Lady Gaga

Phoenixstar

PMKARDASHIAN

Has anyone watched that 30 minute video on YouTube about how Gaga changed the industry and how she’s the last major superstar? 
Saw it yesterday and literally cried in my bed :hoetenks:

Ugh the way this lazy fad still has me In the palm of her callused hand after 13 years is ANNOYING 

• Replies 458.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FameFatale

• hausofbryan

• yASSsss

• Leptine

Puttanesca
4 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Has anyone watched that 30 minute video on YouTube about how Gaga changed the industry and how she’s the last major superstar

Ugh the way this lazy fad still has me In the palm of her callused hand after 13 years is ANNOYING 

Was literally thinking this as I watched the BTW vid today. The fact we've had no major superstar since. :deadbanana2: I feel like Dua and/or Doja have that potential tho, but still Dua is nowhere near Gaga's level if you compare TFM vs. FN. We'll see what Planet HER does.

Link to the vid?

HausofNick

she will never top the born this way era ever again

it literally made me see music and pop culture in a totally different way

god i love the visuals of that era so damn much

Stupid Love
11 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

BTW is a certified classic and a career defining anthem. Hating the song is lowkey homophobic.

image0.gif

This. BTW is an earth shattering song. I love how she introduced it at GagaChella:

”This song made a lot of noise when it was released. I like to make a lot of noise.”

Queen.

PMKARDASHIAN
1 minute ago, Puttanesca said:

Was literally thinking this as I watched the BTW vid today. The fact we've had no major superstar since. :deadbanana2: I feel like Dua and/or Doja have that potential tho, but still Dua is nowhere near Gaga's level if you compare TFM vs. FN. We'll see what Planet HER does.

Link to the vid?

truly tho, Dua hasn’t come close to touching superstardom, amazing streaming stats be damned. 

I think Billie is the only girl who’s truly galvanized people in the same vein as the previous MPGs, but I honestly don’t think she’s near the height of Gaga. It’s wild to me how people who were young (6-16) during Gaga reign think they have any idea or any authority to speak on Gaga’s peak. Never in my life have I seen something like that in pop culture (wasn’t alive for Michael Jackson or madonnas peak), and I’d even say that Gaga surpassed Britney’s peak because she took over not only music, but fashion, pop culture, and social media. To witness her rise first hand, whew. Something I’ll NEVER forget :WAP:

PlERRE
20 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Wait I missed it :emofish:

Does anyone have a link? 

Search Born This Way on Youtube. Filter: Today/Last hour. It's 8min. 

PlERRE

I can't believe liddos invented zoom meetings, reacting to videos online and youtube podcasts.

PlERRE
43 minutes ago, Devin said:

I see ATRL lagging again.

image0.gif

Yes. 

image0.gif

Puttanesca
3 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

truly tho, Dua hasn’t come close to touching superstardom, amazing streaming stats be damned. 

I think Billie is the only girl who’s truly galvanized people in the same vein as the previous MPGs, but I honestly don’t think she’s near the height of Gaga. It’s wild to me how people who were young (6-16) during Gaga reign think they have any idea or any authority to speak on Gaga’s peak. Never in my life have I seen something like that in pop culture (wasn’t alive for Michael Jackson or madonnas peak), and I’d even say that Gaga surpassed Britney’s peak because she took over not only music, but fashion, pop culture, and social media. To witness her rise first hand, whew. Something I’ll NEVER forget :WAP:

Thanks! Gonna watch this now and cry lol.

But yeah, Dua just doesn't have that stage presence or musicianship. Her voice is lovely and she obviously has bops, but there's def something missing.

Billie is leading a new generation, but the vocals and stage presence aren't there. Her latest releases are also nothing interesting imo, but we'll see what her second album brings.

Gaga just has it all, I fear. besides dancing but she's physically ill and has richy as choreographer so...:eli:

Devin
9 minutes ago, HausofNick said:

she will never top the born this way era ever again

You mean The Fame Mo-

image0.gif

Gaga’s unpredictable so idk.

Stupid Love

There’s a magazine that called Gaga the Last Great Superstar. Years ago at her peak. Been trying to find it for years but can’t. She was on the cover…

PMKARDASHIAN
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Puttanesca said:

Thanks! Gonna watch this now and cry lol.

But yeah, Dua just doesn't have that stage presence or musicianship. Her voice is lovely and she obviously has bops, but there's def something missing.

Billie is leading a new generation, but the vocals and stage presence aren't there. Her latest releases are also nothing interesting imo, but we'll see what her second album brings.

Gaga just has it all, I fear. besides dancing but she's physically ill and has richy as choreographer so...:eli:

I haven’t paid attention to eithers stage presence and I must be the only one who thinks Duas music isn’t that great 💀 FN only had like 4 songs I use. 
But Billie really hasn’t been serving the way Gaga was serving during her second era. Fad truly set the bar too high for the new girls

Edited by PMKARDASHIAN
Oof the spelling
PMKARDASHIAN
3 minutes ago, Devin said:

You mean The Fame Mo-

image0.gif

Gaga’s unpredictable so idk.

Spill bestie :eli:

lepetitmonstr
17 minutes ago, PlERRE said:

Search Born This Way on Youtube. Filter: Today/Last hour. It's 8min. 

Omg thank you sis just saw it :WAP:

Brings me back to my high school days :WAP:

Bamboo

The Born This Way era itself was such a fun time to stan :jonny2: 

The constant teasing from July 2010 when she first performed You and I up till May 2011 when the album was released :jonny2:

The Mugler fashion show with Scheiße and Government Hooker remixes :jonny2: 

All the magazine interviews where she name dropped song titled and revealed lyrics :jonny2: 

The previews of songs in Gagavision :jonny2: 

The FarmVille promo :jonny2:

ARTPOP was fun too but it had a feeling of impending doom for her career from the beginning. Nothing will top BTW in terms of release and promo 

aesthetic bih
44 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

Has anyone watched that 30 minute video on YouTube about how Gaga changed the industry and how she’s the last major superstar? 

not yet. link pls :gaycat5:

PMKARDASHIAN
Just now, aesthetic bih said:

not yet. link pls :gaycat5:

34 minutes ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

There you go :hug:

aesthetic bih
1 minute ago, PMKARDASHIAN said:

There you go :hug:

thank you :heart2:

Puttanesca

That vid is great! I loved seeing those old clips of her.

Ugh, I really just want a new interview to see where her head is at rn. Does she feel done with electronic music? What happened with Chromatica? I need to know. :jonny5:At least with ARTPOP we got some kind of idea of how she was feeling with that SXSW interview.

hausofbryan

Reminder that we went from BTW era level effort to Chromatica era.

:gaygacat1: I just wanted to lift the mood 

PlERRE
14 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

The constant teasing from July 2010 when she first performed You and I up till May 2011 when the album was released :jonny2:

All the magazine interviews where she name dropped song titled and revealed lyrics :jonny2: 

ARTPOP was fun too but it had a feeling of impending doom for her career from the beginning. Nothing will top BTW in terms of release and promo 

She broke twitter with this

218156300.jpg

PlERRE
25 minutes ago, lepetitmonstr said:

Omg thank you sis just saw it :WAP:

Brings me back to my high school days :WAP:

Waking up at 6am to listen to the songs :jonny:

Checking the fb fanpages to see the new candids, photoshots, interviews,magazine covers :jonny:

artangel

Do the streams for Marry The Night and Marry The Night - Zedd Remix on Spotify count as one or do they each have 75,125,176 streams separately?

artangel
24 minutes ago, Bamboo said:

the way that this album was released on my birthday :jonny2: