DAP’s Best of 2017 ?

DAP

1 hour ago, DAP said:

98_CDB2_E3_15_CC_4_F24_8111_B152768_B24_

13. Travis Scott & Quavo - Black and Chinese

Travis Scott and Quavo have a lot of chemistry and especially so in Black and Chinese, probably the best from the recently-released Huncho Jack, Jack Huncho. The duo play off their chemistry seamlessly in this catchy, well-crafted song. But that hook? Yas. Travis SLAYS that hook. 

Nobody gonna tell OP this isn't Quavo in this pic?

46 minutes ago, DAP said:

She doesn’t have a single bad song but it took me a while to get into Altadena. Still is, I’m not as high on that song as I am with the rest of Take Me Apart :'(

Lol that's the complete opposite for me because Altadena is one of my faves. Still at least we agree the album is great :1stplace:

13 minutes ago, Wicked said:

Nobody gonna tell OP this isn't Quavo in this pic?

;edjip what? I just did a quick google search of “Travis Scott and Quavo” and picked the first image that looked the best :deadbanana:

Edited by DAP

20836576_F881_40_EA_AC77_9_C17_B902_B08_

Unlike much of this year’s music, live performance was... lackluster. A bit dull. Some were awful. Most were not memorable. There were only about three performances from 2017 that I thoroughly enjoyed.

GettyImages-840033534.jpg

3. Kendrick Lamar - 2017 MTV Video Music Awards

There’s a lot to cherish about Kendrick Lamar. I enjoy his artistry and while his showmanship isn’t particularly flashy, he more than makes up the lack of theatricality with a commanding stage presence. Kendrick’s VMA show was by far the best performance of the night, he showed the lessers how it was DONE.

A23_D524_C_F9_B2_406_B_9617_505_F42_C4_B

2. Beyonce - 59th Grammy Awards

I’ve always respected Beyonce as a performer. Even before she was acclaimed of an artist as she is today, she always dedicated a level of thought and attention to her performance that most of her contemporaries simply didn’t do. A bunch of people (ATRLers included) shat on her performance that night for her imagery and perceived narcissism (which she is but that’s beside the point). Now I like my artists with a bit of flash. I prefer the glitz of a flamboyant performer than an acoustic, “stripped down” performer ala an Adele or a Sam Smith. The elaborate costumes, the elaborate visual effects and set pieces, and the elaborate choreography, etc. It’s showmanship that engages me much more as opposed to just standing and singing into a microphone. And yes henny, I was getting my life, arguably her best performance to date. It was visually stunning, a performance with clearly a lot of invested time and ambition.

C319_E0_FF_8_C00_4_A66_8_BBB_B6_EB0_F0_B

1. Lady Gaga - Super Bowl LI

I was screaming all over my TV screen the entire time. This was her greatest spectacle, 13 minutes of breathtaking visual effects, fiery props, and highly energized dance routines, the unrestrained, ambition Gaga that we all loved way back when. It ranks up there as one of the greatest halftime shows ever (and my personal favorite), and establishes her as a legacy artist. Lemme go watch it that iconic performance again :alexz:

1 hour ago, DAP said:

;edjip what? I just did a quick google search of “Travis Scott and Quavo” and picked the first image that looked the best :deadbanana:

That's Takeoff, lol.

Green Light was really the worst song released this year to you? k

7BpeH9U.gif

Summer Bummer and Enough (even if it is the weakest song on TMA) :clap3: I've been meaning to check out St. Beauty but I didn't know when their EP would drop and forgot about them lol

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.