• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Diarrhoea

• madonnas

• Unoriginal

• artangels

Singles

50 - Wakita Monari - Boyfriend

Her album was not the early-era Especia substitute I wanted, but this song kinda was

49 - Tove Lo - Disco T!ts

Lady Wood was s***ty and her whole aesthetic disgusts me but this bangs, love the vocalic effects

48 - TWICE - Knock Knock

A group of talentless rodents (have y'all heard their music? Gosh) but a great title track tbh

47 - Katy Perry - Swish Swish

I understand why this bombed (the lyrics and her in general) but great production and Nicki did THAT

46 - Halsey - Now or Never

I hated Needed Me and this was a ripoff but it grew on me, the less personality the better tbh

Album Tracks

50 - Allie X - Need You

A bit flatter than I initially remembered but a pretty good ballad for her, she has a lot more versatility than I thought tbh

49 - Charli XCX - Lipgloss

Hearing the absolute butchery of the radio edit when it premiered was the highlight of the year ngl. A charitable queen

48 - Harry Styles - Carolina

White men are trash but this is a better pastiche then the rest of the reductive songs on the album

47 - Demi Lovato - Daddy Issues

Not a very good song but 'you're unavailable/I'm available :wink:' and the therapy lines are RELATABLE

46 - VERITÉ - Better

The production is one of the better uses of post-EDM breakdowns thus far this year, and I like how it's not a break

Yeah Disco **** is a fun song. I also lowkey enjoy Swish Swish. I just tune out the lyrics and it becomes a vaguely melodic thing with a fun beat and a great Nicki verse.

53 - Zola Jesus - Witness
52 - Paramore - Tell Me How

51 - Kelela - Truth or Dare

Smh, these deserved way better. :shakeno:

Lipgloss is a catchy bop, but it aged pretty badly like most of N1A (still one of the better tracks tho)

Daddy Issues is not horrible but probably the worst song on TMYLM :clown:

And Swish Swish... she really ended Ms. Swift with that one didn't she?

Lady Wood was s***ty and her whole aesthetic disgusts me but this bangs, love the vocalic effects

+1

xt6VToq.gif

What's up with Disco Titties appearing today on everyone's lists :skull: Lipgloss is my fav from this update :cm:

Lipgloss deserved single treatement

Knock Knock is one of the best pop songs of all time

• ATRL Moderator
22 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

49 - Tove Lo - Disco T!ts

rude ki

AlexisNeiers

• ATRL Moderator

Lipgloss not top 10?

23 hours ago, Diarrhoea said:

47 - Demi Lovato - Daddy Issues

Not a very good song but 'you're unavailable/I'm available :wink:' and the therapy lines are RELATABLE

She made an awful album 

vuhexrt.gif 

Singles

45 - Bhad Bhabie - Hi Bich

The fact that Cardi B was the first female rapper in ages to go #1 before this talented young lady is a tragedy

44 - Blondie - Fragments

The singles before this were all really bad, I know it's a cover but it's so much better than I thought they could do

43 - Lil Yachty - Bring It Back

I get this was meant to be a troll song but it's actually great, just a bit long

42 - Kendrick Lamar - DNA.

This is a banger but I think it loses steam even during its short 3m length so it's lower than it otherwise would be

41 - MUNA - Crying on the Bathroom Floor

This is mainly here because I wasn't sure if I Know A Place is eligible or not

Album Tracks

45 - Run The Jewels - Call Tickeron

Great production and good rapping, stuck with me more than most of the other songs on the album

44 - Porcelain Black - Player Hater

I don't know why I listened to this in the first place but it was actually okay

43 - Katy Perry - Tsunami

I have terrible choreography in my head for this song which elevates it from mediocrity to a cute fun sex song

42 - St. Vincent - MASSEDUCTION

This sounds like the type of sample that M.I.A. would misuse nowadays, and she makes it work well for her. Robotic princess

41 - Wanna One - Never

It's genuinely really sad that this is better than all of their proper songs

Albums

25 - Sufjan Stevens - Planetarium

A really overly-long and overly-ambitious album has some genuinely nice moments. I basically never listen to it anymore but it lived up to the bootleg I've had around since 2012 or whenever he performed it live

24 - Austra - Future Politics

Not as good as I hoped for but the production was a big step up from Olympia and the themes were really poignant, especially considering the release date. Their new song 'Change The Paradigm' is really good too

23 - Tei Shi - Crawl Space

I didn't get this the first few times. Songs like Say You Do provide the immediate thrills but when you spend your time with it you find it a lot more appealing and accessible than if you just give up

22 - Kendrick Lamar - DAMN.

Kinda overrated and probably his worst album since Section.80 (is that an album?) but TPAB sometimes took itself too seriously and it was a refreshing change of pace for him to just focus on creating an album of bangers for once

21 - BROCKHAMPTON - Saturation II

Far too long, full of useless interludes, a lot of the songs are too similar and yet it really works well. They have this great energy about them and can create some great songs like JUNKY. I still think Kevin can do better things on his own (Yellow) but it's a good effort and they clearly loved making it

33 minutes ago, Diarrhoea said:

44 - Porcelain Black - Player Hater

I don't know why I listened to this in the first place

fjdihjgh :skull: mte
tea and masseduction and DNA. snatching

i agrih that damn. is a little bit overrated tho

Yes at DNA & MassEducation.

Disco Teats is THAT song! I like Better, but imo there are Better (get it) songs from that record. Lipgloss... meh.

• ATRL Moderator

nnnn let me tell you how I went into a thread the other day asking if Ready For It or Hi Bich was better and I broke a heel going in to vote for RFI... but then I listened to Hi Bich for the first time and ended up voting for that instead :gaycat5:

8 minutes ago, feelslikeadream said:

nnnn let me tell you how I went into a thread the other day asking if Ready For It or Hi Bich was better and I broke a heel going in to vote for RFI... but then I listened to Hi Bich for the first time and ended up voting for that instead :gaycat5:

That was my thread :cm:

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Diarrhoea said:

That was my thread :cm:

fffffff :lmao: Good job converting me then :cm:

Planetarium being overly ambitious kinda made me not want to revisit iT :cm: Ass Destruction is a nice choice for the track list :clap3:

i was so obsessed with masseduction when it was first released and probably overplayed it but it's still flawless. dna and call ticketron are both gr8 choices too. 

damn. is def overrated :emofish: but it's still great! future politics and saturation r good choices too! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.