Beyoncé: Receipts | 250+ million records sold

Lovett

7 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

How? What's their formula? The album is literally #4 on Australia Spotify and AM. 

really? I'm confused

TiredBrightCalf-size_restricted.gif

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JoAddams

• Lovett

• Armani?

• trainsskyscrapers

It's very strange. Spotify Austrailia weekly albums October 21-27th.

NEW
Track image
Midnights

– 
Track image
Harry's House

– 
Track image
RENAISSANCE

AM Australia currently.

Pos P+ Artist - Title
1 =
Taylor Swift - Midnights (3am Edition)
2 +1
Baby Lullaby Academy - Baby Lullaby: Relaxing Piano Lullabies and Natural Sleep Aid for Baby Sleep Music
3 -1
Fred again.. - Actual Life 3 (January 1 - September 9 2022)
4 =
Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE

I see Olivia, Harry, Ed Sheeran and several others on the chart when Bey is streaming more than them or slightly less. They must only count pure sales? But Doja is on there and she isn't outselling Bey in pure sales.

5 minutes ago, Dreajae said:

It's very strange. Spotify Austrailia weekly albums October 21-27th.

NEW
Track image
Midnights

– 
Track image
Harry's House

– 
Track image
RENAISSANCE

AM Australia currently.

Pos P+ Artist - Title
1 =
Taylor Swift - Midnights (3am Edition)
2 +1
Baby Lullaby Academy - Baby Lullaby: Relaxing Piano Lullabies and Natural Sleep Aid for Baby Sleep Music
3 -1
Fred again.. - Actual Life 3 (January 1 - September 9 2022)
4 =
Beyoncé - RENAISSANCE

I see Olivia, Harry, Ed Sheeran and several others on the chart when Bey is streaming more than them or slightly less. They must only count pure sales? But Doja is on there and she isn't outselling Bey in pure sales.

its very odd how the album randomly fell out. it was #37 last week and top 10 the week before. maybe they have rules similar to the UK where some of the top streamed songs aren't counted? i'm not really sure 

24 minutes ago, brenda-walsh said:

maybe they have rules similar to the UK where some of the top streamed songs aren't counted? i'm not really sure 

I think they do. I could only find this article from 2017 when they added streaming to albums charts, but it is identical to UK's method.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/aria-introduces-streaming-figures-to-australian-album-chart-for-the-first-time/news-story/1dd2970d9ac7da01bb172937ab52d144

“There’s 15 songs on the Ed Sheeran album. You take the top 10 songs from that album in terms of streaming numbers, you take out the top two which would probably be Shape Of You and Galway Girl so the album chart isn’t skewed by a big hit single. You take the average of the next eight tracks, put two back in and divide the 10 songs by 175. Then you add in the physical and digital sales.”

Since Cuff It and BMS are obviously Renaissance's top 2, and the album tracks aren't streaming well besides that, so yeah it unfortunately adds up to being out. I personally detest that rule but, a shame. :deadbanana2:

3 hours ago, Machete said:

I think they do. I could only find this article from 2017 when they added streaming to albums charts, but it is identical to UK's method.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/aria-introduces-streaming-figures-to-australian-album-chart-for-the-first-time/news-story/1dd2970d9ac7da01bb172937ab52d144

Since Cuff It and BMS are obviously Renaissance's top 2, and the album tracks aren't streaming well besides that, so yeah it unfortunately adds up to being out. I personally detest that rule but, a shame. :deadbanana2:

its such a dumb rule. the whole point of singles are to sell the album.

12 hours ago, Machete said:

:rip:

Ireland #10 Cuff It (=)

Australia #22 Cuff It (=)

Edited by JoAddams

On 10/31/2022 at 12:24 PM, brenda-walsh said:

its such a dumb rule. the whole point of singles are to sell the album.

True. Most of the albums that I bought for example Rih/Gaga/Katy is because of their multiple hits. Definitely not because of their album tracks. 

43 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

I remember telling people in the base the first week of TG's release that had Already been a single and pushed here, I could see it be a hit. 

And it is gold despite not being a single. :clap3:

13 minutes ago, BnPac said:

I remember telling people in the base the first week of TG's release that had Already been a single and pushed here, I could see it be a hit. 

And it is gold despite not being a single. :clap3:

I'm always said that Already should be single from deluxe release (considering how warmly people received song & video). :alexz2:

4 hours ago, MrLovett said:

New Australian certifications:

Crazy In Love 9x Platinum (630k)

Irreplaceable 6x Platinum (420k)

Love On Top 6x Platinum (420k)

Run The World (Girls) 5x Platinum (350k)

Best Thing I Never Had 4x Platinum (280k)

Partition 3x Platinum (210k)

Upgrade U Platinum (70k)

Beyoncé Renaissance GIF - Beyoncé Renaissance Wind Blowing - Discover &  Share GIFs

3 hours ago, JoAddams said:

New Australian certifications:

Crazy In Love 9x Platinum (630k)

Irreplaceable 6x Platinum (420k)

Love On Top 6x Platinum (420k)

Run The World (Girls) 5x Platinum (350k)

Best Thing I Never Had 4x Platinum (280k)

Partition 3x Platinum (210k)

Upgrade U Platinum (70k)

This is amazing.

I hope she does the same with RIAA when she certifies BMS Platinum. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.