Billboard Charts (October 1-7, 2017)

alexanderao

6 hours ago, Agenor said:

6 hours ago, alexanderao said:

They also hate YT for the same reason the RIAA does (very low royalties). So this just compounds that disdain.

Youtube's streaming should just weight half as much as Spotify and other streaming services.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• simmnfierzig

• alexanderao

• UNNAMI

• Mr. Adele

Bodak Yellow coming for longest running solo rap song by a female rapper. :clap3:

57 minutes ago, URBAN said:

Bodak Yellow coming for longest running solo rap song by a female rapper. :clap3:

And also a tie for the longest female solo from 2017 :clap3: Who though a new artist could tie with one of the biggest artist of th decade :clap3: 

So next week are we sure Mi Gente is going #1 or Cardi could snatch a 4th week?

Edited by Mr. Adele

13 minutes ago, Mr. Adele said:

And also a tie for the longest female solo from 2017 :clap3: Who though a new artist could tie with one of the biggest artist of th decade :clap3: 

Mi Gente is freefalling. It will probably drop out of the Top 10 by next week. 

2 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Neither.

Lin-Manuel 

Really? What song? Didn’t know he was a thing

7 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Turn on the news, it's everywhere :)

If you think everywhere is United States of America I guess

I think you are referring to the new multiple artists charity song? At least that’s what I found after some googling

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

I suspect though, it will be much like We We Are the World.  Individual artists (on the featured part) will not be credited as getting another number one on Billboard. So Luis Fonsi won't get his 2nd #1 of the year.  Gloria Estafan won't get another #1 to her credit. And sadly for ATRL Camilla will still have to wait for a #1 credit on BB.

I was worried about that, it would be messy if they all got the credit 

11 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

It's called the World Wide Web for a reason. While I'm old, I didn't actually expect peoplemtomturn on cnn or Fox News.  A simple visit to most entertainment sites has the story.

but yes, I suppose, I was mainly talking North America. 

Lin-Manuel Miranda will get the credit for the song.  Feature is listed Artists for Puerto Rico.  

I suspect though, it will be much like We We Are the World.  Individual artists (on the featured part) will not be credited as getting another number one on Billboard. So Luis Fonsi won't get his 2nd #1 of the year.  Gloria Estafan won't get another #1 to her credit. And sadly for ATRL Camilla will still have to wait for a #1 credit on BB.

The song would have to sell A LOT to debut #1 in the Hot 100 with streaming or airplay tho. Why are you so sure it will go #1?

1 hour ago, ChartsFan said:

Because I have faith in humanity.

yea I know, I'm stupid for still having that.

edited to add:

it isold between 50-55k on Friday,

Im not sure why people think it will have zero streaming.  It has over 600k on YouTube, and I suspect that's quite local. Considering the reaction here thst the song even existed, does show support for it being local.

plus it's oni There streaming services. Spotify Puerto Rico donation playlists.

all proceeds from streaming and sales go to the fund, and they made sure streaming donations was mentioned in all the news stories on the song. So it will get some streams with solid sales.

It deserves a Canada and all-over Latin America release at least, since those areas know what happened to Puerto Rico. Outside of Spain and Portugal, I don't know how much Europe heard about Hurricane Maria. So, with the Hispanic population of the rest of the continent so low, I'm not sure how many people (short of taking cruises) know much, if anything, about Puerto Rico.

Only one tropical system in Europe's history, as far back as the National Hurricane Center can go (1871, and that's inconsistent), actually struck Europe while still Tropical in nature, TD Vince. Vince, once a hurricane, came ashore near Huelva, Spain on 11 October 2005. However, according to the page, historical meteorologists believe a full-fledged hurricane hit the Iberian Peninsula on 29 October 1842.

1 minute ago, ChartsFan said:

Still shocked it's been over s day and not one post here on The BB thread, about it, especially Camilla.  Considering all the posts she has generated in the past few weeks in the BB thread.  

I thought for sure i would log in tonight and see ten or more pages about her.

There was a big thread about Irma. I know there's a tropical weather/hurricane discussion somewhere on the forum. Perhaps some people in the Forum/Lounge section. Ireland and the UK get a lot of strong post-tropical storms that were once hurricanes though.

5 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

Youtube's streaming should just weight half as much as Spotify and other streaming services.

Why?

11 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Last week for Bodak Yellow at #1.   3 weeks it is.

:foot:

That charity song isn't going #1. Would need a way bigger lead on iTunes than it currently has

6 hours ago, Mr. Adele said:

We are sure that Mi Gente is not going #1:celestial5:

Will have a pretty big 2nd week drop

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

:foot:

That charity song isn't going #1. Would need a way bigger lead on iTunes than it currently has

We are sure that Mi Gente is not going #1:celestial5:

Will have a pretty big 2nd week drop

Final predictions today? ? 

6 hours ago, alexanderao said:

Why?

because of revenue, you are getting a lot less money from 100m plays on youtube than 100m plays on Spotify

9 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Im not sure why people think it will have zero streaming.  It has over 600k on YouTube, and I suspect that's quite local. Considering the reaction here thst the song even existed, does show support for it being local.

plus it's oni There streaming services. Spotify Puerto Rico donation playlists.

all proceeds from streaming and sales go to the fund, and they made sure streaming donations was mentioned in all the news stories on the song. So it will get some streams with solid sales.

It's 105 on Spotify US :cm:

"Based on preliminary data for the tracking week, "Mi Gente" could draw over 20 million U.S. streams and 40 million in radio audience and reign as the top-selling song of the week (ending Oct. 5) with over 70,000 downloads sold, with the bulk from its Beyonce remix. Prior to the addition of Beyonce, the track ranked at No. 34 on the Oct. 14-dated Digital Song Sales chart (after reaching No. 22), with 15,000 sold in the week ending Sept. 28."

21 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

"Based on preliminary data for the tracking week, "Mi Gente" could draw over 20 million U.S. streams and 40 million in radio audience and reign as the top-selling song of the week (ending Oct. 5) with over 70,000 downloads sold, with the bulk from its Beyonce remix. Prior to the addition of Beyonce, the track ranked at No. 34 on the Oct. 14-dated Digital Song Sales chart (after reaching No. 22), with 15,000 sold in the week ending Sept. 28."

That's around 310 points (200 points for streaming; 70 points for digital sales and 40 points for airplay).

38 minutes ago, Pacaveli said:

That's around 310 points (200 points for streaming; 70 points for digital sales and 40 points for airplay).

Using Simm's formula: 125 points from streaming, 93.3 points from sales and 44.4 points from radio, that's around 263 points overall.

This week will be very interesting. 

So, my predictions (without any deep calculation) are:

1. Bodak Yellow

2. Rockstar 

3. Look What You Made Me Do

4. 01-800...

5. Mi Gente

6. Feel It Still

7. Thunder

8. Sorry Not Sorry

9. Unforgettable

10. Attention/ I Fall Apart / Rake It Up

out of curiosity, with imagine dragons likely doing it again soon, of artists relevant this decade, multiple lead T5s, yet no overall #1:

Ariana - problem/break free/bang/side (4)

David guetta - sexy/without/turn (3)

DJ Snake - let me love you/turn down for what/lean on (3)

Ellie - lights/love me like you do

Fetty wap - trap queen/679

Gym class heroes - cupid/stereo

Imagine dragons - radioactive/believer

Jeremih -birthday/down

Major lazer - lean on/cold water

Nicki - Anaconda/bass/starships/bang (4)

One Direction - beautiful/young/best/drag (4)

OneRepublic - stars/apologize

Psy - gentleman/gangnam

Sam smith - stay with me/only one/goodbyes

Selena gomez - good for you/same old love

Train - jupiter/sis

Twenty One Pilots - stressed/heathens/ride (3)

I presume ID will join 21P.

1 hour ago, Pacaveli said:

@simmnfierzig What do you think of it?

I'm thinking that I don't care about Billboard predictions

12 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

I'm thinking that I don't care about Billboard predictions

:dies:

Hoping for my girl Demi to pull through!  I want a top 5 peak when all Is said and done.

Off-Topic

I love you guys. Swifties, Hive, Kats, Daydreamers, Monsters, Navy, Army, Arianators and all

other fanbases. No matter how many times we have fought and will fight on this forum. Always remember that we are all as one, we are united by our love of pop music, and we should celebrate ATRL as the place where we can be ourselves, meet people like us with same music tastes, and at least in my personal opinion, ATRL is just simply part of my life and I'm grateful for letting me be part of all of this. It's been quite an experience! Be happy, everybody 

(l'm on benzodiazepines right now Btw)

1 minute ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Hoping for my girl Demi to pull through!  I want a top 5 peak when all Is said and done.

Off-Topic

I love you guys. Swifties, Hive, Kats, Daydreamers, Monsters, Navy, Army, Arianators and all

other fanbases. No matter how many times we have fought and will fight on this forum. Always remember that we are all as one, we are united by our love of pop music, and we should celebrate ATRL as the place where we can be ourselves, meet people like us with same music tastes, and at least in my personal opinion, ATRL is just simply part of my life and I'm grateful for letting me be part of all of this. It's been quite an experience! Be happy, everybody 

(l'm on benzodiazepines right now Btw)

:ahh:

Yassssss preach hunny.