Melanie Martinez Accused of Raping Friend

Witch Privilege

1 hour ago, Summer Boy said:

People are so dumb, we have no proof, for all we know Timothy might be lying. I'm not "shaming the victim11!!18!!", but people need to remember that someone is not guilty until otherwise is proven. And the only "proof" we have so far is a Twitter post  :confused:

Many lives have been ruined by false rape accusations, I'm not saying Melanie didn't rape her, I'm not saying she did, just saying until we have a real proof (which is always really difficult to get in this type of case, especially if it happened in 2015) we should not accuse Melanie of anything. People are crazy, and I can't even say I'm surprised. 

Someone is innocent until proven guilty IN THE COURT OF LAW. People who aren't serving in the justice system are in fact free to judge anyone guilty no matter what proof there is or isn't. You have to understand that rape is incredibly hard to prove, even in instances where there are witnesses, DNA evidence, and the victim comes forward in a timely manner. You did mention that in your post, but I don't think you're grasping just how complicated that makes being a victim of sexual assault. Victims shouldn't feel obligated to remain silent just because they don't have proof, and people shouldn't feel like they have to withhold their reactions to an assault claim just because the accuser doesn't have proof. I'm not justifying people destroying others over allegations, but it's a side effect of this rape culture we live in.

Police rarely give a sh** about rape claims, so people are turning to the "court of social media" to find their justice. I was an outcry witness in a sexual assault once (meaning I was the first person the victim confessed the crime to) and the police didn't care to even hear her out. They didn't believe her, even though she had concrete DNA evidence (the baby she was carrying from the assault) When she got an abortion, the police told her they would try to get a warrant to take a DNA sample of the accused to compare to the DNA of the fetus, which never even happened. Come to find out, we later learn that the man who raped her was a serial rapist and sex trafficker, who frequently prowls outside nightclubs to find drunk women, who he then takes home to drug and rape them, locking them in his house and having men come over to pay to rape them countless times. They had a chance to bust this guy potentially, but because my friend was just a lying slut to them, they ignored her claims. It pains me to think of how many more women had to suffer at his hands just because the police didn't want to do their jobs. So you see, it's not just about proof. You can have all the proof in the world and the courts and police still won't give a sh** about you.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
themroshawottguy
12 hours ago, Summer Boy said:

People are so dumb, we have no proof, for all we know Timothy might be lying. I'm not "shaming the victim11!!18!!", but people need to remember that someone is not guilty until otherwise is proven. And the only "proof" we have so far is a Twitter post  :confused:

Many lives have been ruined by false rape accusations, I'm not saying Melanie didn't rape her, I'm not saying she did, just saying until we have a real proof (which is always really difficult to get in this type of case, especially if it happened in 2015) we should not accuse Melanie of anything. People are crazy, and I can't even say I'm surprised. 

Come through with some legitimately reasonable sense, sis. :clap3:

I think it's ridiculous that some of Melanie's fans are trying so hard to disprove it, Melanie already confirmed that everything happened, and I would say it's likely that she did do it, but as simply shook and guffawed ATRLer's, there's nothing really we can do at this point other than wait and see what comes of it when/if it's settled in court.

12 hours ago, genkirocket said:

Someone is innocent until proven guilty IN THE COURT OF LAW. People who aren't serving in the justice system are in fact free to judge anyone guilty no matter what proof there is or isn't. You have to understand that rape is incredibly hard to prove, even in instances where there are witnesses, DNA evidence, and the victim comes forward in a timely manner. You did mention that in your post, but I don't think you're grasping just how complicated that makes being a victim of sexual assault. Victims shouldn't feel obligated to remain silent just because they don't have proof, and people shouldn't feel like they have to withhold their reactions to an assault claim just because the accuser doesn't have proof. I'm not justifying people destroying others over allegations, but it's a side effect of this rape culture we live in.

Police rarely give a sh** about rape claims, so people are turning to the "court of social media" to find their justice. I was an outcry witness in a sexual assault once (meaning I was the first person the victim confessed the crime to) and the police didn't care to even hear her out. They didn't believe her, even though she had concrete DNA evidence (the baby she was carrying from the assault) When she got an abortion, the police told her they would try to get a warrant to take a DNA sample of the accused to compare to the DNA of the fetus, which never even happened. Come to find out, we later learn that the man who raped her was a serial rapist and sex trafficker, who frequently prowls outside nightclubs to find drunk women, who he then takes home to drug and rape them, locking them in his house and having men come over to pay to rape them countless times. They had a chance to bust this guy potentially, but because my friend was just a lying slut to them, they ignored her claims. It pains me to think of how many more women had to suffer at his hands just because the police didn't want to do their jobs. So you see, it's not just about proof. You can have all the proof in the world and the courts and police still won't give a sh** about you.

That really is just an excuse. If your case is sensible and doesn't have loop holes in it like this one (only speaks up about possibly being raped after being dumped as a friend), then there's a strong possibility the person will be convicted. Courts are not perfect but that's life.

People turn to social media when they are looking for revenge, or have an ulterior motive. No one that's actually sexually assaulted will have a thought of "let me blast this person on social media and retweet every tweet that says I'm right. Let me pin my music tweet too". Like? Let's be real. Timothy isn't pursuing a charge because she knows the courts are going to be looking at her like she's dumb once she starts explaining her case. 

3 minutes ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

y'all :deadbanana: 

So she might not have done it after all. Wow. :rip:

I thought she was sketchy for that other comment, but now... hm... I guess now we can't really invalidate her any more than we can invalidate Timothy's side of the story. 

8 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

So she might not have done it after all. Wow. :rip:

I thought she was sketchy for that other comment, but now... hm... I guess now we can't really invalidate her any more than we can invalidate Timothy's side of the story. 

Idk, she is saying she did not do it AFTER a fan bothered to list "evidence" (aka some insta pics and the dates in which they were posted) that allegedly proves a hole in Timothy's reasoning. And let's also not forget she initially didn't say Timothy didn't say no, just that she didn't say yes.

Why did she not say this from the start? :skull: 

Just now, LoKoPaNdA said:

Idk, she is saying she did not do it AFTER a fan bothered to list "evidence" (aka some insta pics and the dates in which they were posted) that allegedly proves a hole in Timothy's reasoning. And let's also not forget she initially didn't say Timothy didn't say no, just that she didn't say yes.

Why did she not say this from the start? :skull: 

Wait, don't you mean the other way around?

1 minute ago, St. Charles said:

Wait, don't you mean the other way around?

oops yeah.

she said first that timothy just didn't say no

now she is saying she absolutely said yes (or agreed in any case). and she is only saying this after the "evidence" has been collected. Hmmm.

11 minutes ago, LoKoPaNdA said:

oops yeah.

she said first that timothy just didn't say no

now she is saying she absolutely said yes (or agreed in any case). and she is only saying this after the "evidence" has been collected. Hmmm.

Maybe Melanie is an asshole and just wanted to have sex with this girl only to forget about her. Like what if she never even cared to remember the details of that night? 

Also "what we chose to do together" could imply consent, perhaps Melanie worded it incorrectly. Still, though, I'm not buying into either story just yet.

25 minutes ago, St. Charles said:

Maybe Melanie is an asshole and just wanted to have sex with this girl only to forget about her. Like what if she never even cared to remember the details of that night? 

They were friends and photographed together over a span of at least 2 years, and as late as November of 2016 (that I have seen). This was no one night stand and the friendship continued for at least a year and a half after the alleged assault date.

1 minute ago, Boniqua said:

They were friends and photographed together over a span of at least 2 years, and as late as November of 2016 (that I have seen). This was no one night stand and the friendship continued for at least a year and a half after the alleged assault date.

Then this whole thing makes even less sense to me. Did neither one of them talk about it since? It's so weird because there are inconsistencies on both sides of the story, yet neither one of them is attempting to address them. It's like they're both hiding something of their own because they seem to be holding back quite a lot. 

This is a crazy situation, and both women are probably scared and confused about what to do next, but I expected someone to come through with infallible receipts by now. :rip:

• #FreeBritney Activist
On 12/8/2017 at 3:59 PM, Summer Boy said:

this.

On 12/7/2017 at 9:24 PM, Walk_Away21 said:

BYE BITCH

Why do have so many of her ex fans have messy bedrooms? i would never put my room on blast like that if it looked like those bedrooms.

1 hour ago, Domination said:

Everyone jumping on the "Timothy is lying!!!11!!" bandwagon with some messy Twitter stan timelines needs to get a grip.

Why are people assuming Timothy is telling the truth anyway?

Just read Mel's latest tweet, very interesting. Timothy's been very vocal, so she's gonna respond at some point. Guess we have to wait for that.

...still gonna remain neutral.

Body Electrician
2 hours ago, carpetbeetle said:

Just read Mel's latest tweet, very interesting. Timothy's been very vocal, so she's gonna respond at some point. Guess we have to wait for that.

...still gonna remain neutral.

She already did

32636DAA-04F3-4F72-AE4E-7866F4A971DF.png

Just now, Body Electrician said:

She already did

32636DAA-04F3-4F72-AE4E-7866F4A971DF.png

Ah I see...

This looks like an issue they need to work out themselves. They obviously aren't gonna give us anymore details, so idk what either of them are gonna do. This is just so incredibly sad and confusing. 

The only sane option is to remain neutral, so here I am...

On 09/12/2017 at 1:16 PM, genkirocket said:

Yikes @ you thinking it’s okay to put allegations on someone without 100% proof. That means there’s always a chance you’re targeting an innocent person. Obviously the legal system can be screwed as you have pointed out, but going on witch hunts isn’t a good alternative.

So when Melanie did her first statement, at the time was the date June 25, 2015 already confirmed by Timothy or was that later on? Melanie might not have known that Tim said what the date was and just confirmed that they did it.

Happy to hear that she’s possibly innocent. Now I can listen to Cry Baby without guilt.

Archived