Let's Spoon! (Season 8) | Winner: shelven

Element

• ATRL Moderator

I mean I'm kinda struggling with In Memoriam tbh, but it's even worse that you have to refresh the thread continuously. Whatever is decided is fine by me.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Element

• shelven

• Navyofbadgals

• alexanderao

I only bring it up because I believe @Element was actually the one who suggested the idea as a possibility last season. Personally I think it's more fair that way, but I also don't really have too strong of an opinion either way.

Yeah, In Memoriam should definitely be a must-complete. 

The 24 hour challenge could probably be made better if, instead of being 24 continuous hours, be completed in sections of 4-5 hours at times that the final 3 mutually agree on so that it doesn't get non-competitive when people are sleeping.

Furthermore, people should be able to claim posted spoons in the thread, because otherwise no one on mobile has a chance, and that's no fun.

• ATRL Moderator

You guys read my mind. That was literally going to be my next question when I came back on, because the final 4 round has bothered me for a few seasons. 

I'll do whatever the majority votes: must-complete vs regular round. If it ties, then I'll break the tie.

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, shelven said:

I only bring it up because I believe @Element was actually the one who suggested the idea as a possibility last season. Personally I think it's more fair that way, but I also don't really have too strong of an opinion either way.

oh did i

1 minute ago, alexanderao said:

The 24 hour challenge could probably be made better if, instead of being 24 continuous hours, be completed in sections of 4-5 hours at times that the final 3 mutually agree on so that it doesn't get non-competitive when people are sleeping.

But Element likes to see us suffer and be ultra-competitive :eli: 

Just now, shelven said:

But Element likes to see us suffer and be ultra-competitive :eli: 

Right, and it's much more competitive when everyone is in the thread at the same time & you can still play while on mobile. Sleep + having to send the images makes it less competitive.

• ATRL Moderator

The 24 hour challenge will remain 24 hours

giphy.gif

I vote must-complete as well

Just now, Element said:

giphy.gif

under my proposal it would

you'd have, say, 4 segments of 6 hours each totaling 24 hours

Just now, Element said:

giphy.gif

Or you get rid of it and let us have lives

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator

Lives? Right in front of MY salad??

This GIF is now going to be how I picture Element whenever he announces he's going to sleep during Tick Tock or the 24 Hour Challenge.

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, shelven said:

This GIF is now going to be how I picture Element whenever he announces he's going to sleep during Tick Tock or the 24 Hour Challenge.

giphy.gif

I need my 8 hours! 

Also since Legend E screwed everything up by not finishing in 6th, he can make it up to us by getting eliminated tomorrow thus continuing to finish in the exact placement that Alex finished in the previous season for a third season in a row.

giphy.gif

Seriously though, I do think it could be a lot more competitive than it is. There were literally 4 unclaimed spoons when I played it in Season 5 because people were sleeping :deadbanana:

I think having it in chunks (no breaks during the chunks, only between, and the chunks are still quite long so it takes endurance) and finding a way to allow people to play on mobile would make it much more intense. The chunks would obviously sum to 24 hours, if that was not clear

• ATRL Moderator

it looks like 3/4 have voted for must complete, so must complete it is!

the last to finish will go home

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, shelven said:

Bitch so do I :biblio: 

I didn't type s h e l v e n in the signup list!

Wait so what's the schedule going to look like for the final few rounds?

Tomorrow - 5:30 PM

Thursday - TBD (but probably 5:30 lbr)

Sunday - Final round?

• ATRL Moderator

Well, actually, I am happy it is this way. Takes away from the time wasted on refreshing the thread and is more fair.

Just one question though. How are we actually going to spoon? Is @Element going to announce when each of us finished or will we get a spoon a la Scarvenger Hunt upon finishing the puzzle?

Okay I highkey have a BRILLIANT idea

24h challenge and Tick Tock at the same time

Every hour counts as a spoon

giphy.gif

• ATRL Moderator

I really hope we can start very late on Thursday or something if I get to the 24h challenge. My schedule is a mess this week tbh, but I'll manage to fit it in

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.