? uvie’s BEST OF 2017 | NOW: Top 10 Songs!

ultraviolence.xx

11 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

:ahh: screaming. Blue lips is too low for me but cute update :gaycat4:

:-* 

6 minutes ago, madonnas said:

I wish popalbums went back to like 8-10 tracks instead of ungodly amounts like... 18 :biblio:

Like Dua's could have been a good album! 

ok TEA!

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Unoriginal

• theblackestday

• Pink Matter

lXB31fO.png

30. KESHA - 'RAINBOW'

200x200-000000-80-0-0.jpg

i am *so* happy kesha is still making music. "praying" made me cry the first time i heard it, and it's part of a great collection of songs from selt-empowerment anthem "let 'em talk" to female-empowerment anthem "woman" to twangy, role-reversed cheater anthem "hunt you down." i love this record (but i can't, for the life of me, get into "boogie feet").

favorites: praying, let 'em talk, woman, hunt you down, spaceship — unfavorites: boogie feet

29. THE WAR ON DRUGS - 'A DEEPER UNDERSTANDING'

the-war-on-drugs-a-deeper-understanding.

i haven't spent nearly enough time with this album, which is why it's relatively low on my chart, but every time i turn it on, i wish i had listened to it more. even the nearly-twelve-minute "thinking of a place" is entirely justified (and—side note—it sounds like the xx's "seasons run"). i love "strangest thing" (which sounds like bear's den's "red earth & pouring rain").

favorites: strangest thing, pain — unfavorites: none

28. FLEET FOXES - 'CRACK-UP'

fleetfoxescrackup_dc.jpg

similar to TWOD, i have neglected this album, which i feel terrible about. but "if you need to, keep time on me" and "third of may" are excellent. the rest is, too, i just don't have anything to say about them yet.

favorites: if you need to, keep time on me; third of may / odaigahara — unfavorites: none

27. KELLY CLARKSON - 'MEANING OF LIFE'

200x200-000000-80-0-0.jpg

kelly clarkson has finally made an album on which she sounds like she means every word. she seems happier, lately, talking about moving on to a new record label and embracing her size, and this album is full of that positivity: the sparkly "love so soft"; the politically-empowered "go high"; the snappy comeback for a former lover, "medicine." this soul-pop area suits her voice well: she's able to showcase her range in ways she never has before, and display vulnerability with emotive power; "move you" is an affecting song about wanting to make a lover feel what she feels. that being said, there are a few duds, like "don't you pretend," which feels empty, and "whole lotta woman," a bit too kitschy for my taste.

favorites: love so soft, heat, medicine, would you call that love, move you, go high — unfavorites: whole lotta woman, don't you pretend, a minute

26. BEACH HOUSE - 'B-SIDES AND RARITIES'

XWAR120585F44__127007__06292017022624-83

beach house is f***ing amazing. that being said, this collection includes a lot of b-sides and very few rarities: if you're a beach house fan, odds are you've heard all of these songs before. (i had made a b-sides collection of my own that included all of the older songs.) the included rarities are great: "chariot," which somehow didn't make depression cherry but is better than at least 7 of the songs on that album, sounds like driving at night with the windows down. i might like the excellent cough syrup remix of "10 mile stereo" better than the original, tbh.

favorites: chariot, 10 mile stereo remix, saturn song — unfavorites: none

29 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

only listened to rainbow :gaycat1:

:gaycat3:  

whew this thread serving bon appétit 

• ATRL Moderator

pressed @ Meaning of Life being above Crack-Up and A Deeper Understanding but it is what it is :cm:

the first three albums of the update are all fantastic and I still haven't gotten round to BH's B-Sides :eli: 

Wow at Beach House making it with a B-sides and Rarities album :alexz: Who else but talent?

"chariot," which somehow didn't make depression cherry but is better than at least 7 of the songs on that album

The REACH. It's only better than Levitation

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, theblackestday said:

okay now i know you didn't just shade one of DC's best songs

2 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

pressed @ Meaning of Life being above Crack-Up and A Deeper Understanding but it is what it is :cm:

the first three albums of the update are all fantastic and I still haven't gotten round to BH's B-Sides :eli: 

i mean you know they’re better than MoL of course but i don’t know em well enough yet :cm:

youd best B gettin to it :eli: 

6 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

@theblackestday pretend to care about my update

I didn't see it ugh :jonny:

1 minute ago, Unoriginal said:

okay now i know you didn't just shade one of DC's best songs

It's their worst song, always has been :cm:

2 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

Wow at Beach House making it with a B-sides and Rarities album :alexz: Who else but talent?

uhmmmmmmm levitation is a hilite :eek: 

Just now, theblackestday said:

I didn't see it ugh :jonny:

it happens. i was more shading myself for being boring :gaycat4: 

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, theblackestday said:

it's times like these I wished I had the giant biblio to hand 

:biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio::biblio:

2 minutes ago, theblackestday said:

keep saying it, maybe you’ll convince hope!

Kelly Clarkson above WOD and Fleet Foxes is a bit questionable but at least the latter two appeared here :clap3: 

I've only listened to Chariot this year from BH so can't comment much else on that. 

Just now, Unoriginal said:

omg mess the biblios

do you not remember me trying iT yesterday :ahh: 

Just now, Tom Vercetti said:

Kelly Clarkson above WOD and Fleet Foxes is a bit questionable but at least the former two appeared here :clap3:

i’ve only listened to TWOD/FF a few times so i didn’t feel justified in putting them higher (tho obviously they deserve it :gaycat2: )

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

do you not remember me trying iT yesterday :ahh: 

yes but i'm a mess and a poor excuse of a member sooo

2 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

yes but i'm a mess and a poor excuse of a member sooo

did you lie?

yes

3 hours ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

favorites: praying, let 'em talk, woman, hunt you down, spaceship — unfavorites: boogie feet

OMG drag Boogie Feet. I didn't like either of the EoDM tracks, though. f They're both my two least favorites on the album. Everything else is quality. :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

did you lie?

no

yes

i see that no hidden in there :fan: 

Just now, Hug said:

OMG drag Boogie Feet. I didn't like either of the EoDM tracks, though. f They're both my two least favorites on the album. Everything else is quality. :clap3: 

boogie feet is just... no. i do like LET a lot though! what don’t you like about it it? 

1 minute ago, Unoriginal said:

i see that no hidden in there :fan: 

tumblr_inline_ob5729Hw6Q1thqd69_500.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.