bestfiction's BEST OF 2017 | Today: TOP-10 VIDEOS

bestfiction

KbGnZaz.png

Well, hi :flower: Since it's the first time I'm doing this thing, I am very excited. I'm intending to do for now:

Top-15 Best Albums

Top-30 Best Songs (probably will go with Top-20 + BB Under)

Top-10 Best Music videos

Biggest Surprises of the year

The albums/singers I didn't have hopes for but ended up liking

Biggest Dissapointments of the year

Vise versa ;) 

Biggest "Sleep Ons"

Stunning music that wasn't released this year but was found by me only in 2017

Top-5 Worst Songs 

Hope you will like it! Also sry for that ugly ass banner, I'm ki-kinda busy these days.

Edited by bestfiction

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bestfiction

• TheWayWeWere

• Unoriginal

• JoAddams

aiDf8DV.png

1.       Lorde – Supercut

2.       HAIM – You Never Knew

3.       Selena Gomez – Fetish

4.       Dua Lipa – New Rules

5.       HAIM – Walking Away

6.       Taylor Swift -  Look What You Made Me Do

7.       Lorde – Homemade Dynamite

8.       Lana Del Rey – Get Free

9.       Katy Perry – Bon Appetit

10.   Olga Buzova – Мало Половин

11.   Paloma Faith – Crybaby

12.   Tove Lo – Disco ****

13.   Selena Gomez – Bad Liar

14.   Calvin Harris – Rollin

15.   Fergie – Enchante (Carine)

16.   St. Vincent – New York

17.   Namie Amuro – In Two

18.   Carly – Cut to The Feeling

19.   Kesha – Woman

20.   Paramore – Rose-Colored Boy

21.   Kelela – LMK

22.   SZA – Supermodel

23.   Zara – So Good

24.   Arcade Fire – Creature Comfort

25.   Natasha Bedingfield – Let Go

26.   Demi Lovato – Ruin The Frienship

27.   Nelly Furtado – Flatline

28.   Julia Michaels – Issues

29.   Imagine Dragons – Thunder

30.   Mary J. Blige – Indestructible

Honorable mention: Kero Kero Bonito - Forever Summer Holiday

zd5Lv52.png

1.       HAIM – Something To Tell You

2.       Lorde - Melodrama

3.       Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

4.       Taylor Swift - Reputation

5.      Olga Buzova Под звуки поцелуев

6.      Tove Lo -  Blue Lips

7.      Lana Del Rey - Lust for life

8.      Paloma Faith - The Architect

9.      Fergie - Double Dutchess

10.  Katy Perry - Witness

11.  Nelly Furtado - The Ride

12.  St. Vincent - Masseduction

13.  Kesha - Rainbow

14.  Paramore - After Laughter

15.   Arcade Fire - Everything Now

Honorable mention: Kelela - Take Me Apart

Edited by bestfiction

32 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Can't wait to see your favorite zomps of the year.

xwMRTl1.gif

Queen Olga is gonna come thru

xwMRTl1.gif

Edited by bestfiction

yassssss! :duca: excited to see top 15 albums, STTY DESERVES TO BE THAT #1  :fish2:

Edited by joniwasright

48 minutes ago, Kathlen♡ said:

Perched  :heart2:

oh wow, my fellow Selegend stan is here for me :jonny: wig

Edited by bestfiction

Okay guys so I've decided to list 2 songs from "Best songs" list, 1 album from "Best album" list and ocassionaly some positions from other categories with each day, so today I'm gonna reveal #30-#29 from the songs list and #15 album :flower:

aiDf8DV.png

"You gotta love like you never been hurt to find a love that you deserve"

Indestuctible

Mary J. Blige

When I started to dig in my library, I've found the sweet and soulful album by Ms Blige and I've decided that this song deserves to be on my list despite being sort of overlooked. It's not like I've been playing this song that much but I love the message Mary delivered, it very relatable. Moreover, she served classic contemporary R&B we all needed in our lives. Still, it's just #30 because I did not really listened to the song that much.

# 29

"Now I'm smiling from the stage while you were clapping in the nose bleeds"

Thunder

Imagine Dragons

Well, probably the most panned indie rock/alternative/whatever band surprisingly delivered this pop perfection. I like how simple, steady and not agressive Thunder is. I personally didn't like any of their songs before and I find Believer and Radioactive quite overrated and blatant. However, I'm glad that Thunder ended up smashing.

zd5Lv52.png

"She told me she came so close; filled up the bathtub and put on our first record"

Everything Now

Arcade Fire

everything-now.jpg?quality=80&w=807

Okay, so… Everything Now. It’s quite a contradictional album to me because it was panned by critics and trashed by fans yet I haven’t heard a single song from them until then. At the first listen, I found many of the songs enjoyable; however, after a while I’ve started thinking that a half of the album sounded as if the songs were made painfully bad on purpose. One may ask, why do I even put this album if it’s so bad? Well, firstly, Everything Now has many great and interesting moments, such as the title track and Put You Money on Me, which sound like ABBA tributes; Infinite Content which transcends from one of those aforecited trash rock songs to some sort of elevator music, I find it quite funny; Eclectic Blue and Creature Comfort are another highlights. To sum up, I would say that I’m putting Everything Now mostly because Arcade Fire drew my attention towards them and I can’t wait to discover their music.

Best songs: Everything Now, Creature Comfort, Electic Blue

:gaycat1:

oh my :jonny: I didn't know you like MJB :jonny: Strenght of a Woman was FLAWLESS RECORD.  And Indestructible is one of my faves :jonny:
Thunder was cute. For 1st listen :fan:

I like previous Arcade Fire album more, Everything Now did nothing for tbh, title track slays tho

Edited by TheWayWeWere

42 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

oh my :jonny: I didn't know you like MJB :jonny: Strenght of a Woman was FLAWLESS RECORD.  And Indestructible is one of my faves :jonny:

I should dig into her discography more tbh. Any recommendations?

43 minutes ago, TheWayWeWere said:

I like previous Arcade Fire album more, Everything Now did nothing for tbh, title track slays tho

I've listenened to Reflektor but I need to revisit it so I could compare

1 hour ago, bestfiction said:

Any recommendations?

:duca:

from 00s - The Breakthrough

from 90s - Share My World and My Life

If you like that you should listen more deep cuts like Mary (1999)

aiDf8DV.png

"Yeah, I got issues and one of them is how bad I need you"

Issues

Julia Michaels

It’s kinda nice that Julia has stepped out of the shadow and started to exploit the trends that were low-key set by herself since she was a co-writer of quite a bunch of hit songs in a recent years (Hands To Myself, Sorry, Used To Love You are the most memorable ones, I guess).  It feels very personal and diaristic.

"Come on, resuscitate me why don't you come and save me?"

Flatline

Nelly Furtado

I would personally prefer to put “Pipe Dreams” here but it’s a 2016 song so I’ve decided to go with Flatline. It’s one of the biggest standouts on Nelly’s album and its chorus is full of energy. The bubbling sounds in in are quite unnecessary though.

zd5Lv52.png

Hard times, gonna take you down and laugh when you cry

After Laughter

Paramore

paramore-after-laughter-album-artwork.jpg?quality=80

After Laughter is the first (and probably the last lol) Paramore album that I’ve listened in full. Of course I knew some of their songs but I’ve never really payed attention to them. However, this album is pretty enjoyable despite the fact that many of the songs are so emo lyric-wise. They need to be relatable to the youth so I understand it, they know who their audience are and that’s great. Another thing I want to mention is that After Laughter sounds as if Paramore stole CHVRCHES demos and put some drums and guitars in them but I loved CHVRCHES latest album so I’m taking it.

Standouts: Rose-Colored Boy, Fake Happy, Idle Worship

bestfiction's top-5 dissapointments of the year

not gonna do a graphic for this lol

#1 Angel

Charli XCX

Charli_XCX_-_Number_1_Angel.png

I loved Charlotte's music back then. Sucker is my favorite album by her tbh and Doing It is her best song. However, after all these delays and random quick lil singles™ everything about Charli feels underwhelming. I'm not a big fan of throwaway songs that go nowhere but I'm not talking about this. #1 Angel is a mixtape and not an ablum but it's so lackluster and... um... dull? It's not like the songs are painfully bad but they just don't stand out and I've never had a desire to come back to it even for a cupcakKe collab. Despite Pop 2 sort of redeemed Charli, I'm still putting her on this list because I belive that she needs to put herself together and release a full-length studio album.

omg, TASTE :jonny:

Issues was such a good surprise this year, love this so much, but it became annoying for me after ton of promo :skull:

Flatline :clap3: one of my favorites from The Ride, which was amazing :jonny:

tbh I didn't expect anything from AL since their music direction change, but they did it pretty great, one of my fav albums this year :clap3: nice picks tho :-*

N1A :jonny: Charli made so many good music this year, this mixtape is EVERYTHING :jonny:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.