bestfiction

Pokémon GO - Mega Evolution

Ichinaru19

The way I only got one shiny today so far... at least its a shadow pokemon but its Mawile :skull:

Chromatica

The way I went from only having caught 4 Gible and 1 Gabite b4 GoFest to a fully maxed out 100% Garchomp and a shiny Gible (which is now a shiny Gabite with 75 candies missing for shiny Garchomp), hopefully the dragon week continues to be generous with a shiny Deino and 100% one :gaygacat5:

Can't_M!ss_This

Hi everybody. I came here to vent. You may or may not know I stopped playing in March. I transferred all of my Pokemon (aside from Mew, Celebi and Jirachi which you can't transfer) and basically junked my game. I was done. And then Ms. Rona came to town and my plans for a new hobby were shot in the foot. So I went back to the game (Angry Birds is NOT the fun I remembered it being) about a month later in April. I've been playing casually, not hardcore  like I was known for. Much happier not spending 10 hours a day coordinating raids and walking the breadth of town. 

So Go Fest 2020 was a waste of time and money. Day 1 was plagued with bugs, it was so hot (87F) and sunny that my phone throttled so I had to stay in the shade when I could all the while avoiding people downtown. Day 2 was a annoying with the Team Rocket crap. The first few hours I was just battling grunts and adding new friends from Twitter so I could send 3 gifts (stupid me sent gifts to people before the event started). I think I battled 3 Team Leaders before I got to the part where I had to beat them for the quest.

Day 1 Shiny Haul:

Shellder (a few hours before the event started hehe)

Zangoose

Roselia

Pika Hat Charmander

Tangela

Unown O x2

Wigglytuff

Pikachu ( :biblio: )

Wobbuffet (gotcha caught, level 1)

Clamperl

Unown G (gotcha caught)

Day 2 Shiny Haul:

Snover

Alolan Marowak

Tangela

Durant

Qwilfish

100% Pokemon Haul:

Charizard from Catch 20 Fire Type

Giovanni's Persian (Purified)

Encountered and caught 18 Gible. No shiny. One 3*. Did a raid and that one was 11-10-11 :rip: Was hoping for my White Whale (technically a pink dragon) Dratini and although I encountered a lot on Day 1, a shiny alluded. 

The Shadow Birds and Mewtwo were okay. Powered my Mewtwo to the 3000's before I ran out of candy. Glad I read not to purify them, especially Mewtwo. I didn't have a single Charged TM on me so after I was done with the Team Rocket quest line, I had to bust my ass in the battle league. One round gave me a Sinnoh Stone :rip: and I ran out of battles leaving my poor Articuno with Frustration. 

So yeah, Go Fest was a bust at worst and a letdown at best. I've been waiting for 3 years now to experience the shiny extravaganza that Go Fest has become known for and I ended up with roughly the same number of shiny Pokemon people get during a single Community Day. Team Go Rocket's stuff could have and should have been done a few weeks ago. The Pokemon I was really looking forward to getting shiny (Dratini, Gible) didn't happen. 

One last thing, they need to speed up Raid invitations. It takes like 50 seconds before the invite screen goes out. And people should make a habit to not back out of an empty raid until at least the last 10 seconds. It is nice that Passes don't get consumed for entering the lobby anymore. That should have been the case from the very start. I'd like at least 2 dozen raid passes back Niantic!

KK_Lover

I only got a shiny charmander and I didn't catch Dialga :( 

dabunique

Yeah this weekend was very rough

i had friends who got less than 5 in total for both days 

a friend of mine literally got two shinys in total for both days, he quit da game yesterday at 8 😂 

I liked da first day of rotating habitats they should’ve kept it for yesterday 

oh and what a cluster **** da friends list was da first day, couldn’t access it for hours 

Can't_M!ss_This

One of the reasons I stopped playing was because Niantic isn't some broke ass company. They're raking in massive amounts of money yet they can't seem to rent out more server bandwidth or not **** up longstanding features when an update comes along that has nothing to do with said features. The update before last, or the one before that one, kept crashing. And if they have the server bandwidth, they need better software. There is no excuse for such a crappy experience from an establishment and well-funded app.

The only real bright spot of Go Fest for me was my second shiny Tangela. It was a 96% which was awesome since my wild shiny's always have crap IVs. 

I was also expecting more enthusiasm for Dialga and Palkia, seeing as how this was their first time in raids in well over a year. 

TaggedGalaxy

My shiny haul

Day 1:

Houndour

Torchic

Tangela x2

Bulbasaur with a visor

Jigglypuff

Feebas

Pikachu

Unown G

Magikarp

Snover

Alolan Exeggutor

Day 2:

Magikarp

Qwilfish x3

Squirtle with a visor

Unown O

Durant

Tangela

Alolan Exeggutor

Alolan Marowak x2

So 23 shinies overall, not too bad. I went into the event really only wanting a shiny Alolan Marowak and ended up getting two in the last hour on the second day :deadbanana2:one had great PVP IVs so I powered that one up to under 1500 for great league. The other one had ****ty IVs so I transferred it to my copy of Shield through Let's Go and Home. Stuffed her full of candies to get her to level 100, golden bottle capped that bitch, used an adamant mint, EV trained her, and now she's a competitive ready Pokemon :gaycat1:

BeyonSea

I had  bittersweet Go Fest Weekend

I kinda expected more shiny(s) than what I got.:chick3:

Day 1:  9 Shiny(s)

2 Swablu 

2 Magikarp

Roselia 

A.Marowak

Qwillish

Growlithe

G Unown

Day 2: 5 Shiny(s)

Qwillish

Heatmore (:alexz2:)

Visor Hat Charmander

Gible (Literally reason why I bought the ticket)

Tangela 

Day 2 was much more fun than day 1 which was clouded with glitches and useless spawns.

Dark Miracles

Not me catching a shiny Yanma (beautiful btw) after not getting a single shiny during GO Fest :rip: 

Stevie

Finally hit Rank 10 today in GBL! :fan:

Chromatica

Good news for GoFest ticket holders:

Following problems that hit during 3 different hours of Pokémon GO Fest 2020 this past Saturday, Niantic have announced the make-up event. On August 16th from 11am to 2pm local time, ticket holders will be able to get Pokémon from GO Fest again. Like GO Fest, there will be 3 habitat, rotating between Fire, Water and then Friendship every hour of the event. It also will give a Free Box of 2 Incense and 2 Remote Raid Passes to all ticket holders and will offer Rare Candy from gifts and Incense will be more efficient.

Desire

Excited for the make up because of the remote raid passes :fan: Hope people actually invite me to some 

Can't_M!ss_This

They had to do a make up event last year as well

BadMonster

Anyone online who could invite me to a Rayquaza raid (or two)?

Can't_M!ss_This

So I invited this new friend I made the Go Fest task to some Rayquaza raids yesterday. The motherclucker got a shiny at the second raid. Like I'm happy for him, I guess, but it really grinds my gears when other people benefit from me being nice while I get a green Rayquaza with bottom of the barrel IVs

JonginBey

Another failed attempt at getting Rayquaza. No matter how many golden berries and curve balls I threw, the ball rarely shook more than once. I’m fuming :weeps:

JonginBey

Update: Finally got Rayquaza :jonny5:

andresg770

So shiny Numel isn't a thing yet, right?  Otherwise, I can't explain how I just caught my second shiny Taillow (anybody want it?) but somehow, 400 Numel later, still no shiny  :michael:

Desire
1 hour ago, andresg770 said:

So shiny Numel isn't a thing yet, right?  Otherwise, I can't explain how I just caught my second shiny Taillow (anybody want it?) but somehow, 400 Numel later, still no shiny  :michael:

Hihi I'd like it since I lucked out go weekend :eli: 

Can't_M!ss_This
14 hours ago, andresg770 said:

No, Numel's shiny isn't available yet

Can't_M!ss_This

Got 2 shiny Rayquaza yesterday back to back. My 3rd for the day was my best of the new batch but it was green. Got a shiny Dratini from the wild, FINALLY. Got another shiny Koffing from James. 

Did I brag about my shiny Ekans from Jesse? Can't remember. Anyway, it was a 100% shiny shadow. That's right, a shiny, a hundo, a shadow...a SHSHUNDO. That was very neat.

andresg770
13 hours ago, Desire said:

Hihi I'd like it since I lucked out go weekend :eli: 

Hey, if we can figure out how to do a trade (and you have a shiny I want), it's all yours!  :eddie:

Desire
23 hours ago, andresg770 said:

Hey, if we can figure out how to do a trade (and you have a shiny I want), it's all yours!  :eddie:

I forgot we can't trade unless we're close :deadbanana2:

UnusualBoy
On 8/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Can't_M!ss_This said:

Got 2 shiny Rayquaza yesterday back to back. My 3rd for the day was my best of the new batch but it was green. Got a shiny Dratini from the wild, FINALLY. Got another shiny Koffing from James. 

Did I brag about my shiny Ekans from Jesse? Can't remember. Anyway, it was a 100% shiny shadow. That's right, a shiny, a hundo, a shadow...a SHSHUNDO. That was very neat.

You're back playing :hug:

Anyway, this event has been cute but the only shinies I've got are Dratini and Trapinch which I already had :katie:, also shiny Deino is a myth, isn't he? I haven't seen anyone posting about it :deadbanana: