? uvie’s BEST OF 2017 | NOW: Top 10 Songs!

ultraviolence.xx

3 hours ago, rvx said:

OK

None of those albums are particularly bad in any way, especially Sam Smith's new album.

whew it appears we disagree

8ea1gux.gif

2 hours ago, TRF. said:

good to see Bleachers, Arcade Fire, The Chainsmokers and P!nk here :fan:

:fan: 

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Unoriginal

• theblackestday

• Pink Matter

Glad you're doing a best of! Can't really comment too much on your disappointment list since I didn't bother to listen to the majority of those albums kii. I did like Harry's album though and I didn't think the Arcade Fire album was as bad as everyone made it to be. It certainly didn't merit more than one listen though.

giphy.gif

All of your disappointments are trash albums so great list so far :gaycat3:

1 hour ago, Pink Matter said:

Glad you're doing a best of! Can't really comment too much on your disappointment list since I didn't bother to listen to the majority of those albums kii. I did like Harry's album though and I didn't think the Arcade Fire album was as bad as everyone made it to be. It certainly didn't merit more than one listen though.

35 minutes ago, Vxspertine said:

giphy.gif

All of your disappointments are trash albums so great list so far :gaycat3:

WHEW i am glad to see both of you here!!!

PM, it just baffles me to go from something like Reflektor to... :doc: this. and i mean, funeral!! like i just think they can do so much better. 

15 minutes ago, ultraviolence.xx said:

WHEW i am glad to see both of you here!!!

PM, it just baffles me to go from something like Reflektor to... :doc: this. and i mean, funeral!! like i just think they can do so much better. 

I personally have only listened to Reflektor (which was solid) but I agree that it was certainly a downgrade. Some of the production is cute at times but lyrically :duck: 

hopeless fountain kingdom for disappointing :shakeno: it's flawless and Angel On Fire is v underrated :'(

Beautiful Trauma and Younger Now weren't v good so they deserved to make the game :fan:

Spoiler

8 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

I personally have only listened to Reflektor (which was solid) but I agree that it was certainly a downgrade. Some of the production is cute at times but lyrically :duck: 

i have a feeling you're going to listen to their older albums and be shocked they could make something like EN  :fan:

8 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

hopeless fountain kingdom for disappointing :shakeno: it's flawless and Angel On Fire is v underrated :'(

Beautiful Trauma and Younger Now weren't v good so they deserved to make the game :fan:

idk how you can call it flawless when that weird child is talking about milk and honey but you do you sis :shakeno: angel on fire i do like that song i lowkey forgot about it :fan:  

7 hours ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

how could HFK be disappointing after Badlands when she went from a 0 to an 8 :'(

Harry :'(

screaming. badlands had some cute songs tho like coming down and ... coming down!

29 minutes ago, Glassmouth said:

all the disappointments are on point :clap3:

thx booboo :heart2: 

Edited by ultraviolence.xx

UtAJCGS.png

• camila cabello: "same old love (trend-hopping latin remix) [feat. young thug]"

i could swear i already heard this song in 2016. i guess they rented a rapper and rush-released to radio? weird.

• lana del rey: "coachella - woodstock in my mind"

i know my fellow lana stans will be surprised that i detest this song ( :fan: ), but it's really truly her worst studio recording to date, including all her weird-ass old demos recorded on rocks. not even the cool vocals in the outro can save it from being a 0. she wants to display a globalist sensibility, a concern for something outside herself, but all she's doing is further reinforcing her own vapidity. poor little white girl sitting at a music festival, wondering for three seconds about "these children (and all their children's children)." and why is she even wondering that today? so Deep.

• the chainsmokers: "paris"

the chainsmokers released a series of emotionally-articulate (or -manipulative, depending on how you look at it) singles—"roses," "don't let me down," "closer," and, to a lesser extent, "something just like this"—that each tapped into something raw and real. then they dropped this hunk of steaming garbage. it sounds like a parody of a chainsmokers song that youtube guy would write.

• katy perry: "into me you see"

a lot of witness was rough lyrically, but nothing else on witness is both lyrically rough and melodically uninteresting and over five minutes long. christ almighty, i would love to meet katy and ask her what the hell she was thinking with "open sesame" being one of the central lyrics of the chorus.

• harry styles: "only angel"

the first fifty-three seconds of this song were setting up something very special, something emotionally poignant, something that would have been the best song on his album. then he let out some primal shriek and turned it all to ****.

• jack antonoff: all the production on melodrama

one thing i learned about myself this year: i am definitely #TeamJoelLittle. antonoff tried to tap into lorde's and little's icy-cool atmosphere with his work on melodrama, but at its worst it ended up sounding like parody. (example: the drums that open "perfect places" sounding exactly like a "royals"-2.0 beat.) lorde's impeccable lyrics deserved better than that god-awful beat that tears into "sober"s bridge. i must give him credit, though, for "hard feelings." that song is antonoff at his best: those weirdly-appealing metal screeches in the bridge, the '80s-reminiscent synths, the breath samplings that permeate the song.

• miley cyrus: "malibu"

i was ready for miley's triumphant return to music, and then she dropped this lyrically-basic plod of a song that confusingly goes double-time in its chorus. i was waiting for somebody to come out and do the jig in the music video.

• st. vincent: "pills"

masseducation, i think, is a great album. this song, however, features one of the most obnoxiously irritating choruses i've ever heard—it gets stuck in my head, not in the "damn, that's catchy" way, but in the "damn, i want to commit suicide" way. a big fat SKIP.

• taylor swift: "king of my heart"

reputation is a pretty solid album. "king of my heart" says nothing that has not been said on a different song. "call it what you want" does a better job of detailing a new relationship. "delicate" features a better use of vocoder. it doesn't even say it interestingly. this song could be erased from existence and i would be just fine.

Edited by ultraviolence.xx

Havana, IMYS & Malibu are disappointments? :biblio:

You're kinda right about IMYS's lyrics though :skull:

I cackled @ the Coachella description but I really think the hate is unwarranted.

It's basic sure, but outright bad?

And I don't really even like LFL that much.

9 minutes ago, Kim Kardashian said:

Havana, IMYS & Malibu are disappointments? :biblio:

You're kinda right about IMYS's lyrics though :skull:

I cackled @ the Coachella description but I really think the hate is unwarranted.

It's basic sure, but outright bad?

And I don't really even like LFL that much.

yes, ms. kardashian-west, i'm sorry to report that those songs disappointed me. :doc: 

about coachella—yeah, i think it's bad. it's a white girl worrying emptily for 3 seconds about the misfortunate. like, we get it, you have money, you don't have to worry about this ****. she's not actually gonna do anything. she says "[i hope my] words turn to birds and birds will send my thoughts your way." bitch, your thoughts aren't going to do ****! send money! go help! do something! what gets me the most is she's not even sending the thoughts, not even doing something active—she's hoping they turn their asses into birds and send themselves. smh.

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

yes, ms. kardashian-west, i'm sorry to report that those songs disappointed me. :doc: 

about coachella—yeah, i think it's bad. it's a white girl worrying emptily for 3 seconds about the misfortunate. like, we get it, you have money, you don't have to worry about this ****. she's not actually gonna do anything. she says "[i hope my] words turn to birds and birds will send my thoughts your way." bitch, your thoughts aren't going to do ****! send money! go help! do something! what gets me the most is she's not even sending the thoughts, not even doing something active—she's hoping they turn their asses into birds and send themselves. smh.

The lyrics are cringeworthy and tone deaf for sure, but sonically it's quite nice.

I guess even though it's not bad to me, I could still consider it a disappointment because it really had much more potential.

Just now, Kim Kardashian said:

The lyrics are cringeworthy and tone deaf for sure, but sonically it's quite nice.

I guess even though it's not bad to me, I could still consider it a disappointment because it really had much more potential.

i'd agree with you that it's sonically nice, but i'm ATRL's resident OCH—i can't go back on my word now. :fan:  

• ATRL Moderator

not you doing disappointing songs too. a whole list of disappointments. But KOMH is trash, so 200.gif

1 minute ago, feelslikeadream said:

not you doing disappointing songs too. a whole list of disappointments. But KOMH is trash, so 200.gif

what can i say, i love dragging! (i should be a PH judge!) 

Just now, Vxspertine said:

Malibu and Pills as disappointments? :biblio:

i know it's weird everyone loves Pills! something about that chorus tho, i just can't stomach it :doc: and malibu was probably the least-bad of my disappointments, but still a disappointment :cm:  

Just now, ultraviolence.xx said:

i know it's weird everyone loves Pills! something about that chorus tho, i just can't stomach it :doc: and malibu was probably the least-bad of my disappointments, but still a disappointment :cm:  

Pills is actually one of my favorites on asseduction, it's so infectious :katie2: I honestly liked Malibu way more than I should have but I thought it was really heartwarming :'(

Just now, Vxspertine said:

Pills is actually one of my favorites on asseduction, it's so infectious :katie2: I honestly liked Malibu way more than I should have but I thought it was really heartwarming :'(

i love the verses of Pills tbh. maybe somebody can make me an edit without the chorus  :keir:

and i guess i just didn't fall for Malibu :'( i DO love the video though! beautiful!

just finished sorting my top albums. WHEW that took forever. songs is going to take REALLY forever. :biblio:  

10 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Uj4XnaZ.gif

everyone's mad at me for saying Malibu but it's like... not great idgi

Uj4XnaZ.gif 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.