Melanie Martinez Accused of Raping Friend

Witch Privilege

So Timothy has retweeted stuff saying "So what if she got the dates wrong, trauma ****s up your memory, it still happened"

And Mel only pointed out the wrong dates after the fans did

What is this :deadbanana2:It's still "he said, she said." It's like both of them are grasping at straws together. This mess is never getting solved. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Timothy could take Melanie to court, if she wanted to press charges. We haven't seen any concrete evidence (and I mean like...Melanie's DNA found on her or something, or whatever it is they do), and if she retweeted that thing about trauma blurring your memory and making the victim unable to recall dates properly then...there's really nothing she can do about it. How can she testify about it in court if she doesn't even remember when it happened? Seems like she just wanted to put the statement out there, to just say it happened (which is fine).

cypriotpcdfan

Wait, Timothy said the trauma might have caused her memory loss which is why she can't remember the exact date? So she could be having trouble remembering what ACTUALLY went down between them?

Body Electrician

Surely the photo Timothy posted of Melanie in handcuffs would be dated? Photos taken on an iPhone or any other smart phone have a date and time attached

Although all the confusion does seem pointless as Melanie already confirmed that the sexual stuff did happen and it's a question about consent remaining :confused:

11 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

She already did

32636DAA-04F3-4F72-AE4E-7866F4A971DF.png

omg like who would post a pic like this??

this seems manipulative as ****, Im not a fan of Melanie and I literally know 1 song so Im not defending her but everything this girl did and said seems sketchy and weird af

1 hour ago, TMRA said:

omg like who would post a pic like this??

this seems manipulative as ****, Im not a fan of Melanie and I literally know 1 song so Im not defending her but everything this girl did and said seems sketchy and weird af

Pacify her, she's getting on my nerves. we don't love her! stop lying with those words....

This thread is golden for seeing who sympathizes with sexual predators and thus is part of the bigger problem at hand.  Still believe Timothy and am not here for victim blaming, no matter how circumstantial or 'he-said/she-said'

screaming at everyone getting hung up on the date who the **** cares? thats not what is in question right now

both the accuser and person being accused both confirmed that these sexual acts had happened between them 

we should focus on the relevant 

it seemed like Mel herself couldn't even remmeber the date in question since she had to wait 5 days to calculate her next response 

6AiOAPW.gif

16 hours ago, Dust Clears said:

This thread is golden for seeing who sympathizes with sexual predators and thus is part of the bigger problem at hand.  Still believe Timothy and am not here for victim blaming, no matter how circumstantial or 'he-said/she-said'

In a perfect world we could dismiss everything that might make Timothys statements false and just assume that there is 0 chance of her exaggerating the story. Rape is an awful thing that I wish no one would have to experience but I don't support the "guilty if the internet says so" mob mentality that can lead to even worse things. 

But yes, sure everyone that has a different opinion than you is automatically a rape defender that sympathizes with sexual predators and probably a rapist too.

True, we should be focusing on the consent issue. The question is, how will we get any evidence of who to believe?

Should we believe Timothy, because it's hard for rape victims to speak up about what happened? Should we believe that Melanie because she could be getting falsely accused?

Honestly, it's too hard to choose who to believe :deadbanana2:

Feels like I'd be blindly choosing one person. I wish there was some form of concrete evidence, because all we have is an alleged date, photo, and three statements, one which says Timothy said no several times, and two that say "she never said no to what we chose to do together" and "I would never be intimate with someone without their consent". :confused:

2 hours ago, klynb said:

Honestly, it's too hard to choose who to believe :deadbanana2:

Well, you don't have to "believe" either one. In most rape stories I hear about I think "maybe" for both sides. Only in cases where the person who did the rape admits it, or there's proof (like it's caught on CCTV) do I believe with 100% certainty that it happened.

Melanie Martinez should NOT be sent to prison because there's no proof that she raped her. It's horrible if she did commit rape, but if she's innocent and we send her to prison, that would be horrible to.

And it's a dangerous road to go down, if we have a society where we send everybody accused of rape to prison, then we have a terrible situation where you can send anybody to prison by just claiming that they raped you. We HAVE to go by "innocent until proven guilty". I'm sorry, but we have to. And yes, it means that a load of rapists will never get punished for what they did, but we can't have innocent people going to prison.

Body Electrician
3 hours ago, Topaz said:

this thread debunks her

It doesn't debunk her at all but it raises some questions

The thing about the handcuff game they bought is strange though. If Melanie had been pressuring her the night before and she had been adamant to say no and wasn't interested then why would she suggest buying a game that has clear sexual elements to it? Again, it doesn't disprove Timothy's statement but it's kinda strange.

I honestly feel like this whole thing was just bad communication between the two. Melanie seems to have just worn her down, which isn't right, and she said in that live stream that she gave up. Timothy didn't say no but clearly by this point she had given up because Melanie was so persistent. This is what makes the whole situation tricky because she didn't directly consent but by the point the incident took place she wasn't saying no either, but that seems to be because Melanie had just worn her down so much. I think Melanie is definitely in the wrong, but I'm not sure if she should be labelled a rapist.

4 minutes ago, Body Electrician said:

It doesn't debunk her at all but it raises some questions

The thing about the handcuff game they bought is strange though. If Melanie had been pressuring her the night before and she had been adamant to say no and wasn't interested then why would she suggest buying a game that has clear sexual elements to it? Again, it doesn't disprove Timothy's statement but it's kinda strange.

I honestly feel like this whole thing was just bad communication between the two. Melanie seems to have just worn her down, which isn't right, and she said in that live stream that she gave up. Timothy didn't say no but clearly by this point she had given up because Melanie was so persistent. This is what makes the whole situation tricky because she didn't directly consent but by the point the incident took place she wasn't saying no either, but that seems to be because Melanie had just worn her down so much. I think Melanie is definitely in the wrong, but I'm not sure if she should be labelled a rapist.

the girl also has borderline personality disorder and they are afraid of being abandoned and since Melanie got more famous people with BPD can remember things different or change it, also her new single came out and shes finding new magazines to promote it.

as someone who doesn't like Melanie as a person and immediately believed the accuser, after a week I really can't believe Timothy unless there's evidence. This literally seems like a scorned friend looking for revenge

On 12/10/2017 at 8:45 PM, Dust Clears said:

This some flawed logic but you do you honey

10 hours ago, Topaz said:

this thread debunks her

It doesn't debunk her it just creates more questions. This is never ending :rip:

Vigoorian King

Why did Timothy lie about never hearing Night Mime? :skull: She's right that many songs have similar intros, but did she really have to lie to prove her point? :skull:

cypriotpcdfan

So, she can't remember the date, yet said one. She lied about listening to a song. And she confirmed that she is the one that wanted to buy that handcuff game? And we're still believing this chick? :rip: This is all just too messy and too vague.

A Little Unruly

I saw this Tumblr post the other day that had a lot of notes and went like, “I hope you all have a good day, except the ones of you that still support Melanie Martinez“ and it kinda made me scream. :skull:

Whether all this is true or not, Melanie was the perfect person to accuse. Think about it, her fanbase consists of nothing but young, impressionable SJWs who are really passionate about this kinda stuff. The only person that would have been more profitable to accuse would have been Halsey, nnnn. :rip:

3 hours ago, cypriotpcdfan said:

So, she can't remember the date, yet said one. She lied about listening to a song. And she confirmed that she is the one that wanted to buy that handcuff game? And we're still believing this chick? :rip: This is all just too messy and too vague.

Thank you. It's nice to see logic in here. But apparently we're rape apologists and support sexual predators.

Archived