• Unoriginal

Rainbow is amazing :heart2: I loved Warrior tho :'(

Prism had a lot of bops, so much better than Whiteness :jamming:

• ATRL Moderator

oop i should check out legend kalomira's album :eli: 

2 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Rainbow is amazing :heart2: I loved Warrior tho :'(

Prism had a lot of bops, so much better than Whiteness :jamming:

True but I mean, we're comparing two masterpieces here. :)

58 minutes ago, Legend E said:

oop i should check out legend kalomira's album :eli: 

If you're here for 2008 style bops, then you totally should.

TOP 20 ALBUMS

15. Zara Larsson - So Good

267 track plays

Zara_Larsson_-_So_Good.png

Despite being a known OZH, I did buy her album when it came out, and unlike certain other releases from this year it was listenable. One track in particular heavily inflated the success of the album on my chart. This one's for you, @MississippiZara.

14. Medina - For altid

296 track plays

medina--for-altid.jpg

I've been stanning for the Danish Lady Gaga since 2010, but I only got to buy her albums earlier this year. For altid is her second work, and it contains the #1-peaking single Kl. 10, the original Do What U Want.

13. Alsou - Alsou (1999)

304 track plays

alsu.jpg

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. Recorded when Alsou was 15, and with a rather disturbing videography (she's often portrayed attracted to men three times older than her... oh dear), the sound is so smooth and relaxing in typical Russian pop style.

12. Francesco Gabbani - Magellano

426 track plays

covermagellano-web.jpg

One of the few Italian singers I actually enjoy. I was 100% sure he would win the Eurovision, but instead he only came 6th. Still, his album is a collection of witty, elaborate songs that get 100x better if you understand the words.

11. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now

443 track plays

Miley_Cyrus_-_Younger_Now_(Official_Albu

Considered one of the biggest flops of 2017, for me at least it didn't flop in quality. Miley served us a very original record that's supposed to show her true self. She did sound bitter because of the floppage, though.

So Good is... so good, indeed. 

The problem I have with it is the album is too long, too many fillers. I wish it could've been a 10 or 12-track album. 

Younger Now is disappointing to me. 

It's not that I don't like Elvis or the 70s vibe, it's about Miley not being able to replicate the sophisticated sound, which makes the album sounds rushed. 

1 hour ago, lhdang2000 said:

So Good is... so good, indeed. 

The problem I have with it is the album is too long, too many fillers. I wish it could've been a 10 or 12-track album. 

Younger Now is disappointing to me. 

It's not that I don't like Elvis or the 70s vibe, it's about Miley not being able to replicate the sophisticated sound, which makes the album sounds rushed. 

Yeah, So Good could've been 10 tracks, a lot of songs are not necessary. I don't think Miley wanted to replicate that sound... she wanted to do her thing, and even though some songs aren't that memorable the album works as a whole.

Edited by KillingYourCareer

Younger Now is GREAT...after the album came out I loved it even more...

Younger now is good ... Atrl just wants try hard bangerz miley back smh

Zara album should of been around 10 tracks then it would of been decent

13 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

I was 100% sure he would win the Eurovision, but instead he only came 6th

Still a kii :oh: 

what track inflates So Goods success?

8 hours ago, sumthintoxic82 said:

Younger Now is GREAT...after the album came out I loved it even more...

Finally someone who writes for the music and not for the charts. :clap3:

3 hours ago, jacklovesyou1 said:

Younger now is good ... Atrl just wants try hard bangerz miley back smh

Zara album should of been around 10 tracks then it would of been decent

I think ATRL isn't here for Miley at all... first with the ~cultural appropriation~ and now with country music which the gays are only going to pay attention to if done by Gaga.

1 hour ago, Navyofbadgals said:

Still a kii :oh: 

what track inflates So Goods success?

You'll see it in the songs chart! :)

10. Kati Wolf - Vár a holnap

445 track plays

415.jpg

For the delight of @prézli, there's some Hungary in this list, too. This 2011 album is a mix of electropop bops and soulful ballads on the lines with pop music from earlier this decade.

9. Edyta Górniak - Dotyk

549 track plays

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnNjZG4uY28vaW1hZ2UvY2Y1NmUy

1995 debut album from the Polish Mariah Carey, which is one of the best-selling records in the country. In my opinion, she's miles ahead Mariah, both vocally (much stronger voice) and lyrically (while Mariah is a great writer, she pretty much only sings about love, while Edyta's lyrics cover many different themes... but Poland has never really had a basic taste in pop).

8. Dua Lipa - Dua Lipa

563 track plays

Dua_Lipa_(album).png

I bought it right when it came out, despite never having been a huge fan of Dua outside of Blow Your Mind. But as with pretty much every female pop album, I knew I was going to enjoy it, and so it happened.

7. Sys Bjerre - Gør det selv

584 track plays

aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnNjZG4uY28vaW1hZ2UvYzJjYjFi

Another one of my Danish purchases this year. This album is from 2008, and it was sort of the Danish reply to Lily Allen and the whole badass girl trend she had created. The songs, all very well-written, are about self-empowerment, growing up and revenge.

6. Katy Perry - Teenage Dream

591 track plays

Teenage_Dream_album_cover.png

I feel like this album is never ever going to leave my yearly top twenty. It's my favorite record of all time, and it contains my favorite song of all time, all from my favorite artist of all time.

messs at kati wolf, screaminggg. tho it's noo whataboutmydreams. mp3

1 minute ago, prézli said:

Ddddddddd Kati. Is she alive? :skull:

she's from your countryyy. omg sis.. hungary cancelled. cause I assume what about my dreams.mp3 singer flopped there if you don't know ha.

yasss at katy..

edyta gorniak is disgustin tho.

21 hours ago, KillingYourCareer said:

TOP 20 ALBUMS

15. Zara Larsson - So Good

267 track plays

Zara_Larsson_-_So_Good.png

Despite being a known OZH, I did buy her album when it came out, and unlike certain other releases from this year it was listenable. One track in particular heavily inflated the success of the album on my chart. This one's for you, @MississippiZara.

14. Medina - For altid

296 track plays

medina--for-altid.jpg

I've been stanning for the Danish Lady Gaga since 2010, but I only got to buy her albums earlier this year. For altid is her second work, and it contains the #1-peaking single Kl. 10, the original Do What U Want.

13. Alsou - Alsou (1999)

304 track plays

alsu.jpg

This is one of my favorite albums of all time. Recorded when Alsou was 15, and with a rather disturbing videography (she's often portrayed attracted to men three times older than her... oh dear), the sound is so smooth and relaxing in typical Russian pop style.

12. Francesco Gabbani - Magellano

426 track plays

covermagellano-web.jpg

One of the few Italian singers I actually enjoy. I was 100% sure he would win the Eurovision, but instead he only came 6th. Still, his album is a collection of witty, elaborate songs that get 100x better if you understand the words.

11. Miley Cyrus - Younger Now

443 track plays

Miley_Cyrus_-_Younger_Now_(Official_Albu

Considered one of the biggest flops of 2017, for me at least it didn't flop in quality. Miley served us a very original record that's supposed to show her true self. She did sound bitter because of the floppage, though.

im honored :1stplace:

2 hours ago, prézli said:

Ddddddddd Kati. Is she alive? :skull:

She's one of the few lucky people I follow on Instagram. She gives occasional concerts and is occasionally seen in the recording studio, but most of her posts are just her smiling like in the Vár a holnap cover. :dies:

2 hours ago, Dom said:

messs at kati wolf, screaminggg. tho it's noo whataboutmydreams. mp3

she's from your countryyy. omg sis.. hungary cancelled. cause I assume what about my dreams.mp3 singer flopped there if you don't know ha.

yasss at katy..

edyta gorniak is disgustin tho.

How dare you, just because she's Polish. :biblio:

5. Taylor Swift - Reputation

685 track plays

Taylor_Swift_-_Reputation.png

I must say I was very disappointed at first, and still now I can't consider it Taylor's magnum opus. With time, though, most of the songs grew on me and these almost 700 plays I gave to the album are well-spread among the tracks. End Game stays trash, still.

4. P!nk - Beautiful Trauma

689 track plays

PINK_-_Beautiful_Trauma_(Official_Album_

@Dom is going to be happy here. Legend P even managed to beat my main fave, Taylor Swift. I liked Beautiful Trauma right away--it's not quite the rocky, sassy old-school P!nk, but the project works very well and conveys its intended emotions very well. Barbies is one of the prettiest tracks of the year.

3. Halsey - Hopeless Fountain Kingdom

918 track plays

Halsey_-_Hopeless_Fountain_Kingdom.png

One of the biggest surprises of 2017 was the pentasexual and pentaracial synesthesia-affected photosynthetic indie-to-pop girl, Ashley Frangipane a.k.a. Halsey. I never liked her until the end of 2016, when I decided to buy Badlands, which did have a few masterpieces but was mostly uneventful. And then she completely came through with this project--it isn't quite her Teenage Dream as many had forecast, but it's still strong and full of personality. The replay value for most of the songs is remarkable.

2. Demi Lovato - Tell Me You Love Me

1,088 track plays

Demi_Lovato_-_Tell_Me_You_Love_Me_(Offic

The other pentasexual and pentaracial legend made the list. Demetria Devonne Penelope Keyshia "Demi" Lovato delivered yet another great album--more trend-hopping than usual and with less vocal show off, but the only thing I feel like is missing is a ballad like Father.

1. Katy Perry - Witness

2,111 track plays

Katy_Perry_-_Witness_(Official_Album_Cov

Katy Perry has been my favorite artist for years now, so it's no surprise she's up here in my list, and with such a landslide. I must confess after the first listen I was rather puzzled--the album sounded nothing like my expectations, and it was disorienting to say the least. With time, it grew on me to the point that it became my favorite album of the year. Katy never fails with me.

LOL. reputation and Beautiful Trauma ARE THE BIGGEST TRASHES, OMG. Witness is ok, it's less bland as Beautiful Trauma, I did enjoy a few songs from it, but it's meh. No me gusta.

Witness won with a landslide. :eek: 

Katy and Taylor have matured in their music, but the topics in their songs need to be about something else. I don't think the GP is here for 30-year-old women to sing hateful songs like Swish Swish or This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things honestly. :dies: 

Beautiful Trauma. :clap3: 

Such a great album. 

Teenage Dream is still here. :eek: 

Slé, one of the best pop albums of all time. :clap3: 

I think Dua's album shares the same problem with So Good. It could've been shorter, and it could've been better. 

AND TELL ME YOU LOVE ME IS IN YOUR TOP 2. :worship: 

I agree about a sad ballad, that's why I've been saying S&M should've been included in the album. :cries: 

• ATRL Moderator

NO MEANING OF LIFE????????????????????????????????????????????//

DISAPPOINTED TBH

Demetria and Halsey have the only good albums in your top 5, sorrynotsorry

Rainbow is wonderful, Blue Neighbourhood is cute and I’m excited for new Troye, Prism is full of are great songs!

Stan for So Good, a work of art! 

Francesco was robbed from a higher position at Eurovision, it may not have been my favourite but it was so feel-good and the fact that trash like Hey Mamma and I Can’t Go On beat it was a travesty. But, look what happened to Verona. 

Younger Now is really cute, didn’t deserve to flop so hard but I can see why it did.

Dua’s album is great! Not you being a fan of neither Dua or Zara but their albums converting you. a modern-day fairytale :'(

Teenage Dream, a classic

reputation is her best album. End Game, however, is horrendous, and we all know the reason why. I just pretend it’s not there and listen to my 14-track reputation playlist!

Beautiful Trauma is pretty good, I especially liked Where We Go and Wild Hearts Can’t Be Broken

wow, HFK turned me from a Halsey hater to a borderline stan. Badlands is one of the worst wrecks I’ve ever had to sit through but HFK is so damn good and highly consistent.

Never been a huge Demetria fan either but TMYLM is the first work of hers I’ve really enjoyed as a whole and it’s full of amazing songs.

Witness is highly underrated and an absolutely wonderful album. She experimented with her sound and it payed off.

I stan this top 3 hard

Edited by mxtthewdelrey

2 hours ago, Mark Rih said:

Wait @ Zara :eek:

Scrihm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.