Melanie Martinez Accused of Raping Friend

Witch Privilege

Body Electrician
Just now, americanlife said:

So when Melanie did her first statement, at the time was the date June 25, 2015 already confirmed by Timothy or was that later on? Melanie might not have known that Tim said what the date was and just confirmed that they did it.

Happy to hear that she’s possibly innocent. Now I can listen to Cry Baby without guilt.

No, Timothy gave the interview to Newsweek where she confirmed the date after Melanie posted her original statement

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/12/2017 at 0:16 PM, genkirocket said:

Someone is innocent until proven guilty IN THE COURT OF LAW. People who aren't serving in the justice system are in fact free to judge anyone guilty no matter what proof there is or isn't. You have to understand that rape is incredibly hard to prove, even in instances where there are witnesses, DNA evidence, and the victim comes forward in a timely manner. You did mention that in your post, but I don't think you're grasping just how complicated that makes being a victim of sexual assault. Victims shouldn't feel obligated to remain silent just because they don't have proof, and people shouldn't feel like they have to withhold their reactions to an assault claim just because the accuser doesn't have proof. I'm not justifying people destroying others over allegations, but it's a side effect of this rape culture we live in.

Police rarely give a sh** about rape claims, so people are turning to the "court of social media" to find their justice. I was an outcry witness in a sexual assault once (meaning I was the first person the victim confessed the crime to) and the police didn't care to even hear her out. They didn't believe her, even though she had concrete DNA evidence (the baby she was carrying from the assault) When she got an abortion, the police told her they would try to get a warrant to take a DNA sample of the accused to compare to the DNA of the fetus, which never even happened. Come to find out, we later learn that the man who raped her was a serial rapist and sex trafficker, who frequently prowls outside nightclubs to find drunk women, who he then takes home to drug and rape them, locking them in his house and having men come over to pay to rape them countless times. They had a chance to bust this guy potentially, but because my friend was just a lying slut to them, they ignored her claims. It pains me to think of how many more women had to suffer at his hands just because the police didn't want to do their jobs. So you see, it's not just about proof. You can have all the proof in the world and the courts and police still won't give a sh** about you.

Wow photosynthesize it

1 hour ago, americanlife said:

So when Melanie did her first statement, at the time was the date June 25, 2015 already confirmed by Timothy or was that later on? Melanie might not have known that Tim said what the date was and just confirmed that they did it.

Happy to hear that she’s possibly innocent. Now I can listen to Cry Baby without guilt.

It wasn't until she gave the first interview that she shared the date and the pictures of the alleged night, her first tweet doesn't say anything about June 25th.

Also, when fans accused Timothy of retweeting shady tweets like #MelanieIsOverParty, she went and said that both her instagram and twitter were being controlled by her friends because she couldn't handle the hate comments. So how is it that she's uploading pictures on her insta stories? hmm

1 hour ago, carpetbeetle said:

Also not the picture of Timothy linking to a website titled: prettyuglylittleliar.net :deadbanana2:

It’s a forum where people discuss social media personalities, youtubers and sometimes actual celebrities. Melanie has a thread on there where we are discussing the events 

2 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

She already did

32636DAA-04F3-4F72-AE4E-7866F4A971DF.png

Nothing more cringeworthy than posting a pic of yourself crying on social media :deadbanana2: 

2 hours ago, TheLuckyOnes said:

It’s a forum where people discuss social media personalities, youtubers and sometimes actual celebrities. Melanie has a thread on there where we are discussing the events 

Ooh i'd like a link to that

3 hours ago, Burqa said:

It wasn't until she gave the first interview that she shared the date and the pictures of the alleged night, her first tweet doesn't say anything about June 25th.

Also, when fans accused Timothy of retweeting shady tweets like #MelanieIsOverParty, she went and said that both her instagram and twitter were being controlled by her friends because she couldn't handle the hate comments. So how is it that she's uploading pictures on her insta stories? hmm

??? you can be logged in to instagram on two devices. and you don't have to see comments to use Insta Stories? It's very common that an artist/creator would have a friend or assistant manage their regular instagram while they use it for Insta Stories. You're naive if you think Timothy or Melanie are solely running their socials right now. :rip:

OT: so Mel still isn't denying sexually harassing Timothy for 2 days. and is now using  selfies found by stans to prove that even if she did, it was fine~ because they were friends :deadbanana2: Bitch, sexual harassment is still a crime. knowing someone is not sober and still initiating sex is still a crime. how are you gonna get outta this using insta pics? M E S S.

3 hours ago, Ryanicorn said:

I literally cringe when people post pictures of them crying :deadbanana2:

Posting a picture of a tear coming out of her eye with her lips pursed :rip: Tell me why this makes me believe her less.

18 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Posting a picture of a tear coming out of her eye with her lips pursed :rip: Tell me why this makes me believe her less.

15129306081989580.gif?1512930616

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

Why do have so many of her ex fans have messy bedrooms? i would never put my room on blast like that if it looked like those bedrooms.

:rip: 

6 hours ago, carpetbeetle said:

Also not the picture of Timothy linking to a website titled: prettyuglylittleliar.net :deadbanana2:

it's a site for ****-talking internet celebs I think

I wish she said something the day it happened.

Also, I wish she actually took her power and told Melanie NO YOU DO NOT HAVE MY CONSENT and just walked away.

2 hours ago, MAKSIM said:

Same :dies:

Like, I feel bad for going against the victim, but..... :rip:

10 hours ago, T.C said:

Yikes @ you thinking it’s okay to put allegations on someone without 100% proof. That means there’s always a chance you’re targeting an innocent person. Obviously the legal system can be screwed as you have pointed out, but going on witch hunts isn’t a good alternative.

Proof doesn't always exist in sexual assault cases. But that doesn't mean that the victim isn't 100% certain of what happened to them. It's simply not fair to say victims should not come forward if they don't have evidence. Victims have a right to come forward, and should legal trials ensue, that's what the court is for. If the accused is innocent, it's their obligation to pursue charges against the purported victim for defamation and what not. 

On 12/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, Mani. said:

That really is just an excuse. If your case is sensible and doesn't have loop holes in it like this one (only speaks up about possibly being raped after being dumped as a friend), then there's a strong possibility the person will be convicted. Courts are not perfect but that's life.

People turn to social media when they are looking for revenge, or have an ulterior motive. No one that's actually sexually assaulted will have a thought of "let me blast this person on social media and retweet every tweet that says I'm right. Let me pin my music tweet too". Like? Let's be real. Timothy isn't pursuing a charge because she knows the courts are going to be looking at her like she's dumb once she starts explaining her case. 

What are you talking about? Rape is never a sensible crime, so how can you expect all the circumstances surrounding the crime to be "sensible" and free of "loop holes" (whatever you mean by that)? There usually is always room for questioning the victim's credibility, as usually that's the first thing the defense will do in sexual assault cases. However, just because a grudge can be proven or the victim's credibility can be questioned doesn't mean that the crime didn't happen.

You are right. Then courts will look at her like she's dumb, and they will bring out every bit of dirt they can find on her. I don't know about you, but I can't blame her for not wanting to go through with that. Especially since Melanie has a lot of power and money, who really would want to go against that? I know if I was assaulted, I'd be damn scared to press charges too. The defense calls victims to the stand and treats them like they are idiots, and does their best to make them look like incompetent liars. The defense will dig up completely irrelevant embarrassing things that happened to you years ago, and throw it in your face to make you look bad. It's rough. 

If you look hard enough, you can find circumstantial evidence to question the credibility of both suspects and victims. I just don't think it's write to treat a potential victim as a perpetrator. Just because you question Timothy's character and motivations doesn't mean that she should be treated as a criminal. That's almost as bad as treating Melanie as a criminal before there's been any official investigation. 

Archived