Let's Spoon! (Season 8) | Winner: shelven

Element

1 minute ago, PinkBox said:

Okay I highkey have a BRILLIANT idea

24h challenge and Tick Tock at the same time

Every hour counts as a spoon

giphy.gif

Ok wait but this would actually be much more bearable, I second this.

giphy.gif

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• shelven

• Navyofbadgals

• alexanderao

5 minutes ago, alexanderao said:

Seriously though, I do think it could be a lot more competitive than it is. There were literally 4 unclaimed spoons when I played it in Season 5 because people were sleeping :deadbanana:

I think having it in chunks (no breaks during the chunks, only between, and the chunks are still quite long so it takes endurance) and finding a way to allow people to play on mobile would make it much more intense. The chunks would obviously sum to 24 hours, if that was not clear

Last little thing on this– it would also be made more difficult if spoon grabbing wasn't the sole task you have to do as part of the challenge.

Imagine the entire 24 hour challenge just having everyone perched in the thread, knowing that each spoon can be claimed instantly by everyone else, and also possibly having to do other things while perched. That'd be so exhilarating (and draining!)

It would probably last longer than 24 hours in real time, too, just because of the way you'd schedule the chunks. Idk, I think this is an actually good idea.

Just now, Legend E said:

I really hope we can start very late on Thursday or something if I get to the 24h challenge. My schedule is a mess this week tbh, but I'll manage to fit it in

Same. I'm busy from 6-8PM ET on Thursdays.

• ATRL Moderator

We should just do In Memoriam now :eli:

Alex is FIGHTING for this change

giphy.gif

The way he's redeeming himself from his villainous status earlier in the season

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Legend E said:

We should just do In Memoriam now :eli:

unfortunately I am now heading to class

I do think in a future season having the final 4-5 rounds all at once (i.e. back-to-back-to-back-to-back) would be insane. But that's something you have to plan for well in advance

• ATRL Moderator

I just realized that (I think) I had to do the 24 hours challenge for thestdz's flop game too :skull:

Too bad that I am awful at them

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, alexanderao said:

unfortunately I am now heading to class

I do think in a future season having the final 4-5 rounds all at once (i.e. back-to-back-to-back-to-back) would be insane. But that's something you have to plan for well in advance

I mean, I'm sure Element doesn't have his puzzle done anyway

3 minutes ago, shelven said:

Alex is FIGHTING for this change

giphy.gif

The way he's redeeming himself from his villainous status earlier in the season

giphy.gif

Honest question, don't you think it would make the challenge more competitive? I really think it would.

Just now, alexanderao said:

Honest question, don't you think it would make the challenge more competitive? I really think it would.

Yeah I think the 4 6-hour chunks is an interesting idea that could solve the problem of time zones factoring into how well you do.

Not sure if I agree with the idea of adding additional mini-challenges on top of having to grab spoons, I think that might be going a bit overboard in terms of competitiveness :toofunny2: 

2 minutes ago, Legend E said:

I just realized that (I think) I had to do the 24 hours challenge for thestdz's flop game too :skull:

Too bad that I am awful at them

Haven't you won two of them? LS6 and Fruit Basket?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, shelven said:

Yeah I think the 4 6-hour chunks is an interesting idea that could solve the problem of time zones factoring into how well you do.

Not sure if I agree with the idea of adding additional mini-challenges on top of having to grab spoons, I think that might be going a bit overboard in terms of competitiveness :toofunny2: 

giphy.gif

you can never go overboard in terms of competitiveness

• ATRL Moderator
3 minutes ago, shelven said:

giphy.gif

I didn't win the 24h challenge in Fruit Basket, but I won the contest

THE WINNER OF ATRL’S FRUIT BASKET TURNOVER

• ATRL Moderator

ugh leave me alone, I'm always excited because I never win anything :toofunny2: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Legend E said:

Says the winner of Let’s Spoon 6!!!

• ATRL Moderator

I’ll announce who advances tomorrow one by one

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Element said:

Says the winner of Let’s Spoon 6!!!

Well before that I had a long break between the last game I won (whatever that was nn) and LS6 

I don't think I won anything after Flop Basket, but tbh I was not very much into the Games Section either. LS really is special

Just now, Legend E said:

LS really is special

‘tis true

13 minutes ago, shelven said:

Nn :dies:

1 hour ago, Legend E said:

THE WINNER OF ATRL’S FRUIT BASKET TURNOVER SEASON 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.