Melanie Martinez Accused of Raping Friend

Witch Privilege

The7thStranger
18 minutes ago, Espresso said:

I'm still stunned that this thread became this massive. 

ATRL has never been kind to Melanie Martinez. Some people want it to be true so that she disappears. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Witch Privilege said:

If I had common sense, I wouldn't be on ATRL. :cupid: 

this is almost sig worthy

No matter which way this goes, this just completely obliterates Mel's reputation and her career. If it's true, then it's what she deserved.

If not, then it's sad, since she has a lot of promise (she's more of an "artist" than a singer). Either way, whatever her fanbase gets reduced to, that's probably gonna be it. 

8 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Not a user on the Melanie Martinez Wikia theorising that Timothy in fact raped Melanie :deadbanana: Someone shut it down

MESS :deadbanana4:  

7 hours ago, St. Charles said:

I hate when people attack others for being on the fence about the situation until more evidence surfaces. It is still possible to be sympathetic and mindful of the victim without knowing for sure whether or not they are completely truthful. Don't make others feel bad for not blindly believing something.

:clap3:

although I do believe Timothy

3 minutes ago, Elliot said:

why not go to the police bitch and not twitter for likes and RTs. i have no sympathy 

She must have been too scared to go or something. I agree that Twitter isn't the right place to "announce" this, and I think it's pretty funny that right after she started getting likes and RTs she pinned her new song to the top of her profile :toofunny2: However, if it really happened, then I do feel bad for her. But she should've gone to the police when it first occured. At this point theres absolutely no purpose to go to the police and no prosecutor would take this case because they'd never win.

Body Electrician
9 minutes ago, Elliot said:

why not go to the police bitch and not twitter for likes and RTs. i have no sympathy 

Because realistically the police aren't going to be able to do **** about something that happened over 2 years ago where there's no actual forensic evidence and it's one word against another. "Exposing" on social media can lead to more victims coming forward which can aid the case. Victims shouldn't have to stay silent.

24 minutes ago, Elliot said:

1. Statute of limitations

2. No tangible evidence

3. Police don't treat sexual assault seriously

5 hours ago, DoubleK said:

But she also didn't denounce it either, just like she didn't denounce that she forced her best friend to get high before the act and she only conveniently made sure to denounce the consent part  

do the math sis

Melanie isn't one to share much about her personal life. I'm sure she could say much more about this, but she doesn't want to, specially because it's something so private and intimate. She just posted the statement to clear her name.

9 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

Not a user on the Melanie Martinez Wikia theorising that Timothy in fact raped Melanie :deadbanana: Someone shut it down

hm

wait a second

what if Timothy raped Melanie?

maybe that is why she made all those songs.

I am riding a roller coaster right now.

I... :deadbanana:

Body Electrician
5 minutes ago, Burqa said:

I... :deadbanana:

This one as well

Who knows what happened. Maybe to her, it looked like Melanie is raping her. Maybe Melanie was just really hyper??? Theory.

:deadbanana: lordT

5 minutes ago, Body Electrician said:

This one as well

:deadbanana: lordT

Trying to read this multiple times because it doesn't make any sense :deadbanana:

MoonlightFrosting

WHo feels like this isn’t going to really affect Melanie career wise? Not that I don’t take it seriously, but it seems that Melanie has said what she said and doesn’t plan to say more, and her team supports her. I think she’ll just release her album next month (or sometime early next year) and it won’t affect her the way it affects male actors we’ve seen as of late. I think partly because she’s female and partly because she’s not a super mainstream artist.

6 minutes ago, MoonlightFrosting said:

WHo feels like this isn’t going to really affect Melanie career wise? Not that I don’t take it seriously, but it seems that Melanie has said what she said and doesn’t plan to say more, and her team supports her. I think she’ll just release her album next month (or sometime early next year) and it won’t affect her the way it affects male actors we’ve seen as of late. I think partly because she’s female and partly because she’s not a super mainstream artist.

It really depends. If she comes out innocent, all the hate might shift on Timothy and she might not be hurt as badly.

And even if she is guilty, there are always gonna be those ride or die fans who will stay. So maybe. She'll still have a career on the internet. 

Body Electrician
5 minutes ago, Burqa said:

Trying to read this multiple times because it doesn't make any sense :deadbanana:

The user basically saying rape is alright if the rapist was just hyper... :deadbanana: the entire wiki is a mess

2 minutes ago, MoonlightFrosting said:

The album is already finished so she could in theory just drop it, but I don't see it happening with the backlash she would likely receive. Her fanbase is massively social media orientated and pretty much everyone knows about it. Atlantic could very well just shelve the album and wait for all this to die down though.

13 hours ago, Body Electrician said:

This is SO extra :deadbanana:

:deadbanana:

"watch this shirt burn like Melanie will in hell" :rip: 

1 hour ago, Burqa said:

1 hour ago, Body Electrician said:

The user basically saying rape is alright if the rapist was just hyper... :deadbanana: the entire wiki is a mess

The album is already finished so she could in theory just drop it, but I don't see it happening with the backlash she would likely receive. Her fanbase is massively social media orientated and pretty much everyone knows about it. Atlantic could very well just shelve the album and wait for all this to die down though.

I interpreted it as "maybe Timothy thought Melanie was being really aggressive (and thus an act of sexual assault) in her movements/etc but it was just Melanie being hyper"

it sounds like some little kid whose mental image of rape doesn't extend beyond what happens in telenovelas, somebody pouncing on you and holding you down :skull: 

That Bad Eartha

The thing with musicians compared to all of these actors is they theoretically can have a career until their fans stop supporting them. That is why R. Kelly still has a career and why Chris Brown still has a career. Because fans keep buying their stuff and buying tickets to their concerts. So unless venues start not booking these people (which I'm sure happens to some extent) they can maintain some semblance of a career.

Studio systems support actors so if their agents and studios drop them, it is much harder for them to keep a career going.

I always try to sympathize with the victim however lots of things do not add up.

You were raped but everything was normal after? Like you were okay with being her best friend for years later? You just now came to the conclusion that it traumatized you after Melanie decided to end the friendship with you? It seems like a call for attention and/or revenge. Usually people who release their story about rape or attempted rape, e.g. the guy who almost got raped by Kevin spacey. They disclose it and move on, not continue to beat around the bush with it and RT people siding with her and against Melanie. 

I just have a hard time calling this RAPE. It gives loss of power to the word. Sexual assault or pressure maybe but rape??? That's like saying someone who repeated the N word in a song is racist. 

I am not saying Melanie is in the right here, but I don't completely see eye-to-eye with this being a rape accusation.

i’m not doubting timothy but she seems hungry for attention. real or not, her intentions weren’t pure. it’s as if she wants all of mel’s fans to be her fans

i don’t even care about melanie martinez this timothy girl is just sketchy. sorry

Archived