Fleur East's Second Album CANCELLED?

Kanye West

X Factor's Fleur East is eyeing up a move into musical theatre.

The runner up to the 2014 series has confessed she'd love to take up a role in the West End after watching Beautiful – The Carole King Musical in London.

Fleur told the Daily Star on Sunday newspaper: “I’m not going to lie, I did get the buzz when I was watching the show. As a performer when you see anything you immediately want to get on stage.

“It made me realise if I want to do a stage show I have a lot to learn. The technique is different to singing. I feel like going away for a few months and learning how to do it.”

It comes as Fleur's plans for a second album remain unconfirmed.

After being signed by Simon Cowell's Syco record label following her series, Fleur released hit single Sax in 2015 which peaked at Number 3.

However Fleur remains a one hit wonder having failed to replicate that success with follow up track More And More, while her album missed the Top 10.

A move into musical theatre wouldn't be a shock; the West End has become a favourite destination for X Factor stars over the years.

http://www.tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/the-x-factor/301465-x-factors-fleur-east-eyes-move-west-end-no-second-album.html

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kanye West

• normanikordeix

• Godele

• mariahcarey

Top Posters In This Topic

WalkingOnCharts

ugh she had so much potential, but it was tragic that her era was mismanaged by the second single with that horrid song choice :rip:

Just now, SeanKevinMusic said:

She has been writing and recording for the second album. Was just in the studio the other day.

This doesn't mean much. It could be for an EP or something else. She might be completely dropped.

I hope not, but who knows.

SeanKevinMusic
Just now, Kanye West said:

This doesn't mean much. It could be for an EP or something else. She might be completely dropped.

Well atleast we know she is recording, 3 new songs have gotten registered too

If We Ruled The World - Fleur East,  James Sullivan, Edward Craig
Wait - Fleur East, Chelcee Grimes, Brad Ellis, Richard Stannard
Missiles - Fleur East, Chelcee Grimes, Brad Ellis, Richard Stannard

3 minutes ago, Saintlor said:

Did anyone else read this as "CANCER" and thought she was releasing an album called Cancer :rip: 

Me :cries:

Just now, normanikordeix said:

she posted an instagram photo of her in the studio a month ago, i wouldn't say cancelled.

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Could also be scrapped material now. Her lead single was supposed to be released at the end of last year but was pushed back indefinitely.

This always happens to X factor winner's or runner's up, It's happened to Shayne, Leona, Alexandra, Sam Bailey, Stacey Solomon 

Hooker Barbie

She is one of the strongest acts to ever come out of the shitstorm that is The X Factor. Fleur should keep pushing to get a second album out - it went gold on the back of only one single. 

1 minute ago, Hooker Barbie said:

She is one of the strongest acts to ever come out of the shitstorm that is The X Factor. Fleur should keep pushing to get a second album out - it went gold on the back of only one single. 

People were only interested in her coz she danced all the time and no one else did that

Sadly no surprised since nothing really happened after Sax. More and More failed to do anything early on and they abandoned ship quick. The song didn't even get a music video. Unfortunate though. She was one of the best to come from that show since probably Little Mix imo.

Archived