Normani Rising

cliche_display

4 hours ago, VilsonMuqa said:

Whew that picture 

When will Rihanna, Beyonce, Ciara or Tinashe?

lol r u serious? :lmao:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cliche_display

• GabrielLavigne

• LEMONADE

• Goofy

Payola wonders! Congrats Normani.

Edit-- Ooops wait. It didn't last long. Down to number 13.

Edited by lovewins

It's stable! Back at 11 already six days in with no radio play.

Edited by cliche_display

21 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

It's stable! Back at 11 already six days in with no radio play.

It’s #1 on BOTW. Never Be The Same peaked at #3 and it’s a solo song. Normani’s song also features Khalid so a #7 peak isn’t that impressive. :(

34 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

It’s #1 on BOTW. Never Be The Same peaked at #3 and it’s a solo song. Normani’s song also features Khalid so a #7 peak isn’t that impressive. :(

I'm impressed they're number one on BOTW actually. Stable on ITunes, rising on Spotify etc. 

33 minutes ago, MTrain Grande said:

:clap3: 

She's coming..

On 2/19/2018 at 7:50 AM, GabrielLavigne said:

NBTS is a follow up to a #1 single. 

You’re comparing Camila’s fifth single with Normani’s first. Camila’s collab with Shawn peaked at #4. 

1. IKWYDLS

2. Bad Things 

3. CITC

4. Havana 

5. NBTS

Edited by Kedzie53

10 minutes ago, Kedzie53 said:

NBTS is a follow up to a #1 single. 

You’re comparing Camila’s fifth single with Normani’s first. Camila’s collab with Shawn peaked at #4. 

1. IKWYDLS

2. Bad Things 

3. CITC

4. Havana 

5. NBTS

Off topic, but I'm pretty sure IKWYDLS  peaked at 3 on ITunes

Love Lies far outpeaked it on Spotify though and Apple Music so far and is much more stable on ITunes. Still number 12

(and we're talking by millions of streams instead of thousands of sales for a quick one day peak)

IWYDLS fell out of the top 20's within the first few days even though it had first panel hot tracks placement, a TV performance, and radio impact

It all kind of depends on how radio goes from here on out.

It will probably outpeak  (#97) Hot 100 debut of IKWYDLS too

Edited by cliche_display

As of this posting:

Top 25 Global on Spotify

Top 11 US

12 on ITunes US

41 on Apple Music

I think it's an impressive start since Khalid has only two huge solo hits (Location and YDB), 3 if you include his feature on 1-800

and Normani has 0 (two if you include her group's with WFH and Worth It)

Edited by cliche_display

4 hours ago, cliche_display said:

Love Lies far outpeaked it on Spotify though and Apple Music so far and is much more stable on ITunes. Still number 12

(and we're talking by millions of streams instead of thousands of sales for a quick one day peak)

IWYDLS fell out of the top 20's within the first few days even though it had first panel hot tracks placement, a TV performance, and radio impact

I’m pretty sure IKWYDLS music video wasn’t released simultaneous to the track and I don’t remember if it had the same Spotify promo (Today’s top hits) as Khalid’s single.

it still peaked higher on Itunes. :)

4 hours ago, cliche_display said:

I’m pretty sure IKWYDLS music video wasn’t released simultaneous to the track and I don’t remember if it had the same Spotify promo (Today’s top hits) as Khalid’s single.

14 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

Did you double post? Lol

All you have to do is check Google.

The video came out on a Friday, two days after the song was released just like Love Lies. It also had hot tracks first panel placement and was placed on TTH and by this point they'd performed it on TV. IKWYDLS did outpeak on ITunes but it fell off. Love Lies outstreamed, and it will probably outpeak on its BB debut which is a more comprehensive measure of its performance compared to just ITunes. As in it will overall outperform, but I could be wrong. Let's see what happens with radio. That'll make or break this.

How's NBTS doing, btw?

Edited by cliche_display

57 minutes ago, cliche_display said:

Did you double post? Lol

The video came out on a Friday, two days after the song was released just like Love Lies. It also had hot tracks first panel placement and was placed on TTH and by this point they'd performed it on TV. IKWYDLS did outpeak on ITunes but it fell off. Love Lies outstreamed, and it will probably outpeak on its BB debut which is a more comprehensive measure of its performance compared to just ITunes. As in it will overall outperform, but I could be wrong. Let's see what happens with radio. That'll make or break this.

How's NBTS doing, btw?

You are wrong. And Normani fans are so funny! Shawn only had 1 top 20 hit when they released IKWYDLS, Khalid has had 2. And you’re comparing Camila’s popularity in 2015 to Normani’s popularity 3 years later, that’s insane. 5H only had Worth it as a hit at that point and the girls were unknown. In 2018, Camila already had a #1 single and album, and has 5x the followers of Normani on Instagram so STOP COMPARING. THEY ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL! Love Lies is likely going to be extremely local, judging by the atrocious views of its music video worldwide.

Edited by GabrielLavigne

Lauren's career found dead in a ditch :ahh: I'd be here if Normani and Camila are the only ones standing :fan: 

17 minutes ago, GabrielLavigne said:

You are wrong. And Normani fans are so funny! Shawn only had 1 top 20 hit when they released IKWYDLS, Khalid has had 2. And you’re comparing Camila’s popularity in 2015 to Normani’s popularity 3 years later, that’s insane. 5H only had Worth it as a hit at that point and the girls were unknown. In 2018, Camila already had a #1 single and album, and has 5x the followers of Normani on Instagram so STOP COMPARING. THEY ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL! Love Lies is likely going to be extremely local, judging by the atrocious views of its music video worldwide.

I am wrong how? Please be specific. I was very specific. Khalid also has one top ten hit and he's a feature on it. Location peaked at 18. You're close though.

I'm comparing their debut solo duets. It's fair to say Normani has had two more years (you mistakenly said 3) to build up exposure so that might account for why she'll outdebut all of her group mates including Camila. It's just facts. 

Edited by cliche_display

Hard work pays off. Work more and talk less. That’s why Camila and now Normani are doing well and Lauren is still ranting from time to time on Twitter 

Just now, Hidden said:

Hard work pays off. Work more and talk less. That’s why Camila and now Normani are doing well and Lauren is still ranting from time to time on Twitter 

is this necessarry?

she mostly rant about the ****ty country she lives in and she's free to do so. 

5 minutes ago, Hidden said:

How about YOU talk less? 

20 hours ago, cliche_display said:

I am wrong how? Please be specific. I was very specific. Khalid also has one top ten hit and he's a feature on it. Location peaked at 18. You're close though.

I'm comparing their debut solo duets. It's fair to say Normani has had two more years (you mistakenly said 3) to build up exposure so that might account for why she'll outdebut all of her group mates including Camila. It's just facts. 

This clock :lmao: 

7 hours ago, Hidden said:

Lauren is passionate about the world around her. She's actually working hard doing something outside of music. 

On 2/20/2018 at 1:13 PM, GabrielLavigne said:

Longevity >>>>>> Peaks

On 2/20/2018 at 1:30 PM, cliche_display said:

Did you double post? Lol

How's NBTS doing, btw?

clock IT. well said, very eloquent. but let's also include that IKWYDLS was coming off of shawns and 5H's biggest hits at the time, whilst Love Lies is coming off of YD&B's only bc 5H flopped. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.