JDC's Class of 2017.

JDC

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Better - Blue Light - Onanon

LMK and I crossed paths on its release day, I became obessed with it because, well, it's a catchy bop, so the countdown began. Take Me Apart is a solid, cohesive record where Kelela strips her emotions and thoughts and give us amazing powerful songs, I can't break down the album song by song because it's THAT album, it's perfectly placed and flows very well from one song to another. Its artistic direction, production and lyrics were on repeat for days and days, I love how LMK was choosen as the first single, its not a song that catches the whole album vibe but it's a fun addition to it, it's like the only pure bop on the album.

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Garden - Begging - New Rules

Dua Dua Dua, you gave me everything I wanted from you (well, almost everything, RELEASE WANT TO) with you debut and I couldn't be more grateful. The Self-titled debut of this beautiful woman is what I was expecting from Zara's debut (no tea, no shade): a perfectly crafted pop album with hit after hit, a Rihanna's single compilation but even better. I suffered so much for this album, I've been following Dua since the release of Be the One back in 2015, I had to get through the delays, tracklist changes, Want To/Running mess, album cover confusion etc... But it was all worth the wait, all the songs included on this project have a special spot on my heart, I find her so interesting, geniuin and talented, her voice is a one of a kind treasure and it adds a magic touch to everything she sings. I couldn't decide my favorite track on the first month, but now I know that she did THAT with Begging, what kind of perfection? I find myself wondering how her and her team managed to execute such a flawless song, I really hope she releases as a single before entering the #DL2 era, I would love visuals for this one. New Rules was meant to be a hit, I knew it from the first moment, and I'm so happy with all the success she's getting, I'm looking forward to more of her music.

Edited by JDC

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Love Galore - Drew Barrymore - Garden (Say It Like Dat)

Last debut album of the list, we had great debuts last year huh? SZA's debut CTRL (Or is it Ctrl?) is a delicious R&B/Soul record with great production, stellar lyrics, her unique vocal abilities and a perfectly placed tracklist as well, Love Galore was the first SZA track I ever heard and I fell in love with it, it's so unique and good, the verses, that beautiful chorus and the title itself are so likeable, then Drew Barrymore came and WOW, what kind of anthem? I became obsessed so I was expecting the album, counting down the days to enter the CTRL world. I think that my favorite SZA aspect is the way she's so versatile and capable of adjusting her style on different genres and melodies so well without losing her essence, CTRL's strongest feature is the mix of genres and elements through its developement, the way it flows from Doves In The Wind to Drew Barrymore and then to Prom is just wow; it's also important to mention the fact that she has a good number of collabs on the album but the spotlight is always on her, she owns the songs from beginning to end, you're such a talented girl SZA.

Edited by JDC

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Alone - Walls Could Talk - Don't Play

QUEEN OF CONCEPTUAL ALBUMS. TBH I was kinda scared for Halsey after the massive Closer success, when she announced she was following a stronger pop sound path for her album I expected the worse, like, an album full of Closer and stuff, but of course my stupid mind would trick me to think that to only be proven wrong months later. hopeless fountain kingdom develops a Romeo & Juliet story with Halsey's own narrative twistes, Now or Never became one of my favorite Halsey songs ever, the way she embraced pop and added her own BADLANDS/Alternative touch on it enough for GP to love the track and make it a decent lead single UGH, I'm a sucker for this track, it doesn't get old for me (The way she sings "I'm turnin' off the light right now I'm callin' it a .......... NIGHT ..... NOW I mean, WIG SNATCHED). The album is so cohesive, I can't believe she delivered this kind of perfection on her second album (well, her debut was also amazing so we have to admit her talent is there and evolving and growing to slay us even more with each era), the interludes are on point and the album feels like watching a movie, I really hope she releases lots and lots of visuals for this, don't waste the material girl! I only have two complains on the album: 1. Lies (feat. Quavo) 2. Walls Could Talk 1:42 BISH WHY DID YOU CUT SUCH A PERFECT TRACK?.

Edited by JDC

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Delicate - I Did Something Bad - Dress

Of course Taylor came to SLAY me (as always) with reputation, can this girl do anything wrong? I don't think so. Continuing with her pop crossover and WW domination Taylor released THAT album, Look What You Made Me Do left me shooket when it was released (R.I.P. ME I DIED DEAD), I loved the song since it was released, and even if I kinda doubted the chorus for its structure I ended up embracing the track, the message and what it represents. Each track on this album is a new world for us swifties, she mixed new elements with the beloved pop Tay from Red and 1989. My favorites change from day to day, but the three that I choosed are the more stable ones (sorry Don't Blame Me, I really wanted to include you here but there's only three spots, thanks for taking me to church tho). I'm really proud of Taylor and the way she has developed the pop sound without losing her essence, she deserves everything in this world and even more. YOU BETTER RELEASE LIKE 10 SINGLES/MV FOR THIS ALBUM BECAUSE OMG, CAN YOU IMAGINE A VISUAL ALBUM FOR THIS? 

4 minutes ago, JDC said:

giphy.gif

FAVORITE THREE: Delicate - I Did Something Bad - Dress

Of course Taylor came to SLAY me (as always) with reputation, can this girl do anything wrong? I don't think so. Continuing with her pop crossover and WW domination Taylor released THAT album, Look What You Made Me Do left me shooket when it was released (R.I.P. ME I DIED DEAD), I loved the song since it was released, and even if I kinda doubted the chorus for its structure I ended up embracing the track, the message and what it represents. Each track on this album is a new world for us swifties, she mixed new elements with the beloved pop Tay from Red and 1989. My favorites change from day to day, but the three that I choosed are the more stable ones (sorry Don't Blame Me, I really wanted to include you here but there's only three spots, thanks for taking me to church tho). I'm really proud of Taylor and the way she has developed the pop sound without losing her essence, she deserves everything in this world and even more. YOU BETTER RELEASE LIKE 10 SINGLES/MV FOR THIS ALBUM BECAUSE OMG, CAN YOU IMAGINE A VISUAL ALBUM FOR THIS? 

Well deserved spot! :clap3: :clap3: :clap3: 

Well written too! Nice job co-Swiftie! :clap3:

SZA + Paramore slsyed too! :clap3:

You can check my chart too, Tay won there big time!

giphy.gif

I don't know what else can I say, I've expressed my love and admiration for this album several times everywhere. I couldn't choose favorites because a mother can pick a favorite son (well, she can be she shouldn't). I feel that the strongest Melodrama attribute is how releatable it is, I feel like I'm Melodrama, you're Melodrama, the 15 years old girl going through her first break up is Melodrama, the 40 years old man is Melodrama... Ella's talent is beyond any description, and I can only say thank you for such a beautiful body of work (just don't take another 4+ years on the making of next masterpiece please)

Edited by JDC

Well, that was all friends, I hope you enjoyed this list, to end this 2017 ranking I'd like to share with you a Spotify playlist I've made with some of my favorite songs released through the year, no ranking, just music, click the logo to go to the playlist.

Congratulations Class of 2017!

2i1jvw6.jpg

Thank you sweetie! :date2:

I have some message for you in my chart! :alexz3:

Congrats on your successful best of & see you next December! :heart2::heart2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.