• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FameFatale

• hausofbryan

• yASSsss

• Artur

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ProfessorNinja said:

When I look back on my olive garden order, It's not that I don't want to see the breadsticks as I ordered them, It's just that I prefer the endless salad option more. And truthfully, the thousand island dressing is more tasty, because I prefer it. Organic Italian cooking tells us, arguably, that penne pasta is the ultimate dish. Angel hair is not overcooked like Fettuccine in a typical italian meal, they can be burnt, forever. It's sort of like my Italian heritage is an allegory for a meal order, and as the customer of that order, I must sprinkle cheese on all of the plate. And make it tasty again

It's not that I've been dishonest,

It's just that I loathe Rigatoni Pasta

:bibliahh:

2 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

Let's just all remember that ASIBs trailer was terrible 

wat? the GEEPEE loved the trailer.

when this movie is so big in italy they have to rent out stadiums to play it. :worship2:

10 minutes ago, Bang Up said:

You guys are completely misinterpreting what "campy" means in this context. It doesn't mean jokey or "not taking itself seriously". Campy can be serious, it can be dramatic and genuine. :jonny: 

No I'm pretty sure we're using the correct definition of campy especially from the descriptions we've heard so far. No one has described it as a serious genuine drama. Even the director of photography on the film said this.

“This film is going to be a little different. It’s a bit of a kitschy, funny, tragic tragedy — like a high-end soap opera. With a crazy cast as well.”

I could be wrong but I remember reading Gaga/Patrizia narrates the movie and rumours of her breaking the fourth wall - having her as the narrator (someone who is extremely eccentric and has a warped reality of the events in real life) kind of points at it being a tongue in check portrayal on the actual events. I guess we'll see when the trailer drops...

8 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

???

AISB trailer was perfect and got everyone hyped. Shallord instantly sounded like a classic too so much so the actual version we go on release sounded a bit underwhelming after listening to the trailer version.

• #FreeBritney Activist

I still hope they include the true story of the ferret she had dying in the jail. Imagine that being what gives us the next oscar, and Patrizzy has a breakdown from sitting on it in jail, cries, holds the dead ferret up to the light, sheds a tear and then the credits roll

12 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

?? sis everyone was gagging. Fans obviously but the GP was shook. Loved watching all the YouTube reactions from non-Gaga stans 

It even won at the Cilo Awards, Golden Trailer Awards, and Webby Awards

Edited by Almodusa
3 minutes ago, ProfessorNinja said:

I still hope they include the true story of the ferret she had dying in the jail. Imagine that being what gives us the next oscar, and Patrizzy has a breakdown from sitting on it in jail, cries, holds the dead ferret up to the light, sheds a tear and then the credits roll

Serving Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables type of drama, LET'S ****ING GO.

WKBUj6Y.gif

Marry Illusion Glory

I think it's campy in the sense that it uses humor to cover up any potential misses of the accents. If you have a little comic undertone, the accents don't have to be as perfect, not as much as serious plotlines would require them to be. But also, this character, this woman is larger-than-life and batsh*t crazy. She's extra in everything she does. And the family was totally dysfunctional and each member had its own peculiarities. There is a lot of scope to see some richly defined and well written characters. The approach that they're going for seems to be the right one, even if might not appear on the surface. The trailer will make the direction that they took more clear.

9 minutes ago, Almodusa said:

?? sis everyone was gagging. Fans obviously but the GP was shook. Loved watching all the YouTube reactions from non-Gaga stans 

It even won at the Cilo Awards, Golden Trailer Awards, and Webby Awards

It looked like Gaga's acting was terrible though :michael:

• #FreeBritney Activist
Just now, killer_rose said:

Serving Anne Hathaway in Les Misérables type of drama, LET'S ****ING GO.

WKBUj6Y.gif

Just now, Marry Illusion Glory said:

I think it's campy in the sense that it uses humor to cover up any potential misses of the accents. If you have a little comic undertone, the accents don't have to be as perfect, not as much as serious plotlines would require them to be. But also, this character, this woman is larger-than-life and batsh*t crazy. She's extra in everything she does. And the family was totally dysfunctional and each member had its own peculiarities. There is a lot of scope to see some richly defined and well written characters. The approach that they're going for seems to be the right one, even if might not appear on the surface. The trailer will make the direction that they took more clear.

Agreed to both of these, Patrizia isn't just a killer, she's actually nuts. She endorsed the film and praised Gaga for it and then flipped out like one week later and spazzed on Gaga. Like, it's camp as well just because this woman is seriously wild and doesn't have the self awareness to know it. There's no way you could play this role straight laced, because she's a wild card

WKBUj6Y.gif

Marry Illusion Glory

What's with this sudden revisionism? :skull: Almost very single critic predicted her to be in the awards conversation with that first trailer. They were all completely floored with her acting (minus two or three, here or there)

That scene where she smashes the photo frame hanging on the wall down to the ground in rage towards the end as the drums for Shallah intensify and it reaches its crescendo? Now that's cinema 🤌

EnigmaticAndroid
27 minutes ago, ProfessorNinja said:

:dies:

56 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

The ****. No, it wasn't. In fact the movie recived just one because it was so good and it helped launch the film into an instant success. 

HoG on the other hand will be terrible indeed.