Why is Britney's Single Peaks looking Not Very Good?

Cryptique

3 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

so 9 years into their career

Britney - 1-#1 & 5-top10s

Xtina - 4-#1s & 8-top10s

but Brit's singles felt BIGGER :skull:

Why did you use nine years? :eli:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cryptique

• Divine

• Enoch

• Ghiles

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

AlexStexaul
35 minutes ago, Ari29 said:

Her songs were never, ever as big as her stans would have you believe.

32 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

No matter what atrl wants you to believe, her songs were never that big especially compared to how big she was a celebrity 

8 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

No matter what atrl wants you to believe, her songs were never that big especially compared to how big she was a celebrity 

This.

Just now, Enoch said:

Why did you use nine years? :eli:

because 2009 up to present is my pop world awakening, so I'm kinda aware with what is hit and what is flop.

2008 and before that I have NO CLUE..

Radio ban + many of her singles didn't get physical releases. Radio ****ed up a lot of songs by many artists back then. 

But her album sales are amazing :flower:

1 minute ago, Cryptique said:

so 9 years into their career

Britney - 1-#1 & 5-top10s

Xtina - 4-#1s & 8-top10s

but Brit's singles felt BIGGER :skull:

This was always the craziest thing to me how in terms of debuts, Britney sold 25,000,000 copies based on 1 #1 and a top 10, and Xtina sold around 14,000,000 based on three #1s and a top 3. 

Just now, PoKiTaurus said:

Radio ban + many of her singles didn't get physical releases. Radio ****ed up a lot of songs by many artists back then. 

But her album sales are amazing :flower:

This was always the craziest thing to me how in terms of debuts, Britney sold 25,000,000 copies based on 1 #1 and a top 10, and Xtina sold around 14,000,000 based on three #1s and a top 3. 

I guess Britney really is more of an album seller than XTina. and they also limit the single release in order for people buy the whole album as some stans say. 

2 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

guess Britney really is more of an album seller than XTina

I love my fave that sells bodies of work

tumblr_micjibr3aj1qbbb7uo3_250.gif?w=620

Edited by Enoch

8 minutes ago, Jay Fenty said:

Then why are all of her lead singles from every album except Glory so remembered and culturally relevant today?

They're not? Lol

Hold It Against Me, Work Bitch, Womanizer, and Me Against the Music aren't remembered. Period

Oops, Gimme More, and Slave 4 U are only remembered by stans and kids/teens who grew up when those were popular. Not the GP at large.

BOMT is the only one that is widely remembered and culturally relevant.

Edited by Divine

As it has already been pointed out - her hits were never that big and lacked longevity.

There's a reason as to why her stans always bring up how 'iconic' her songs are and supposed radio bans because the stats simply are not there :michael: 

Edited by Evolution

39 minutes ago, Enoch said:

Radio ban and limited single releases to boost album sales

Charts veered to Hip hop and Rap around the Britney/ITZ era

have a nice day!

Just like now... get prepared for Ariana's In The Zone era

2 minutes ago, Divine said:

They're not? Lol

Hold It Against Me, Work Bitch, Womanizer, and Me Against the Music aren't remembered. Period

Oops, Gimme More, and Slave 4 U are only remembered by stans and kids/teens who grew up when those were popular. Not the GP at large.

The delusion is cute 

Just now, Jay Fenty said:

The delusion is cute 

The real delusion is thinking that HIAM and Work Bitch are remembered and culturally relevant. But ok.

Womanizer and Work Bitch not remembered..... what kind of delusional mess 

2 minutes ago, FancyMoonlight said:

Just like now... get prepared for Ariana's In The Zone era

She can slay an ‘everytime’ like song

3 minutes ago, Divine said:

They're not? Lol

Oops is definitely remembered, it got 10/10 on that react video IIRC.

MATM is shockingly forgettable though, you would think a collab between Britney Spears and Madonna would be this huge classic but :skull: 

4 minutes ago, Evolution said:

As it has already been pointed out - her hits were never that big and lacked longevity.

There's a reason as to why her stans always bring up how 'iconic' her songs are and supposed radio bans because the stats simply are not there :michael: 

is it true??? not mediocre peaks only but lacked longevity as well???

:rip:

1 minute ago, Enoch said:

She can slay an ‘everytime’ like song

I need her to do this:jonny5:

Pharell and Max better come through

7 minutes ago, Divine said:

They're not? Lol

Not you putting Oops on the same level as Gimme More and Slave 4 U. 111M streams on Spotify. 150k daily views on Youtube, the same number as Single Ladies (for example), which speaks volumes since Oops is from 2000. It's most definitely remembered by the public. It also got a 10/10 on the Teens React channel, so it's not only relevant to those that grew up with it.

Womanizer is decently remembered as well. I wouldn't put it next to Me Against the Music and HIAM lol.

Edited by Ghiles

8 minutes ago, Divine said:

They're not? Lol

I would say BOMT is for sure. Oops a lot less than BOMT but I think most people would recognize it. Slave 4 U if they obsessively watched the VMAs maybe but not really. The rest no.

Edited by Walk_Away21

1 minute ago, Ghiles said:

Not you putting Oops on the same level as Gimme More and Slave 4 U. 111M streams on Spotify. 150k daily views on Youtube, the same number as Single Ladies (for example), which speaks volumes since Oops is from 2000. It's most definitely remembered by the public.

Womanizer is decently remembered as well. I wouldn't put it next to Me Against the Music and HIAM lol.

all I'm gonna say is I haven't heard Oops on the radio since I was a child, and I haven't heard Womanizer on the radio since 2009.

16 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

because 2009 up to present is my pop world awakening, so I'm kinda aware with what is hit and what is flop.

2008 and before that I have NO CLUE..

Then dont ask about single peaks before 2009 because albums sales is where it was at during britney’s heyday. 

All you can see is a number while not knowing the context behind it

Limited single released is not a made up excuse by the army, it was a legitimate tactic used by many of the industry

Edited by Enoch

1 minute ago, Enoch said:

Then dont ask about single peaks before 2009 because albums sales is where it was at during britney’s heyday. 

Limited single released is not a made up excuse by the army, it was a legitimate tactic used by many of the industry

yeah I kinda get it now. 

it's in the same vein of Beyonce, Adele and Taylor's tactics of not releasing it in Spotify.

7 minutes ago, Cryptique said:

is it true??? not mediocre peaks only but lacked longevity as well???

:rip:

So you opened this thread to troll and try to get Britney dragged, I see. :rip:

The CD single thing isn't a good excuse either, because once Billboard stopped requiring physical singles for songs to chart on the Hot 100, most labels started releasing less singles.

What IS a good excuse for Britney's singles not charting high, though, is that in the 2000s, the charts were heavily influenced by radio, specifically rhythmic and urban radio, the latter of which Britney never got played on.

Edited by Divine

3 minutes ago, Ghiles said:

So you opened this thread to troll and try to get Britney dragged, I see. :rip:

no I just want answers as I am not aware of pop culture before 2009.. so clearly I don't know the peaks and chart runs of certain singles during that period.

Edited by Cryptique