Pop Vocal (Witness)

Pop Duo/Group (Bon Appetit)

Music Video (Chained)

2rzxukz.jpg

we can only wish

14 minutes ago, Kings. said:

Five Foot Two is eligible? :eek: 

As they should.

This gif tho :ahh: whose Grammy’s are they?

Amy was, so I think 5"2 is as well, it won't win though 

I'm hoping Bruno submits 24K Magic to the Urban Contemporary Album category. (since the R&B Album category is basically for more jazzy, traditional, soul-driven, rhythmic albums)

The album is labeled as a pop record, but the music is 100% R&B. And it also spent weeks atop the R&B Albums chart.

That's What I Like/Versace on the Floor also for R&B categories.

you all should take your hopes really low for Gaga or Selena. Grammys showed many times they don't love Gaga anymore. You will be upset when she will get nothing.

42 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

you all should take your hopes really low for Gaga or Selena. Grammys showed many times they don't love Gaga anymore. You will be upset when she will get nothing.

According to...? She just won a Grammy 3 years ago and her documentary song got a nomination.

She will easily have a Pop Album nomination, and likely others.

SweetSassySinner
7 hours ago, Divine said:

You Should Be Here was nominated for Urban Contemporary Album a few years ago.

I thought that was changed and thats why Ed was nominated for BNA even though he had been nominated before.

5 minutes ago, SweetSassySinner said:

I thought that was changed and thats why Ed was nominated for BNA even though he had been nominated before.

The rule change allowed artists to be nominated if they had nominations prior to being eligible for a debut album. Ed Sheeran actually is not a great example of this. He was nominated for Song of the Year in 2013. He also released an album that year but it did not get nominated, nor did he get nominated for BNA that year. But because he was only nominated as a songwriter and not a performer in 2013, that loophole allowed him to get in BNA the next year.

Under those rules (which have since been updated and I'll get to that in a second), YSBH would most likely have been counted as a debut album since it had a commercial release and was submitted for Grammy consideration (and got nominated). So Kehlani would most likely still not be eligible this year.

But since the BNA rules have been updated further to make any artist who has released 5-30 singles/tracks or 1-3 albums and not been nominated previously eligible, they've added a stipulation that any artist who has been nominated as a performer previously, even prior to an album being released, is ineligible. So Kehlani is 100% not eligible this year.

Sorry for the long and complicated answer, hope I explained it the best I could! :heart2:

SelenaTheWinner
On 10/5/2017 at 6:09 AM, golden-girl said:

Ready for the outrage when Selena becomes a Grammy nominee with Best dance recording 

I think It Aint Me & Bad Liar, but Grammys are really unpredictable. 

SweetSassySinner
1 hour ago, Divine said:

The rule change allowed artists to be nominated if they had nominations prior to being eligible for a debut album. Ed Sheeran actually is not a great example of this. He was nominated for Song of the Year in 2013. He also released an album that year but it did not get nominated, nor did he get nominated for BNA that year. But because he was only nominated as a songwriter and not a performer in 2013, that loophole allowed him to get in BNA the next year.

Under those rules (which have since been updated and I'll get to that in a second), YSBH would most likely have been counted as a debut album since it had a commercial release and was submitted for Grammy consideration (and got nominated). So Kehlani would most likely still not be eligible this year.

But since the BNA rules have been updated further to make any artist who has released 5-30 singles/tracks or 1-3 albums and not been nominated previously eligible, they've added a stipulation that any artist who has been nominated as a performer previously, even prior to an album being released, is ineligible. So Kehlani is 100% not eligible this year.

Sorry for the long and complicated answer, hope I explained it the best I could! :heart2:

Thank you so much :heart2: It is abit complicated since they constantly update it. Oh well i thought she might of had a chance for BNA but i guess not. It's not looking good for her since Urban album is stacked this year as well.

1 hour ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

I think It Aint Me & Bad Liar, but Grammys are really unpredictable. 

Lol don't expect BL, but IAM would literally be a lock in if it was anybody else so if it's not then we know why tbh. Best dance recording isn't even a big category so like :rip: 

6 hours ago, MJLover said:

I'm hoping Bruno submits 24K Magic to the Urban Contemporary Album category. (since the R&B Album category is basically for more jazzy, traditional, soul-driven, rhythmic albums)

The album is labeled as a pop record, but the music is 100% R&B. And it also spent weeks atop the R&B Albums chart.

That's What I Like/Versace on the Floor also for R&B categories.

Who labeled it as pop? All publications have claimed R&B and soul album. It will be nominated for that category even, you should listen to the interview granted by Atlantic Records vp of pop and rhythmic promotion John McMann to BB podcast where he talked about that Ed and Bruno chances at the Grammys, where he mentioned pop and R&B, I don't see ED in R&B, sorry the album is definitely going for urban

Agree with TWIL and VOTF for R&B categories, while 24k magic (song) for best pop solo performance (a very hard category this year)

8 hours ago, frrr said:

Who labeled it as pop? All publications have claimed R&B and soul album. It will be nominated for that category even, you should listen to the interview granted by Atlantic Records vp of pop and rhythmic promotion John McMann to BB podcast where he talked about that Ed and Bruno chances at the Grammys, where he mentioned pop and R&B, I don't see ED in R&B, sorry the album is definitely going for urban

Agree with TWIL and VOTF for R&B categories, while 24k magic (song) for best pop solo performance (a very hard category this year)

I had no clue that podcast happened

but Apple Music/iTunes labels the album as a pop record. I guess it doesn't matter. This should definitely go compete in R&B to finally show Bruno as a legit R&B artist in addition to being a pop phenomenon.

butterflysupreme
On 10/6/2017 at 5:30 AM, Divine said:

Pop Solo Performance is so crowded this year. :jonny: Shape of You and whichever song Bruno enters are locks, but the last 3 spots are up in the air and could be filled by any of the following:

Million Reasons

Say You Won't Let Go

Too Good at Goodbyes

Praying

Issues

Attention

Look What You Made Me Do

What About Us

Love So Soft

and less likely but also possible:

Sign of the Times

Green Light

Malibu

Sorry Not Sorry

There’s Shawn’s song too

2 hours ago, MJLover said:

but Apple Music/iTunes labels the album as a pop record. I guess it doesn't matter. This should definitely go compete in R&B to finally show Bruno as a legit R&B artist in addition to being a pop phenomenon.

They are not a reliable source when it comes to that tbh. Once they label the artist as pop is going always be pop, even if he decides to do a R&B album, plus as he mixe genres its hard to give a category, so pop it for the better.  Competition is going to be The Weeknd it's going to be neck to neck.

9 hours ago, MJLover said:

To be fair, Beyoncé and Rihanna's last two albums were labeled as Pop on iTunes but competed in Urban Contemporary Album.

That being said I do think Bruno will compete in Pop. Urban Contemporary Album is largely for hip-hop-influenced R&B which 24KM doesn't qualify as. And it's not a straight R&B album either so R&B Album wouldn't seem right.

6 hours ago, Divine said:

To be fair, Beyoncé and Rihanna's last two albums were labeled as Pop on iTunes but competed in Urban Contemporary Album.

That being said I do think Bruno will compete in Pop. Urban Contemporary Album is largely for hip-hop-influenced R&B which 24KM doesn't qualify as. And it's not a straight R&B album either so R&B Album wouldn't seem right.

It qualifies for Urban Contemporary Album. Songs like "Versace on The Floor", "Straight Up & Down", "Too Good to Say Goodbye", "Calling All My Lovelies" are straight R&B/soul; The rest is a mix of R&B with funk. No way this is going for Pop, it would sound completely out of place 

11 minutes ago, frrr said:

It qualifies for Urban Contemporary Album. Songs like "Versace on The Floor", "Straight Up & Down", "Too Good to Say Goodbye", "Calling All My Lovelies" are straight R&B/soul; The rest is a mix of R&B with funk. No way this is going for Pop, it would sound completely out of place 

It wouldn't be the first time an album that sounds like this has been in Pop Vocal Album. CeeLo Green's The Lady Killer was there in 2012.

My early predictions:

AOTY

Divide

24K Magic

DAMN.

Hardwired...to Self Destruct

CTRL

ROTY:

HUMBLE.

Despacito

Shape Of You

That's What I Like

Body Like A Back Road

SOTY:

HUMBLE.

Castle On The Hill

Praying

1-800-273-8255

Issues

Pop Vocal Album

Divide

Rainbow

Tell Me You Love Me

Nervous System

Melodrama

Pop Solo Performance

Shape Of You

Million Reasons

Issues

Praying

Sorry Not Sorry

9 hours ago, Divine said:

It wouldn't be the first time an album that sounds like this has been in Pop Vocal Album. CeeLo Green's The Lady Killer was there in 2012.

That's something I don' understand, I mean the album was nominated for Pop and the songs were nominated only for R&B Grammys? The pop ones weren't good enough? Once you achieve certain success with a song you can't be categorized as R&B? Makes no sense at all

On 10/4/2017 at 10:50 PM, Tsareena said:

True. I’m wondering how many he can take next year. Like all the rap categories and the top 3 ones could go to him easily

Nah Eminem is releasing Kendrick isn’t sweeping anything next year.

LadyGagaChina

If Joanne could get 1+ noms,it will become a Top3 era of Gaga's career.

-3 big shows:Superbowl+VSFS+Coachella

-No.1 album both in us and ww

-A Top5 hit which is also one of her magnum opus

-Sold out stadium shows

-GAGA is happy.

and pray 4 ARTPOP.:cries::cries::cries:

Archived