• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alonzo Harris

• QueenofCopyPaste

• iHype.

• B-Rabbit

"LOVE." is becoming a hit right now. But I do hope Kendrick wins AOTY (or ROTY).

33 minutes ago, wesleywalrus said:

v28MImp.png

32 minutes ago, Chile said:

Those bundles did not count towards her first week.

Halsey's album went #1 in June.

August:

Rainbow's sales bow of 90,000 was aided in part by a concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion with Kesha's upcoming tour. Other chart-topping albums that have benefited from such an offer this year include Arcade Fire's Everything Now, Linkin Park's One More Light, The ChainsmokersMemories… Do Not Open and Perry's Witness.

September:

American Dream’s debut benefits from a concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion in association with the act’s U.S. upcoming tour. Other No. 1 albums in 2017 that have profited from such an offer include Arcade Fire’s Everything Now, The Chainsmokers’ Memories… Do Not Open and Katy Perry’s Witness.

October:

Wonderful Wonderful’s debut benefits from a concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion in association with the act’s 2018 U.S. tour. The album is the latest chart topper to profit from such an offer, following such No. 1s as LCD Soundsystem’s American Dream, Arcade Fire’s Everything Now, The Chainsmokers’ Memories… Do Not Open, and Katy Perry’s Witness. (Ticket/album bundle sale redemption offers have existed for years, employed by acts like Michael Bublé, Shawn Mendes, Josh Groban, Barbra Streisand, Tom Petty and Madonna, among many others.)

Now’s debut benefits from a concert ticket/album bundle sale redemption promotion in association with Twain’s 2018 U.S. tour. Other No. 1s in 2017 that employed the same sort of offer include The Killers Wonderful Wonderful, LCD Soundsystem’s American Dream, Arcade Fire’s Everything Now, The Chainsmokers Memories… Do Not Open and Katy Perry’s Witness.

Everytime they recapped albums which went #1 with a bundle her album was not mentioned.

Also it is standard they mention EVERY time a #1 album has bundles the week it goes #1.

The week she went #1, it wasn't mentioned any bundles counted towards her total:

Pop singer-songwriter Halsey notches her first No. 1 album on the Billboard 200chart, as her second full-length studio effort, Hopeless Fountain Kingdom, debuts atop the list. The set, which was released on June 2 through Astralwerks Records, earned 106,000 equivalent album units in the week ending June 8, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 76,000 were in traditional album sales.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7825776/halsey-hopeless-fountain-kingdom-no-1-album-billboard-200-chart

jeqvsdy0drm5.gif

:cm:Only five albums selling more than 10k :jonny5: 

Imagine Bruno winning over him. Just IMAGINE. The nerve. Sorry Bruno sis I like you but.

lorde isn't even mentioned in the article and it's AP

this just seems hateful

Bruno technically won since his album came out in 2016 and it's 2018 but okay girls.

Bruno always win girls.

He snatched JT in Q1 2013, Gaga and ABEL in Q4 2016, and now JT again in Q1 2018.

HE ALWAYS WINS

n9KGn3P.gif

Just now, MusicTalker said:

Imagine Bruno winning over him. Just IMAGINE. The nerve. Sorry Bruno sis I like you but.

Co sign...It would be disrespectful but then again Taylor won in 2016...

Everyone’s sales :skull:

Snatch that top 5 Taylor :clap3:

Melodrama is still better, and so are MASSEDUCTION and Utopía, but he will win so they don’t have a white woman winning for the third year in a row.

14 minutes ago, iHype. said:

Those bundles did not count towards her first week.

Halsey's album went #1 in June.

August:

September:

October:

Everytime they recapped albums which went #1 with a bundle her album was not mentioned.

Also it is standard they mention EVERY time a #1 album has bundles the week it goes #1.

The week she went #1, it wasn't mentioned any bundles counted towards her total:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/7825776/halsey-hopeless-fountain-kingdom-no-1-album-billboard-200-chart

jeqvsdy0drm5.gif

Okay. I just thought it was weird timing since I got the email in May and I believe I received the CD in June, but ok. 

QueenofCopyPaste
14 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

It could happen. Jay-Z and Kendrick can split over the votes. 

17 minutes ago, BenWL said:

Bruno's album came out in 2016... but ok. 

And?  Kendrick sold more than Bruno overall!

14 minutes ago, Blue. said:

Melodrama is still better, and so are MASSEDUCTION and Utopía, but he will win so they don’t have a white woman winning for the third year in a row.

Thank god!

wasnt this thread already made like a few hours ago?

3 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

wasnt this thread already made like a few hours ago?

nope

12 minutes ago, Alonzo Harris said:

And?  Kendrick sold more than Bruno overall!

I know but it's not really an achievement that he's selling more than Bruno this week. Like of course he is. It's like making a thread saying "Kendrick is outselling Jessie's J's debut album this week."

Demi :jonny2: 

3 - 13 - 13 - 10 - 16 - 19 - 22 - 19 - 21 - 6 - 26 - 30 - 15* :jonny2: 

kendrick outselling alt female lorde in this urban male dominated marketplace? 

i am shocked. i tell you, shocked. 

liberalmusiclover
1 hour ago, Alonzo Harris said:

40K crazy. Damn was released 9 months ago...

And 24K Magic was released October 2016. LMAO. 

I hate Kendrick’s music (sans Humble) but he’s likeable enough that his appeal is totally understandable.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.