Is Mariah Carey a GLOBAL legend?

Snowflake

Well?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• She is a GLOBAL legend, influencing vocalists around the world
    • She is a LOCAL legend

We all know Mariah is an undisputed legend in the US. However, i see some stans saying that she is local/not a legend in their country. What's the tea? :alexz2:

She's definitely a legend here in Canada and she's the biggest non asian female artist in Japan. She's also huge in Latin America as well. Us Canadians adore both Mariah and Celine. We like artists with great vocals.I heard I don't on the radio the other day and felt like a mother watching her granddaughter graduate with a PHd.

Edited by Boricua64
Alejandrawrrr
1 minute ago, Triton said:

But did she go Diamond in Poland? 

giphy.gif

You know they're really going to make a serious argument to this effect soon :rip:

beatinglikeadrum

She is. Nobody introduces her vocalist Mariah Carey. Ppl know who she is, diva, amazing mind blowing singer and hit maker.

6 minutes ago, beatinglikeadrum said:

She is. Nobody introduces her vocalist Mariah Carey. Ppl know who she is, diva, amazing mind blowing singer and hit maker.

and songwriter <3 

Girl, she takes one step in China and she has a platinum selling single there. She's massive globally :alexz2:

Although I'd probably say her biggest markets are US and Asia

She's had world wide success and renown well into the late 2000's/early 2010's.

Definitely one of the more recognizable pop stars of the world, but she fading from the public eye. Not a bad thing, it happens to everyone once you stop making enormous sales and headlines all around the world.

Still, she's well respected and made girls like Ariana happen :clap3:

Edited by Kissing You
1 minute ago, TeemoR said:

Well since her only global song is AIWFCIY then no

Without You and Hero is the reason she started being global. :toofunny2: Not to mention Daydream made her even more global :toofunny2:

Edited by Antimony

Yeah she is. And she is one of the most influential vocalists of our time.

But as much I love her, I'll admit that she's not huge in the UK. (Outside of her fanbase, and compared to the US) Everyone knows who she is, but her signature hits are kinda just AIWFCIY and Hero. There's always the same jokes here every Christmas that she "comes out of hiding" so idk :deadbanana:

Edited by Yayo

Obviously. She's universally known as one of the best female vocalists of all time.

RlWNq8J.thumb.png.7e3275f8065354ee46311d

I like Mariah but isn't she very local in the 2000s? Her performance in other countries is comparable to like Selena or Britney in those countries. I wasn't really around in the 90s so I cannot fully judge. Her legacy is visible everywhere but by far most recognized in the states I'd say.

Also, none of the new generation likes her. Everyone thinks she's talentless.

Alejandrawrrr
13 minutes ago, Floraholique said:

Girl, she takes one step in China and she has a platinum selling single there. She's massive globally :alexz2:

Although I'd probably say her biggest markets are US and Asia

This is what ATRL doesn't understand. They think being "global" means you have to have an evenly distributed ratio of sales between US & Europe (the globe), and anything else is "local" and "not known in my country". If you have a Diamond album (Mimi has 2) which sell 12M US/8M outside of US, you're global period. AIWFCIY charts annually pretty much everywhere that has a chart, even in places like Western Europe which IIRC aren't even as religious as say, here in the US.