• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dessy

• theblackestday

• Tsareena

• Zay

I'm ready for your BO's. :gaycat2:

We have some surprising similarities last year, hope it'll be the same this year. :clap3: 

The Prelude

Songs 66 to 61 are songs that fail to make my official top 60 list. And will serve as the opening of my Best of. 

66. Imagine Dragons - Whatever It Takes

Image result for whatever it takes cover

Whatever It Takes is the perfect culmination of how far Imagine Dragons came, mixing their older styles with a new sound. It works to great effect. The drawback for me is the way it’s “fast” at the start and then go to a medium tempo for the rest of the song. There’s nothing wrong with this method but the way it is done in this song doesn’t make it sounds that great. But it's a clear highlight of the album, especially for long time ID fans. 

---

65. Kelela - LMK

Image result for kelela LMK cover

This sensual song is definitely a step up from her previous material. Simply a fun song describing a rather not-so-serious relationship. 

64. Drake - Portland

Image result for portland

Time to move to Portland! But nah Drake delivered a good song but ultimately underwhelm, which isn’t much considering my past experiences of songs with Quavo features, but I did felt as Travis was underutilized here. 

63. Taylor Swift - Gorgeous

Image result for taylor swift gorgeous cover

I actually enjoyed this song more than the other two pre-album singles. However over time it kinda of grown badly on me. I love the style of the verses where Swift proclaim “You should take it as a compliment…” and proceed to shade whoever this song is directed at. Either way it’s not great but one of the highlights of Reputation regardless. 

LMK deserved to make the top 60 :shakeno: Gorgeous flopping :fan: Whatever It Takes is cute :jamming:

1 hour ago, Dessy Fenix said:

I actually enjoyed this song more than the other two pre-album singles. However over time it kinda of grown badly on me. I love the style of the verses where Swift proclaim “You should take it as a compliment…” and proceed to shade whoever this song is directed at. Either way it’s not great but one of the highlights of Reputation regardless. 

rooting for GODgeous! It's criminally underrated on ATRL, it might be kinda dumb lyric-wise but it's much more sweet and enjoyable than LOOK and RFI

62. Calvin Harris ft. Khalid & Future - Rollin

Image result for rollin cover

At first I thought “Is this Slide 2.0?” Obviously not but the similarity was enough to not really grasp my attention. It is like listening to Oops!... I Did It Again but thinking about and preferring ...Baby One More Time, ultimately. Khalid’s part is solid, this was the first time I actual heard him (and probably one of the few songs with him in it that I actually like). Future’s part does not do it for me at all but that’s to be expected. Solid effort by Calvin, Future and Khalid. 

---

61. Halsey ft. Lauren Jauregui - Strangers

Image result for strangers cover

My initial thought was why didn’t she use this song as the lead and had a female lover in the video. The “airy” intro and before the pre-chorus kinda reduces the impact of the song for me. However, saving grace come from the lyrics; the story that the song is trying to tell. It is no surprise that Halsey is great at this, but Lauren’s part basically cement this song as one of my faves. The Bridge is obviously the highlight of the song. In short, it’s a good song but not great enough to make my official list. 

Yay at the Rollin mention. I don't agree with what you said about it but at least you stan. I'm probably in the practically non-existent minority who slightly prefers it to Slide, but both are great.

Amazing moment in Anime

Dragon Ball Super - Ultra Instinct

Whatever It Takes and Strangers :clap3::clap3: 

26 minutes ago, Dessy Fenix said:

but Lauren’s part basically cement this song as one of my faves

Stan :alexz: 

Wdu1nQm.gif

LOVE what I see here.

Great write ups so far :clap3: Rollin, Strangers, Kelala are cute.

Gorgeous sounds good as an album track, but it is disappointing when you hear it on its own. :skull:

Rollin' is a pretty good track. :jamming:

Edited by lhdang2000

still lovin calvins cover :) 

Dessy sis, LMK deserves a much higher placement. :fish2:

Take Me Apart bettter be in your top 5̶ 10 albums. :flower:

7 minutes ago, Godele said:

Dessy sis, LMK deserves a much higher placement. :fish2:

Take Me Apart bettter be in your top 5̶ 10 albums. :flower:

Image result for larry eh gif

---

Thanks for all the comment everyone. I'll check y'all throughout the day and post an update tonight. 

13 minutes ago, Dessy Fenix said:

Image result for larry eh gif

---

Thanks for all the comment everyone. I'll check y'all throughout the day and post an update tonight. 

You better not disappoint me bitch...

giphy.gif 

Edited by Godele

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.