TiK ToK reaches 200 million streams on Spotify

TomTom

12 minutes ago, Pharaoh said:

You know what I mean, no need to make it obvious but...

qnofw4.jpg

3zg56pwp.gif

Back when the top 5 was still good

Replay is that jam

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Kesha's US certifications haven't been updated in seven years and TiK ToK isn't less of a classic than Bad Romance. TT is still the 5th best-selling digital single of all time. Both are remembered songs, so idk why you are arguing.

lmfao u were the one saying tik tok was #1 for 9 weeks while br...well

3zg56pwp.gif

8 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Kesha's US certifications haven't been updated in seven years and TiK ToK isn't less of a classic than Bad Romance. TT is still the 5th best-selling digital single of all time. Both are remembered songs, so idk why you are arguing.

11 minutes ago, artangel said:

BR has is Diamond certified, already a classic, gets 100M+ views yearly...time the ultimate truth teller

3zg56pwp.gif

Bad Romance and a few other songs were certified by RIAA in a brief time(in 2013) where 100 streams counted as 1 sale. To further worsen the issue, RIAA used WW Youtube views for the certification. RIAA has since corrected this error but hasn't rolled back the certifications leaving BR, Baby and Love the way you lie with higher certifications than intended.

@Pharaoh

Edited by marsblyr

8 minutes ago, artangel said:

BR has is Diamond certified, already a classic, gets 100M+ views yearly...time the ultimate truth teller

3zg56pwp.gif

Sister...

BR - 12 million

Tik Tok - 16 million

The only thing BR has over Tik Tok is streaming. All factors combined TT is objectively the - wayyy - bigger hit.

G5mapKV.gif

200 million but there’s only 50 million people in this world? :dancehall: 

Truly a worldwide hit! :alexz:

Why are monsters ruining a thread about other artist success. Tik Tok it's iconic same as BR, both songs are classics from the digital/electropop era.

Btw:

In 2016

Bad Romance 5.6M sales

Tik Tok 6.8M sales

Just now, Xtripped said:

Why are monsters ruining a thread about other artist success. Tik Tok it's iconic same as BR, both songs are classics from the digital/electropop era.

Btw:

In 2016

Bad Romance 5.6M sales

Tik Tok 6.8M sales

They have never gotten over the fact that TiK ToK blocked Bad Romance from going #1.

OT: You're absolutely right. Both are remembered classics.

1 hour ago, Pharaoh said:

Um not really, she never has had good YT views. The parody of TT reached 100m views before the official video did :rip: 

Not important tho since the song sold 16m and went #1 for 9 weeks while BR... well... 

:clap3: 

won a Grammy ? a VOTY? the MV that pushed for more artistic videos from ur faves? ?!?!:alexz:

A classic, a masterpiece and the beginning of the career of this sweet-strong girl that changed my life 8 years ago. I know this sounds stupid but for me it's the truth. When I hear Tik Tok I have this feeling of happiness thinking about all the success she achieved. I wish her all the best things for her life. Go Kesha!!!!!!

10 hours ago, marsblyr said:

Bad Romance and a few other songs were certified by RIAA in a brief time(in 2013) where 100 streams counted as 1 sale. To further worsen the issue, RIAA used WW Youtube views for the certification. RIAA has since corrected this error but hasn't rolled back the certifications leaving BR, Baby and Love the way you lie with higher certifications than intended.

@Pharaoh

The same happened to all the diamond songs certified before 2016 tho, Firework, We Found Love, etc.

11 hours ago, Pharaoh said:

Um not really, she never has had good YT views. The parody of TT reached 100m views before the official video did :rip: 

Not important tho since the song sold 16m and went #1 for 9 weeks while BR... well... 

:clap3: 

Oop

Wow, the biggest single from ANY of her peers. She really won!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.