H100: God's Plan 6x #1, Psycho #2, The Middle #11

Renan90

Anyways....

Can we drop this now? I agree Black Panther soundtrack was screwed but sales are sales and Bon Jovi album was redeemed. New albums drop quickly as well so I’m not understanding that argument.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dussymob

• QueenofCopyPaste

• simmnfierzig

• Enoch

I think God's Plan is about to become my favorite Drake song, sorry One Dance :-x I understand now why is such a huge #1 hit, hopefully it'll be a smash on CHR.

2 hours ago, Émotif Fool said:

tumblr_inline_nt780nGAa31ts1va1_500.gif

IDGAF seems to be stalling

it's what she deserves gif

giphy.gif

QueenofCopyPaste

Drake has peaked in Rhythmic, Urban is next, but Pop is still rising :keir:

13 minutes ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

already

well that's a good sign

e2172663fe0af0fbd3d751267ce1658f.jpg

QueenofCopyPaste
3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

That’s incredibly fast, the song is only 7 weeks old, it shouldn’t have peaked anywhere yet,

Overall not yet. 

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

That’s why I said anywhere, in other words, on any major airplay genre chart.

you must be fun at parties

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

But that’s not true.  Their music, old as it is, is still attracting huge audiences that want to hear songs that are two decades old.

the real problem is the consumption isn’t being tracked as concerts and listening to cds isn’t measured, and the youth don’t want it to be tracked as they dint care.

has never been about what is really being heard the most, but about selling new music.

:skull:

this is me literally every time I open this thread

tumblr_inline_nt780nGAa31ts1va1_500.gif

5 hours ago, Rico Shameless v2 said:

You’re just tumbling around in your words at this point. You literally said it’s the same as “racial segregation”. Then you said you only meant bathroom segregation and not racism as a whole (???????). Now you’re saying that’s not the comparison you meant to make at all? But it was because you’ve posted and reposted it several times. Just because you’ve got a graph of what’s “more racist” over something else doesn’t negate it’s all racism.

All of this because you took @iHype. disagreeing with Billboard 200 rules as being “ageist”. All the while ignoring the example of Katy Perry. ‘Witness’ would have bombed even harder without tour bundles. Many people believe she shouldn’t have been #1 due to those bundles because, as mentioned to you, being able to sell out tours doesn’t absolutely mean you’re a hot, popular artist - which the BB200 sets itself onto. Especially when it’s an event like this where Black Panther (obviously the most popular and talked about project right now) is hindered continued success at the top, because of bundles that’s gonna make the album drop off the chart next week. Are those people sexist because they had arguments about Katy? Are we just applying social issues at random over a chart manipulation tactic? Wow wow wow is all I got to say.

Being a nostalgia act isn't even a bad thing, it's an achievement. :zzz: 99.9% of artists from the past with hits fizzle out, disappear from the GPs mind, and are never cared about again.  A nostalgia act is someone who's music has a legacy, their peak days are still remembered, and they are the first artists thought of when people look back on their period of music. 

Mariah's a nostalgia act; her current music isn't popular but every Holiday her Christmas music becomes widely consumed (and outside the Holidays she has other regular classics). That isn't bad and most artists would kill to have that. I'd rather have a huge legacy and big charting every year because of it then to just be forgotten and wiped off the map when my hit-making days are over. 

He just really wanted to complain about something.

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

That’s why I said anywhere, in other words, on any major airplay genre chart.

LMAO.... the song is already at 42M audience at Rhythmic 

last #1 peaks : Finesse 33M, LOVE. 34M, Sky Walker 29M, Lemon 25M

:ace::ace:

ALSO 42M audience at Urban

last #1 peaks : LOVE. 37M, Sky Walker 28M, No Liit 38M, MotorSport 32M, Lemon 24M

:dies:

Just now, ChartsFan said:

Did I say the peak was bad?  I wish people on ATRL read what was said and not what they want something to say.

for a radio song to peak in 6 weeks, simply means it’s very front loaded,  an extremely small number of songs that top the charts peak that peak that quick,  no matter what ai they get to.  

Shich im sure everyone will just as well read what they think that says instead of what it says, for the record the statement contains no emotion or opinion on early peaks.

you as 'chart fan' should know... songs that rising super fast, peaked in less than 50 days

Hello peaked at Pop in less than 45 days and is one of the biggest hits OAT

also Bad Blood, Monster, etc :ace:

Can y’all STOP already in here jfc

KbiA0Xr.gif

On 3/4/2018 at 4:34 PM, jose168 said:

The male katy perry

Except he sells albums, singles, concert tickets, has cultural impact and he is very popular on all streaming platforms. No shade to Katy Perry though. 

Edited by BabyCantYouSee

1 hour ago, Tylerbv said:

you must be fun at parties

:ahh:

3 minutes ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Except he sells albums, singles, concert tickets, has cultural impact and he is very popular on all streaming platforms. No shade to Katy Perry though. 

And which of these Katy Perry doesn’t  have?

5 minutes ago, dussymob said:

And which of these Katy Perry doesn’t  have?

Presently, none of that. Again, no shade to Katy Perry.

Even at the peak of her career, she was lacking in all things but single sales, chart performance and YouTube hits, so to call Drake, who excels in all aspects, the male Katy Perry is pretty inaccurate. 

Edited by BabyCantYouSee

6 minutes ago, BabyCantYouSee said:

Presently, none of that. Again, no shade to Katy Perry.

Even at the peak of her career, she was lacking in all things but single sales, chart performance and YouTube hits, so to call Drake, who excels in all aspects, the male Katy Perry is pretty inaccurate. 

They were calling Bon Jovi the Male Katy for using ticket bundles to reach #1

3 minutes ago, iHype. said:

They were calling Bon Jovi the Male Katy for using ticket bundles to reach #1

:rip: I feel like she did popularize the ticket bundle marketing technique, though I could be wrong. I saw many big names who began to use that method after she did.

1 hour ago, iHype. said:

Being a nostalgia act isn't even a bad thing, it's an achievement. :zzz: 99.9% of artists from the past with hits fizzle out, disappear from the GPs mind, and are never cared about again.  A nostalgia act is someone who's music has a legacy, their peak days are still remembered, and they are the first artists thought of when people look back on their period of music. 

Mariah's a nostalgia act; her current music isn't popular but every Holiday her Christmas music becomes widely consumed (and outside the Holidays she has other regular classics). That isn't bad and most artists would kill to have that. I'd rather have a huge legacy and big charting every year because of it then to just be forgotten and wiped off the map when my hit-making days are over. 

He just really wanted to complain about something.

Exactly. Oh well!

3 hours ago, Meghallah Godnor said:

If it performs like all his other songs it’ll be stable where it is. Def won’t be falling hard anytime soon.

Edited by Rico Shameless v2

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Can y’all STOP already in here jfc

KbiA0Xr.gif

yeah it was cute on page 13

giphy.gif

Hello' died so fast on the charts, its like radio forgot about it as soon as the first spring flower bloomed

Y’all overrate Drake’s career and he’s not that much of an album seller.

18 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

So we should return to the intellectually stimulating - yea my fav might be number 23 next week plus cute emoticon.

or you should just...chill until we get new stats data to discuss.

It's not a perplexing concept to get some fresh air and gear up for the moment new info is released.

ixz8qep7pgsx7i2uf7.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.