• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• UNNAMI

• Mr. Adele

14 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Hoping for my girl Demi to pull through!  I want a top 5 peak when all Is said and done.

Off-Topic

I love you guys. Swifties, Hive, Kats, Daydreamers, Monsters, Navy, Army, Arianators and all

other fanbases. No matter how many times we have fought and will fight on this forum. Always remember that we are all as one, we are united by our love of pop music, and we should celebrate ATRL as the place where we can be ourselves, meet people like us with same music tastes, and at least in my personal opinion, ATRL is just simply part of my life and I'm grateful for letting me be part of all of this. It's been quite an experience! Be happy, everybody 

(l'm on benzodiazepines right now Btw)

that's why we all should buy TEMNIKOVA II and stream the good sis' singles :heart2: 

ot : hope Bodak Yellow leaves #1 ASAP 

Can we take a moment to realize that Post Malone might hit #1 next week on the BB200 with his last album? :rip:

It already matched its peak last week BEFORE the resurgence of "I Fall Apart" and "Go Flex." Sales are increasing and songs are increasing, omg :jonny: 

Multiple t10 components based on last kworb updates

III Bodak Yellow (-radio)

Rockstar (-radio)

Look What (-spotify)

II Bank Account (yt/spotify)

Feel It Still (radio/itunes)

6 hours ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Hoping for my girl Demi to pull through!  I want a top 5 peak when all Is said and done.

Off-Topic

I love you guys. Swifties, Hive, Kats, Daydreamers, Monsters, Navy, Army, Arianators and all

other fanbases. No matter how many times we have fought and will fight on this forum. Always remember that we are all as one, we are united by our love of pop music, and we should celebrate ATRL as the place where we can be ourselves, meet people like us with same music tastes, and at least in my personal opinion, ATRL is just simply part of my life and I'm grateful for letting me be part of all of this. It's been quite an experience! Be happy, everybody 

:ahh:

6 hours ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Off-Topic

enjoy them bars :gaycat2:

Wtf is daydreamers?

Edit: Nvm

Edited by dussymob

7 hours ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Off-Topic

I love this. We're pretty much a dysfunctional family lol

4 hours ago, mau5trap said:

Can we take a moment to realize that Post Malone might hit #1 next week on the BB200 with his last album? :rip:

It already matched its peak last week BEFORE the resurgence of "I Fall Apart" and "Go Flex." Sales are increasing and songs are increasing, omg :jonny: 

It's pretty incredible stuff. Go Flex has cracked the Spotify top 50 for the first time!

12 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

because of revenue, you are getting a lot less money from 100m plays on youtube than 100m plays on Spotify

What does revenue have to do with popularity, though? Wouldn't you agree that one on-demand stream represents that same amount of popularity, regardless of how much money the stream made for the artist/label?

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

No. If I continually pay to consume something means I much more like it than leeching off free tunes because it's well free and I'm only listening be issue its free and I'm probsbly broke.

popularity does contain some need/element for actually liking/wanting the product, rather than taking it because it was there and free.

besides. As everyone knows, everything in life, in the end, is about money and survival.

I agree, when something is free chances are everyone will take it. Not cause they like it, but because it's free. It's human psychology. 

5 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

No. If I continually pay to consume something means I much more like it than leeching off free tunes because it's well free and I'm only listening be issue its free and I'm probsbly broke.

popularity does contain some need/element for actually liking/wanting the product, rather than taking it because it was there and free.

besides. As everyone knows, everything in life, in the end, is about money and survival.

That's an extremely dubious claim to make, that most people are just streaming music on YouTube because it's free and not because they want to hear the music. I can't come close to agreeing with that.

4 minutes ago, elemonated said:

I agree, when something is free chances are everyone will take it. Not cause they like it, but because it's free. It's human psychology. 

Every song is free on YouTube. If the fact that music is free on YouTube was really the primary motivator for people using YouTube, you'd expect to see way more parity on the YouTube charts than there is. 

I hope Demi can go #7. Thunder will definitely zoom past it next week.

I hope Despacito exits the top ten soon too.

2 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

This is messy and ignorant to how huge genres of music are consumed. :rip:

8 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Excuse me?

ask anyone on ATRL. I've been the biggest and noisiest proponent for a fairer system that allows non streaming genres to have a fair chance to chart in the streaming era and the genres favored by streaming fans.

i am well aware of how genres are consumed. What genres are bought, which are streamed. Which fsvor radio, and which like to pay and which like free. And how all thst is affected by lifestyle and income.

I am not some 12 year old. I was buying and listening to music before your parents were even born. I've worked for record labels. I've worked in radio. And I've even booked and run concerts and conventions.

so no, my 4esponse was not messy,

That doesn't change that your response was messy. :rip:

Your comparison also ignores that a huge portion of music listened to on Youtube is for music videos, a visual medium, and buying music video files never actually took off enough to become a lucrative thing, especially because music video channels were still a thing and Youtube became popular before there was ever a culture for purchasing music videos.

Suggesting someone is more non-committal and enjoys the music less if they listen to it via a free service like Youtube ignores that Youtube is just as much a visual medium as it is audio-based, and probably more-so visual-based than anything else.

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

That doesn't change that your response was messy. :rip:

Your comparison also ignores that a huge portion of music listened to on Youtube is for music videos, a visual medium, and buying music video files never actually took off enough to become a lucrative thing, especially because music video channels were still a thing and Youtube became popular before there was ever a culture for purchasing music videos.

Suggesting someone is more non-committal and enjoys the music less if they listen to it via a free service like Youtube ignores that Youtube is just as much a visual medium as it is audio-based, and probably more-so visual-based than anything else.

u really shouldnt pay that much attention on chartsfan tho, his thinking is just something else :rip:

6 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Most Spotify listeners use the free version :rip:

11 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

Most Spotify listeners use the free version :rip:

butterflysupreme
7 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

I’m sorry but how old are you, if you mind me asking? Nobody listens to music on spotify or youtube because they’re broke, most people just don’t believe in paying for music, myself included. Instead of illegally downloading, they can just use other platforms now. Wasting money on something you can have for free is simply moronic. I have literally never met someone in my life who buys songs from iTunes for example. The reason behind a song’s popularity absolutely doesn’t matter, no one cares that some people feel obliged to pay for music and feel bitter that others are beneficing of it for free. “Needs” don’t matter, if a song is simply more popular you have to accept that. 

I'm not sure if I'll be able to even do final predictions.

@Kworb hasn't updated and sales certainly changed from Tuesday, Youtube are still 3 days of the tracking week missing, HDD hasn't put up on-demand streaming numbers, which they usually put up on Friday... :katie::katie::katie:

5 hours ago, butterflysupreme said:

most people just don’t believe in paying for music, myself included

what kind of logic..........................

music is artist's work, you like to not be paid for work that you are doing?

1 hour ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to even do final predictions.

@Kworb hasn't updated and sales certainly changed from Tuesday, Youtube are still 3 days of the tracking week missing, HDD hasn't put up on-demand streaming numbers, which they usually put up on Friday... :katie::katie::katie:

aw, came here for that. no worries tho 

butterflysupreme
2 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

what kind of logic..........................

music is artist's work, you like to not be paid for work that you are doing?

Music, art etc should be free

15 minutes ago, butterflysupreme said:

Music, art etc should be free

And how are the artists supposed to make a living?