It's Raining Diarrhoea: Best of 2017 - Finished x

Diarrhoea

45 - Bhad Bhabie - Hi Bich

hm...

+3 for DNA, Tsunami & Masseduction.

Kinda overrated and probably his worst album since Section.80 (is that an album?)

Yes it's his first album. A serviceable album batch nonetheless. 

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• madonnas

• Unoriginal

• artangels

Less on the Twice ladies now, their b-sides are obvs not great (but even then they're still improving a lot, Signal was serviceable) but it's not like anyone in kpop cares and their title tracks run is amazing apart from TT. That said, Knock Knock is their best song, it's also 47 places too low here but I'll take it!

Disco T!ts, Masseduction and DNA were also amazing and I thought Kendrick's album was v overrated too but one day it totally clicked. Still weaker than GKMC/TPAB though, that's for sure.

• ATRL Moderator

I CANNOT BELIEVE SO MANY PEOPLE THINK HI BICH IS BETTER THAN THESE HEAUXS

DNA :flame: 

Tsunami and Masseduction :clap3: 

Planetarium, Crawl Space and Future Politics are kute! Damn :flame: 

Hi Bich is actually a MAJOR bop

White wrists,white porsche,white horse:katie2:

DAMN.  :alexz:  

Run The Jewels + DNA. :clap3: 

10 hours ago, madonnas said:

I CANNOT BELIEVE SO MANY PEOPLE THINK HI BICH IS BETTER THAN THESE HEAUXS

Hint: I don’t x

Disco 9ATfwbd.gifwas cute :-*

Now or Never is amazing ,should've been higher :biblio:

ew not SS :biblio: at least Tsunami making it :clap3:

Hi Bich :deadbanana4:

both Lipgloss and Daddy Issues are sooo good :jonny: I hope Demi makes it as 3rd single latter :jonny:

21 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

The fact that Cardi B was the first female rapper in ages to go #1 before this talented young lady is a tragedy

Both are trash anyway :cm: 

rgOMkwS.gif 

23 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

The fact that Cardi B was the first female rapper in ages to go #1 before this talented young lady is a tragedy

well..

the rest of the update :clap3: 

• ATRL Moderator
On 12/16/2017 at 2:16 PM, Diarrhoea said:

23 - Tei Shi - Crawl Space

I didn't get this the first few times. Songs like Say You Do provide the immediate thrills but when you spend your time with it you find it a lot more appealing and accessible than if you just give up

yay loved this :clap3: it's a grower for me too

Singles

40 - Zola Jesus - Siphon

I feel like the string-laden suicide songs are generally better than the beat-laden suicide songs on this album, but this one is really deep and poignant

39 - Shawn Mendes - There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back

It's got a definite groove to it, a lot better than most of his sings. Also the video is pretty cute and adds to the song

38 - Kiesza - Dearly Beloved

Where did she go? This is easily her best song and no one cared and she just deadass vanished

37 - Louisa Johnson - Best Behaviour

Will her album never be released? No and it's all So Good's fault, but this song thoroughly redeemed her/The X Factor 2015 imo

36 - Katy Perry - Bon Appétit

I despised this but the video made me love it, one of her best songs overall imo. Queen of ending sex trafficking

35 - Harry Styles - Kiwi

Again, this is basically just him trying to copy people better than him but at least he sounds like he's having fun

34 - Emeli Sandé - Starlight

Her career is basically over in a way that this basic bop had no way of stopping, but it deserved to anyway. Generic EDM banger done right

33 - Amber Coffman - Nobody Knows

Whenever I'm down I listen to stereotypical 'nobody understands me' music and laugh at myself, and this is basically THE 'nobody understands me' anthem that I never though she'd so. Imagine Evanescence but chill and self-aware

32 - Astrid S - Bloodstream

This is wayyyy more complex than I expected from her. Her least generic song in a while, it's like a good Girls Aloud song with worse enunciation

31 - Austra - Future Politics

Throwback to when it looked like they'd fixed their production and were about to release a legendary album

Album Tracks

40 - Vince Staples - Yeah Right

Perhaps not as good as a Vince/Kendrick/SOPHIE song should be, but find me someone who did something like this anywhere near as well

39 - Red Velvet - Perfect 10

Finally we have ocular proof that the Velvet concept isn't entirely useless

38 - Why Don't We - Boomerang

Their lyrics are a lot better than usual here, and it suits the cheesy production well

37 - Kelela - Take Me Apart

An inventive way of asking to get dicked down, this song builds up well and the s***ty Area breakdown doesn't ruin it somehow

36 - Red Velvet - Zoo

This is completely overproduced, but it wouldn't work without the ridiculous elephant sounds being the main hook

35 - Jessie Ware - Finish What We Started

At first I thought this was a parody of an 80s prom song but it's easy to get swept along in them guitar lines

34 - CupcakKe - 33rd

I feel like despite the Charli songs, her career's lost steam a bit recently, but this plagiarised banger did a great job at making her shtick more palatable for the sex-averse GP

33 - Rina Sawayama - Take Me As I Am

The production is really great, her voice is a bit nasal but it's the 2000s throwback (no Meghan Trainor, no ratings) that this year has missed

32 - Lorde - Liability

I hated this, loved it, and now it's k. Probably one of the more lyrically-effective songs this era, it's no A World Alone but it'll do

31 - Lana Del Rey - Best American Record

I screamed @ Lust For Life not having a single song as good as this. Brooklyn Baby found DEAD

Albums

20 - Hundredth - RARE

Very samey throughout but the bangers on it (noticeable Youth, also Chandelier and Suffer) more than make up for it. Hardcore to melodic shoegaze seems a popular career move nowadays but they did it amazingly

19 - Kelela - Take Me Apart

Honestly I was a bit disappointed? All of the bops were released before the album so the album was completely different from what I expected and also Arca needs to get a job bc this year has not been it for him. The non-Arca songs aren't all great either, this is just here bc I liked enough songs that excluding it felt weird

18 - Run The Jewels - Run The Jewels 3

The production is a lot better than their last albums but the rapping's a bit worse, the singles are a lot worse than the album tracks

17 - Taylor Swift - reputation

It sounded dated on arrival but it grew on me? Her commitment to the whole 'I'm a victim!' narrative is honestly heartening, she has a sense of humour, can write brilliant torch songs (like CIWYW) about the most trivial things, and I Did Something Bad proved that she can absolutely keep up with trends. Not a classic but for the trend-hopping clusterf*** that it is, it could have been a lot worse

16 - St. Vincent - MASSEDUCTION

I overplayed this very quickly but most of the songs stand up to individual scrutiny, it's not Strange Mercy but she'll never reach that level of greatness so :cm:

• ATRL Moderator

Bon Appetit is lowkey okay

Kiwi was weird but good

Only liked the acoustic version of Starlight :-*

Take Me Apart, Finish What We Started, Take Me As I Am, Liability and Best American Record (so most of the album tracks update) is pretty good:jamming:

TMA, rep and MASS :clap3: 

Edited by Unoriginal

Disco **** and Now Or Never :alexz: should have been higher tho :cm:

I like all the album track from #50-46, especially Daddy Issues and Better :katie2:

Hi Bich :jonny4: I thought it would be like top 20 tho x

Tsunami and MASS :clap3: Bloodstream and Bon Appetit :heart2:

Stop stanning for Why Don't We :oh: Take Me Apart x2, Take Me As I Am, Reputation and MASS :smitten:

Lots of good sings here. Yeah Right, 33rd, God Appetit, Best American Record. :eli: 

Edited by Eeveelution

Nobody Knows and Future Politics are cute!

Boner-bon appetit babay :katie2: 

Take Me Apart and MASSEDUCTION :alexz: 

Praise/drag reputation I guess? :skull: 

21 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

38 - Kiesza - Dearly Beloved

Where did she go? This is easily her best song and no one cared and she just deadass vanished

Talent lost this year :noparty: 

Dearly Beloved IS her best song tbh, can't believe how it flopped :jonny:

Bon Appetit :flame:

Starlight was actually not that bad, as atrl tolds me :fan: wish she promoted it at least

Take Me Apart, Finish, 33rd :smitten: BAR praise :jonny: still can't believe that bitch leave this masterpiece out of LFL

not Reputation above Take Me Apart :biblio:

Bon Appetit is honestly a bop. Siphon really hits in your gut, its awesome. Liability is a lyrical masterpiece tbh

Take Me Apart and Masseduction :clap3:

I'm here for and approve the Bon Appetit and Liability love. Both amazing tracks where both snapped. I cackled at your Bon Appetit little write-up quote thing haha. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.