Billboard Charts (October 1-7, 2017)

alexanderao

6 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to even do final predictions.

@Kworb hasn't updated and sales certainly changed from Tuesday, Youtube are still 3 days of the tracking week missing, HDD hasn't put up on-demand streaming numbers, which they usually put up on Friday... :katie::katie::katie:

:chick3: Can't for SNS to surprise and snatch that Top 5 then :eddie: 

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• UNNAMI

• Mr. Adele

1 hour ago, Mr. Adele said:

Anyway...

Cardi is coming for a 4th week at #1?

Dont see what would stop her

QueenofCopyPaste
2 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Still 1 day missing

ughhh :/ they're always late

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

Not cardi coming for Fancy's wig.

tenor.gif

Lemme find out she's serving Dark horse to the game

tH4dDnS.gif

1 hour ago, Green said:

Any chances for What About Us to go top 20?

I wonder if this will be the Blow Me One Last Kiss of this era and top the airplay charts and be a cute top 10 hit in the next few weeks. She's easily on her way to topping the HAC and AC radio formats. And pop radio is giving her great support so far, but they will be the ones that make or break the song in my opinion.

1 minute ago, PurrKaty said:

I wonder if this will be the Blow Me One Last Kiss of this era and top the airplay charts and be a cute top 10 hit in the next few weeks. She's easily on her way to topping the HAC and AC radio formats. And pop radio is giving her great support so far, but they will be the ones that make or break the song in my opinion.

The problem is streaming. :dancehall:

I think it will go top 15 at best.

Grading album runs, by opening week sales, and sps t10 weeks; females 2015-2017:

200k+

Adele (10+ wks) A

Bey (10+ wks) A

100k+

Rihanna (10+ wks) A

Ariana (8 wks) A

Gaga, Carrie (4 wks) A

Miranda, Barbra, Janet (2 wks) C

Shania ?

Katy, Madonna D

50k+

Meghan (5 wks) A

Selena (4 wks) B

Halsey, Lana, Kesha, Sia, Jill, Kelly (2 wks) D

Reba, Mary, Lorde, Britney, K Michelle, Gwen, Kacey, Tori F

n/a

Sza (4 wks) C

Solange (2 wks) F

With 3 weeks as the standard, each extra week moving up a tier and each week less than that moving down a tier.

Edited by fridayteenage

Woo, Cardi serving longevity with BY!!!

Hope she snatches Fancy, ha wig!

i believe it's been over a decade since a song was #1 without ever hitting the sales T2. hmm. 

8 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

The quality of the music would decrease dramatically if none of the artists got paid for their work. The labels have to earn enough money to record the music and send artists on tours. If the artists aren't able to make money, the labels themselves will go under too. Radio stations would all go to sports and talk formats since there's no longer any financial incentive to play songs. YouTube would struggle, and Spotify, Apple Music, etc. would cease to exist. ITunes would obviously die. BB, MB, & HDD would go under within weeks. I'm not trying to be difficult or argumentative. I'm just explaining what would happen if there was no money made in the music business.

This is a bit melodramatic. The big stars are still making ridiculous money. Great music has ALWAYS came out of nowhere by new artists who have no money. They make it work. Artists have had to adjust and find other ways to make money. True artists will always be drawn to make music regardless of money. Its a form of art and expression. Maybe we dont need those just in it for the money. In the old days they all got ripped off by record companies anyways.

12 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

Music, art etc should be free

No money for creators = no such thing as songwriting as a career = no songs = no music industry. 

3 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

while many artists use songwriters, many musicians also write their own music and don't use songwriters for hire.

the Beatles would still exist without a song writing industry,

amy McDonald would still,exist without a songwriting industry.

Very few performers write their own music these days.  Times have changed since the Beatles. And even if you disagree, my point still stands; without people writing songs, whether those people are songwriters or performers who write their own songs, there'd be no industry.

Edited by novembers17th

8 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Is Rockstar still too far behind to battle Cardi on a 4th week?

i wonder if Thunder can pick up in streams in the upcoming weeks. I'm super impressed by its sales at the moment 

Edited by PurrKaty

Just now, ChartsFan said:

There's a huge difference between people writing songs and a song writing industry,

musicians will ill always write, or attempt st least, to write music.

the industry would survive without songwriters for hire. Sure it would change, but it wouldn't die.

i am not dissing on songwriters. They play a vital role. But one thing is true in life, everyone is replaceable.

the new wave movement, synths and computers even showed we don't actually need musicians to play the music.

you might be technically right, but think logistically. wouldn't work.

I'm assuming there won't be a top 10 reveal today since it's Columbus Day? 

10 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

There's a 100 years of music already written. Ignoring classical era.

its actually been some time since we have gone through a remake fad on the charts.  Get one of those going again, and there's lots of material out there already to chart.

rihanna does McArthur Psrk 

:)

that would get so boring so fast

1 hour ago, ARTPØP said:

I'm assuming there won't be a top 10 reveal today since it's Columbus Day? 

oh :rip: