Divine

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, FutureHive said:

Kanye lost AOTY 3 times in a row

Will Kendrick repeat history

Unfortunately I think so!

It's a big politics game since the voting members span the entire industry and all genres. LITERALLY every genre, even the obscure ones. It helps to have broad appeal which is why pop, rock, and country albums win more often than not.

I think Ed Sheeran is going to run away with it. :'(

wesleywalrus
2 minutes ago, Divine said:

Assuming Gaga doesn't screw up her submissions again.

She entered Judas and Yoü and I for ROTY/SOTY during the BTW era, then Dope during ARTPOP :skull:

sis im sure Million Reasons will be submitted....its literally her only job :rip:

Just now, wesleywalrus said:

sis im sure Million Reasons will be submitted....its literally her only job :rip:

in before she submits The Cure and Hey Girl :cm:

wesleywalrus
3 minutes ago, FutureHive said:

Kanye lost AOTY 3 times in a row

Will Kendrick repeat history

Same with Gaga....but she's coming this year :duca:

Humble is going to sweep the Rap and Ed will sweep Pop.  Shape will take Record. Song could go to either Humble, Shape or Million Reasons with GaGa having the clear disadvantage. 

Album is for DAMN.

Dark Phoenix

Hopefully they will show some love for Lana and LFL, it’s a great album and Summer Bummer could be nominated.

Perched to see if Madonna gets a nom for RHT.

Shania better nominate for AOTY, Best Country Album

Lorde better nominate for everything

Kendrick better nominate for all the regulars and music video for LOYALTY.

My predictions for Gaga’s submissions:

AOTY: Joanne

ROTY/SOTY: Million Reasons

Best Pop Solo: MR

Best Pop Vocal Album: Joanne

Best Music Film: Gaga: Five Foot Two

Fetish for MiMi
4 hours ago, Divine said:

The Chainsmokers — Memories... Do Not Open

This HAS to be a joke :rip:

Did u come out with the list on ur own? If so please include Kygo & Selena’s It Aint Me, it’s bigger and way more deserving than half of the songs on that list 

I don’t care who wins AOTY, as long as it isn’t Ed. I don’t care how big that album is, it will be the biggest joke if the album that wins is one of the most panned albums of the year

Million Reasons deserves a Grammy, but I don't think Joanne the album is getting any one of them.

and, Melodrama is going to snatch the nomination but I don't see it's going to win anything, because it didn't have a commercial success.

Shania will easily be the country and female nominee in the AOTY line up. :michael: 

Hopefully MR can get SOTY and Pop Vocal nominations and a Pop Album nomination for Joanne would be cute. I am not holding my breath tho

5 hours ago, volition said:

I don’t care who wins AOTY, as long as it isn’t Ed. I don’t care how big that album is, it will be the biggest joke if the album that wins is one of the most panned albums of the year

I’ll be pressed as hell too, but the Grammys are the absolute worst in the General field.

Katy Perry

AotY (Witness)

SotY (Chained)

RotY (Bon Appetit)

Pop Solo (Tsunami)

Pop Vocal (Witness)

Pop Duo/Group (Bon Appetit)

Music Video (Chained)

2rzxukz.jpg

14 minutes ago, Xtripped said:

Why is Love On The Brain not elegible?

It was submitted last year in Best Traditional R&B Performance.

8 hours ago, samseacrest said:

This HAS to be a joke :rip:

Did u come out with the list on ur own? If so please include Kygo & Selena’s It Aint Me, it’s bigger and way more deserving than half of the songs on that list 

It Ain't Me might have a shot of getting nominated in Best Dance Recording, but it's an extremely long shot for Record or Song of the Year.

I'm not expecting The Chainsmokers' album to be nominated in AOTY, but you can't completely rule it out. They've had a big year, the Grammys are known for overlooking bad reviews for successful projects, and they were just nominated for Best New Artist and won a Grammy last year.

Archived