60th Annual Grammy Awards | Bruno sweeps, ATRL is shook

Divine

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Next Day said:

Losing AOTY doesn't take anything away from that. All the accolades it got, all the best lists, they are subjective opinions by a group of individuals. The Grammys are the same. They are not a melting pot of the whole industry opinions but rather just another group of individuals who decided what they thought is good:michael:

Ye, but the Grammys are the highest and most recognisable achievement for musicians. And they keep giving their top awards to wrongs people almost every single time. Grammys are irrelevant in my books. I'd take a #1 on a year end list from a decent publication over 100 Grammys. But it's not the case for the absolute majority of people and one Grammy would usually outweigh every critic list combined. So ye, I am kinda fuming that they keep giving their top awards to super mediocre albums and songs. 

Poor Kendrick needs to boycott at this point :rip:

The first time was bad, the second one was worse but explainable, but this time was just a ridiculous loss 

_Sandcastles_

This show was a mess, Bruno winning AOTY, ROTY and SOTY was undeserving all they do is award chart success tbh and if Kendrick has lost all major categories again i see no reason why Beyoncé won't lose hers next year and they seem to also award the safest friendly album, imagine if Ed was nominated he would sweep all the awards ???Tragic. 

4 hours ago, slw84 said:

lol.

why are you saying ‘lol’

they aren’t relevant.. do any of the musicians who actually make great music care about these awards? it’s only a certain group of people who do...

Liberdade mi amor

Bruno Mars winning over Lorde and Lamar.

Grammys did not change even when Adele herself called them out last year.

At least Adele had a magnificent album to accompany her huge sales and impact. Bruno is merely mediocre. No female artist could have achieved what he has with that kind if mediocre music. Not saying he is not talented, he is. But it is just not fair. 

Run The World
On 1/29/2018 at 6:13 AM, Blue Honeymoon said:

OMG!!! Twitter won't stop until a dark-skinned 100% black rapper/r&b singer wins the big 3 noms, which is realistically, never happening.

GreatCoolBright
On 1/29/2018 at 7:11 PM, _Sandcastles_ said:

This show was a mess, Bruno winning AOTY, ROTY and SOTY was undeserving all they do is award chart success tbh and if Kendrick has lost all major categories again i see no reason why Beyoncé won't lose hers next year and they seem to also award the safest friendly album, imagine if Ed was nominated he would sweep all the awards ???Tragic. 

is bey releasing or?

On 29/01/2018 at 5:13 PM, All In My Head said:

And the President of the Recording Academy has the nerve to say that women need to step up and serve artistry.

He had a point, the words were just wrong. I mean Katy Perry, Lorde...all failed to achieve the success of their latest albums.

Archived