Camila Cabello - 'Camila'

Golden Hour

• Replies 15.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Y'all where mocking 'Her Name Is Camila'. :rip: 

Maybe this one WILL get an actual release date, But I can't see her selling over 10k in the first week and definitely less than 100k overall. 

She will do more than 10K from Havana's SPS alone though :rip: 

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

All her releases have sold about 20k first week and that’s from her fanbase :rip: Sounds like you’re a little annoyed that her solo departure is doing a lot better than Nicole’s. 

Oh, I'm definitely annoyed by it. But I still think she's not gonna be the type of artist to move albums. Let's see how her follow up singles do on the charts worldwide before we start calling her the 2nd coming of Jesus.

1 minute ago, iamstrong said:

She will do more than 10K from Havana's SPS alone though :rip: 

Wait, what does Havana have to do with the album sales and SPS? I think I'm a bit behind on some of Billboard's new rules. 

Just now, cypriotpcdfan said:

Oh, I'm definitely annoyed by it. But I still think she's not gonna be the type of artist to move albums. Let's see how her follow up singles do on the charts worldwide before we start calling her the 2nd coming of Jesus.

No one’s calling her the second coming of Jesus. She’s had two smash hits this year and I’m sure she’ll be able to carve out a success album campaign just off the back of Havana. She’s still got a long way to go to be honest :) 

1 minute ago, Ethereal said:

No one’s calling her the second coming of Jesus. She’s had two smash hits this year and I’m sure she’ll be able to carve out a success album campaign just off the back of Havana. She’s still got a long way to go to be honest :) 

I mean, I do like Havana and I think that's the kind of sound that suits her. But I still don't see it for her. Most people, especially in Europe, don't even know who she is, they just love the song.  And what other smash hit does she have this year? 

Just now, Popboi. said:

That was my first thought :skull: 

I predict #1 for Liam in the UK, #1 for Camila in the US. He's slightly more established than her in the UK in my opinion, even though she has had Havana which has smashed. Whereas Bedroom Floor has struggled in the US so I think he'll be #2.

8 minutes ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

Wait, what does Havana have to do with the album sales and SPS? I think I'm a bit behind on some of Billboard's new rules. 

Basically song streams and downloads now count as album sales on the Billboard 200

US_album_equivalent_unit.png

It has made a huge difference in how albums chart on Billboard 200 now. Example of first-week sales off the top of my head:

Lil Uzi Vert - 28K pure sales, 135K with SPS

XXXTentacion - 18K pure sales, 87K with SPS

1 minute ago, iamstrong said:

Basically song streams and downloads now count as album sales on the Billboard 200

It has made a huge difference in how albums chart on Billboard 200 now. Example of first-week sales from the top of my head:

:jonny: 

Just now, KingB® said:

Would have preferred “Karla” :fan: 

Yes I would have preferred this as well. Plus it would be a better title if we are to believe the album is more along the lines of Havana :) 

3 minutes ago, iamstrong said:

It has made a huge difference in how albums chart on Billboard 200 now. Example of first-week sales from the top of my head:

3 minutes ago, iamstrong said:

This is soooo messed up. :rip: music industry. 

Archived