iTunes, by a big gap, and 2 on spotify with a small gap, strong on radio

yet somehow that's not enough to be 1?

B&B's youtube streams are insane - 20.6M compared to 4.6M for SOY last week, according to kworb's site. It's streaming advantage is huge because of it.

11 minutes ago, Jojodomo said:

B&B's youtube streams are insane - 20.6M compared to 4.6M for SOY last week, according to kworb's site. It's streaming advantage is huge because of it.

so the top 10 is basically youtube?

ed was watched 8,547,962 yesterday when b&b only about 2 mil (how much of that is US?)

i mean the gap is that big and i just can't see it?

Edited by Heartless

1 hour ago, Heartless said:

so the top 10 is basically youtube?

ed was watched 8,547,962 yesterday when b&b only about 2 mil (how much of that is US?)

i mean the gap is that big and i just can't see it?

Nah it's not basically Youtube, but the lead Shape Of You has on sales and airplay is just much smaller than the lead Bad and Boujee has on streaming. 

B&B had 5.3 million worldwide streams on January 21st. Has a lot of small videos contributing too and 3.8 million of those were from the US.

Shape Of You had 9.6 million worldwide on January 21st, but only 1.1 million of those coming from the US.

26 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Nah it's not basically Youtube, but the lead Shape Of You has on sales and airplay is just much smaller than the lead Bad and Boujee has on streaming. 

B&B had 5.3 million worldwide streams on January 21st. Has a lot of small videos contributing too and 3.8 million of those were from the US.

Shape Of You had 9.6 million worldwide on January 21st, but only 1.1 million of those coming from the US.

Oh well, i guess i get it now

thanks!

Rih really needs to make an mv for LOTB. She does not even need to be in the clip. just hire actors and make an mv with a nice narrative! 

where did Guys My Age peak?

2 hours ago, umich said:

waiT, how Hey Violet didn't make it? They were doing well on iTunes, and they still do + the gained a nice radio support. I was expecting somewhere between #75 - #100 to peak :biblio: 

do you have link to Bubbling Under chart?

8 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

where did Guys My Age peak?

It hasn't made the Hot 100 yet.

2 minutes ago, AvrilLaQueen said:

waiT, how Hey Violet didn't make it? They were doing well on iTunes, and they still do + the gained a nice radio support. I was expecting somewhere between #75 - #100 to peak :biblio: 

do you have link to Bubbling Under chart?

Hard with very little streaming, but it should be fairly close at this point. Maybe next week.