bestfiction's BEST OF 2017 | Today: TOP-10 VIDEOS

bestfiction

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

Ikr :biblio: Like, she's far from perfection but she's making very good pop music. So Good (the album) grew on me eventually. The only thing she deserves to be dragged for is that "I don't wanna shower" lyrics in Only You :toofunny3:

:ahh:honestly I never get tired of screaming when she sings that line

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bestfiction

• TheWayWeWere

• Unoriginal

• JoAddams

ahhhhh STAN zara :clap3:

So Good is v cute tbh. It gets hate only because it was a single in a very bad moment too

42 minutes ago, Mark Rih said:

ahhhhh STAN zara :clap3:

So Good is v cute tbh. It gets hate only because it was a single in a very bad moment too

what bad moment?

40 minutes ago, prézli said:

WHAT A LIST. Nelly, Natasha and Kesha :alexz: 

Slay :alexz:

1 minute ago, bestfiction said:

what bad moment?

I mean, she needed a really strong song to launch the album at that time, and SG wasn't it tbh :skull:

also we were all fuming because she had Permission and Wanna that sounded like hits

aiDf8DV.png

I could be your supermodel if you believe, if you see it in me, I don't see myself

Supermodel

SZA

This song just slayed me with the first listen. The spoken line about control, that guitar, the overall vibe. SZA has definintely represented such a stange and complex emotion when you abandone someone who didn't appreciate you and know that it's for good yet you are insecured and you need (or needed) this person to see how unique and valuable you are because only with it you could appreciate yourself. It's very deep.

Let me know, it ain't that deep either way

LMK

Kelela

Kelela has delivered such a unique for these days atmosphere of 00s R&B. It's like a breath of fresh air. Also this whistle (or what is that?) gives me Mariah teas tbh. 

zd5Lv52.png

So don't sell me no pipe dreams, I wanna feel the good and bad in everything

The Ride

Nelly Furtado

Nelly_Furtado_-_The_Ride.png

I was stunned by Pipe Dreams when it came out last November. I didn't pay attention to Nelly's music before because I didn't witness her reign with Loose (ofc I knew the songs though) and The Spirit Indestructible seemed generic and unispired. However, with this album Nelly shows her real talent at her fullest. Amazing arrangments, relatable lyrics, almost every song stands out one way or another. It's a crime that such a great pop record has been ruthlessly ignored even by many pop fans.

Highlights: Pipe Dreams, Flatline, Magic

Edited by bestfiction

both Supermodel and LMK :jonny: WHEW, TASTE

OMG and The Ride :jonny5: it was such an amazing surprise from her

51 minutes ago, bestfiction said:

So don't sell me no pipe dreams, I wanna feel the good and bad in everything

The Ride

Nelly Furtado

Nelly_Furtado_-_The_Ride.png

top-10 tears :!ohno:

On 21.12.2017 at 0:12 AM, Mark Rih said:

both Supermodel and LMK are AMAZING :smitten:

On 21.12.2017 at 0:27 AM, TheWayWeWere said:

both Supermodel and LMK :jonny: WHEW, TASTE

On 21.12.2017 at 3:50 AM, Unoriginal said:

Supermodel and LMK deserve all the love :smitten:

yes, they are both R&B perfections :alexz:

a double PUNCH, love LMK and Supermodel. Black women WON

whew, I'm finally able to post again. I'm gonna speed up a little bit from now on :flower:

RECAP

Songs:

Spoiler

21.       Kelela – LMK

22.       SZA – Supermodel

23.       Zara – So Good

24.       Arcade Fire – Creature Comfort

25.       Natasha Bedingfield – Let Go

26.       Demi Lovato – Ruin The Frienship

27.       Nelly Furtado – Flatline

28.       Julia Michaels – Issues

29.       Imagine Dragons – Thunder

30.   Mary J. Blige – Indestructible

Albums

Spoiler

11.       Nelly Furtado - The Ride

12.       St. Vincent - Masseduction

13.       Kesha - Rainbow

14.       ParamoreAfter Laughter

15.       Arcade Fire - Everything now

Edited by bestfiction

aiDf8DV.png

Just let me cry a little bit longer, I ain't gonna smile if I don't want to

Rose Colored Boy

Paramore

Okay, this song is a nice bop, I like how Hayley adresses to those optimistic people who sometimes could be annoying as hell. Also I'm loving the spoken intro, it's cool and sets the mood. Kinda better than all the singles they released from the album.

I’m a mother****ing woman, baby, that's right, I'm just having fun with my ladies here tonight

Woman

Kesha

A great country-pop-rock mixture by Kesha. Lowkey the song you could go with on your friday night with girls :-* I wasn't sure if I sould put Praying or Woman but I don't really listen to Praying that much.

We crossed the line it was on this time

Cut to the Feeling

Carly Rae Jepsen

Excellent pop song by Carly. I was kinda surprised to know that it was a Emotion leftover, like why would she let this bop go to waste? I think it has even bigger hit potential that I Really Like You.

Break my heart in two, black and baby blue

In Two

Namie Amuro

My Japanese queen Namie Amuro is retiring the next year so it would've been a crime not to include one of her songs from her last album. In Two is giving me 2013-EDM teas but in a good way and Namie kinda owns this sound so this song has snatched my wig eventually. Also MY F***ING FAVE SOLD MORE THAN A MILLION CDS IN ONE WEEK IN 2017 WHEN WILL YOUR FAVES?

• ATRL Moderator

Rose-Colored Boy and Woman whewww :katie2:

Cut to the Feeling was fun too but I kinda paid it dust 

finally update :skull:

whew, amazing update :clap3:
RCB is probably my favorite from AL album along with FH :heart2:

Woman went off :katie2:

CTTF :alexz3:

49 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

finally update :skull:

Ikr, I'm having hard times.mp3 with my exams and stuff :cries:

59 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

Cut to the Feeling was fun too but I kinda paid it dust 

Yeah, it wasn't that hard to sleep on it tbh :frown: 

supermodel, lmk, cut to the feeling :clap3:

zd5Lv52.png

I'm looking for someone who speaks my language, someone to write this rhyme with me

Witness

Katy Perry

Katy_Perry_-_Witness_(Official_Album_Cov

Okay, first of all I would like to point out that WITNESS IS NOT A BAD ABLUM!!! :fish2: Here's the thing: when it comes to music and production, it's a great and interesting pop record, not common for someone like Katy. Of course its lyrics are messy af but thanks to language gap I don't really cringe at them. Also the title track is easily her best song ever. Moreover, Katy served her best videos this era (except for SS, obviously). The main problem of Witness is that it was indroduced to us as "purposeful pop" yet we've got Bon Appetit (still a great song) and Swish Swish while the meaningful songs that could've represent Katy as a matured person (Witness, Miss You More, Tsunami) were ignored. All in all, I would say that Witness is a great pop album that was ruined by its bad lyrics and poor handle.

Highlights: Witness, Roulette, Bon Apettit, Tsunami

And when it hurts like crazy, you will appreciate me

Double Dutchess

Fergie

Fergie-Double-Dutchess.jpg

The new GIF Queen of ATRL, Fergie Ferg has been delaying her album for so long that everyone stopped caring. However, the album turned out to be surprisingly good, it's diverse, oldschool and Fergie is really kicking ass on most of its songs. Save It Til Morning is a nice 2007 throwback, Enchante is the unique bop and her rap on You Already Know is even better than Nicki's. The visual part was great as well despite I would like to get all the videos with Fergie. I wish this album was more cohesive, though.

Highlights: Enchante, You Already Know, Save It Til Morning

• ATRL Moderator

Both of these choices are questionable :-* not a fan of either but each to their own

aiDf8DV.png

You're the only mother****er in the city who would forgive me

New York

St. Vincent

New York has introduced St. Vincent to me and I wasn't impressed at the first listen but then I realized how amazing this song is. I love how she uses "mother****er" as a term of endearment. Sonically it's a nice piano ballad and the "I have lost a hero..." part is very emotional.

If I could live inside of this dance, I would

Enchante (Carine)

Fergie

As I said earlier, Enchante is the unique bop. This song has captured my attention when Double Dutchess was leaked, it's a very easy-going song to bop to and it's a smash that got away. Fergie Ferg gave the gays everything they wanted here.

And you didn't fit the picture so I guess you weren't the vibe

Rollin

Calvin Harris feat. Future & Khalid

The fact that this song (along with other singles but mostly this one) got me hyped about Calvin Harris' album is quite telling. Like why would anyone get hyped about Calvin Harris album, right? Rollin has kinda a better vibe than Slide and Heatstroke, it's more relaxing and both Future and Khalid slayed in this song. Also my str8 BFF liked it.

But just like a battle of Troy, there's nothing subtle here

Bad Liar

Selena Gomez

How in the world could I forget my fave Selegend? After releasing the best album out of her peers (:fan:) she came thru with this masterpiece and effortlessly became a critical darling, she did THAT. Personally, it wasn't what I excpected from Selena's lead single but I ended up loving this song. The video was great as well, she definitely took her music and visuals to the next level with Bad Liar. Whew, Selegend :clap3:My fave

On 29.12.2017 at 11:58 PM, bestfiction said:

zd5Lv52.png

I'm looking for someone who speaks my language, someone to write this rhyme with me

Witness

Katy Perry

Katy_Perry_-_Witness_(Official_Album_Cov

Okay, first of all I would like to point out that WITNESS IS NOT A BAD ABLUM!!! :fish2: Here's the thing: when it comes to music and production, it's a great and interesting pop record, not common for someone like Katy. Of course its lyrics are messy af but thanks to language gap I don't really cringe at them. Also the title track is easily her best song ever. Moreover, Katy served her best videos this era (except for SS, obviously). The main problem of Witness is that it was indroduced to us as "purposeful pop" yet we've got Bon Appetit (still a great song) and Swish Swish while the meaningful songs that could've represent Katy as a matured person (Witness, Miss You More, Tsunami) were ignored. All in all, I would say that Witness is a great pop album that was ruined by its bad lyrics and poor handle.

Highlights: Witness, Roulette, Bon Apettit, Tsunami

And when it hurts like crazy, you will appreciate me

Double Dutchess

Fergie

Fergie-Double-Dutchess.jpg

f884ace917a70b9ac5594b7b19d21d81.gif

New York and Bad Liar :clap3: 

Enchante is the best song on DD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.