• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FanOfPop

• slw84

• Stepfon

• Jimmy.

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hot Volcano said:

Actually, I just checked out her RIAA page and everything seems on point. Perhaps Roar and DH could be 11x Platinum but that's about it.

How do you know just by “checking out” her RIAA page? Intuition maybe, gotcha.

3 hours ago, Hot Volcano said:

Umm this is not true. Basically 90% of her certifications are up to date.

All her albums are undercertified

One of the Boys Platinum (eligible for 4x Platinum)

Teenage Dream 3x Platinum (eligible for 9x Platinum)

Prism 2x Platinum  (eligible for 4x Platinum)

Witness Not certified (eligible for Gold)

Her album certifications should jump from 6 million to 17.5 million units.

33 minutes ago, Green said:

TABS :clap3:

1 hour ago, Green said:

:clap3:

4 hours ago, Green said:

Oh. I thought we were talking only about songs. Tha

CG going Diamond next after ET. TABS :clap3:

Yeah certification are a mess , it should be automatic.

Rih is so behind :skull:

1 hour ago, Reb'l Rêveur said:

CG going Diamond next after ET. TABS :clap3:

Too bad the best single from the TD era, TD is never going Diamond :'( Imagine her having four consecutive Diamond singles :lmao:

Edited by Hot Volcano

23 hours ago, Emperor said:

Yeah certification are a mess , it should be automatic.

Rih is so behind :skull:

Right? If the UK can do it then why not the US

On 4/7/2020 at 12:35 PM, Green said:

how??this kind of inflation certification is really disgusting???!!! I guess all album from physical-record should be re-certificated as well if so. put all the physical singles, downloads and streaming into them

7 minutes ago, therapywu said:

how??this kind of inflation certification is really disgusting???!!! I guess all album from physical-record should be re-certificated as well if so. put all the physical singles, downloads and streaming into them

That's allowed.

Thriller - 33 x Plat

Pure sales cert: 30 x Plat

EAS from TEA and SEA: 3 x Plat

1 hour ago, therapywu said:

They have been doing this for years, even for old albums

Old albums by Michael Jackson, The Eagles, Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Queen and many others have been updated too   :cm: 

11 hours ago, Green said:

They have been doing this for years, even for old albums

Old albums by Michael Jackson, The Eagles, Mariah, Whitney, Elton, Queen and many others have been updated too   :cm: 

still not the same, streaming is included in the certification of singles already and is included again in the certification of albums, which unfairly favours relatively new artists. I don't think those old albums' new certifications include the sales of physical singles and downloads, too. Actually, the certification system is just not fair. The price of a physical single is much more expensive than a download but they have the same certification standard. In addition, there was a time when 2 million sales equaled only 1 platinum. What a mess!

12 hours ago, Rusty said:

That's allowed.

Thriller - 33 x Plat

Pure sales cert: 30 x Plat

EAS from TEA and SEA: 3 x Plat

still not the same, streaming is included in the certification of singles already and is included again in the certification of albums, which unfairly favours relatively new artists. I don't think those old albums' new certifications include the sales of physical singles and downloads, too. Actually, the certification system is just not fair. The price of a physical single is much more expensive than a download but they have the same certification standard. In addition, there was a time when 2 million sales equaled only 1 platinum. What a mess!

31 minutes ago, therapywu said:

Streaming is also included for physical singles. For example: They added digital sales and streaming to "I will always love you" and they updated the certification of the single from 4x Platinum to 8x Platinum

WHITNEY HOUSTON I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

8x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

7x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

6x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

5x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

4x Multi-Platinum | January 12, 1993

3x Multi-Platinum | December 29, 1992

2x Multi-Platinum | December 29, 1992

Platinum | December 29, 1992

Gold | December 29, 1992

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=i+will+always+love+you#search_section

1 hour ago, Green said:

Streaming is also included for physical singles. For example: They added digital sales and streaming to "I will always love you" and they updated the certification of the single from 4x Platinum to 8x Platinum

WHITNEY HOUSTON I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

8x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

7x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

6x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

5x Multi-Platinum | March 11, 2019

4x Multi-Platinum | January 12, 1993

3x Multi-Platinum | December 29, 1992

2x Multi-Platinum | December 29, 1992

Platinum | December 29, 1992

Gold | December 29, 1992

https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?tab_active=default-award&se=i+will+always+love+you#search_section

still not fair. The sales of the singles should be the sales of singles and the sales of the albums should be the sales of albums as they used to be. RIAA only allows this shxt because of money. If I'm not wrong, BPI in Britain has been a non-profit organisation which is much better. All the certifications all automatic and they don' t charge extra money. Also, BPI also takes some actions to reflect true popularity of an album Official Charts Company takes the 12 most-streamed tracks from an album, with the top two songs being given lesser weight so that the figure will reflect the popularity of the album as a whole rather than of one or two successful 

On 4/8/2020 at 8:35 AM, therapywu said:

I know the retroactive certifications for albums is so dumb since it’s just adding past single success to current WP’s units. TD has charted in years and it has not done like 6 million units in that time. :deadbanana4: but riaa will never stop it so I guess....

6 hours ago, Katamari said:

I know the retroactive certifications for albums is so dumb since it’s just adding past single success to current WP’s units. TD has charted in years and it has not done like 6 million units in that time. :deadbanana4: but riaa will never stop it so I guess....

exactly, it is all about the money. so disgusting and def not fair to artists from the physical-record time when downloading and streaming didn't exist.

On 4/9/2020 at 2:42 AM, therapywu said:

All single units (purchase and stream) can be counted towards album certs. If you only assign album certs to pure sales, then it massively disadvantages new artists in a market where physical sales are on a constant decline (through both the digital and streaming ages). I think the last two albums to go platinum in USA on pure sales were Lover and A Star Is Born. Should there only be two 1 x Plat albums in the past 18 months? Plus, digital sales eras mean those singles have big pure sales not seen before or since, so that era disproportionally adds TEAs. 

The system is imperfect, but it's difficult to attribute to success to an album in the streaming age. The only methodology would be to use equivalent sales, but then you have two separate metrics: single certs and album certs, which are independent a combined artist total metric. Failing that you get rid of individual single stats entirely and do a CSPC-style measure.

Edited by Rusty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

OP updated! I recalculated every female inside Top 40 (and a few spots below) to see whether I made some mistakes. Turns out, there were A LOT of mistakes, but I fixed them. Some females fell out of Top 40 (Shakira, Alicia Keys, etc.).

As for the latest update - Camila Cabello enters the list at #37 after getting some of her certs updated.

27 minutes ago, FanOfPop said:

OP updated! I recalculated every female inside Top 40 (and a few spots below) to see whether I made some mistakes. Turns out, there were A LOT of mistakes, but I fixed them. Some females fell out of Top 40 (Shakira, Alicia Keys, etc.).

As for the latest update - Camila Cabello enters the list at #37 after getting some of her certs updated.

I'm sorry but i only see pics of 6 female artists in the OP, nothing else :psyduck: 

5 minutes ago, cuneytb said:

I'm sorry but i only see pics of 6 female artists in the OP, nothing else :psyduck: 

There are also two tables. I see them there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.