Just now, Navyofbadgals said:

he wasn't the only one (sorta) SCRIHM

A mess :dies: and here I was thinking I was being cute

9 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

OuGfa8g.png

by baby z

very minimalistic huh

I love it @thecptz

It truly encapsulates the darkness surrounding the mood of the artist.  The whole picture is a metaphor of how simple we are, yet existing among such a complex structure.  

Daddy is so proud. I cri.

3Zud0Gq.gif

1 minute ago, Queen Conchita said:

Just typing my answers in the form, will be 2 minutes x

Deadline has passed, sorry.

Better luck next time. :hug:

3Zud0Gq.gif

damn fruity snapped

and as expected my stepson twice removed thecptz disappointed

Naamloos.png

by well.. you know who

I don't think this is tragic. You can tell every aspect of it was taken into careful deliberation before executed.

The typeface used is called Engravers (TM) and was handmade by Robert Wiebking and Morris Fuller Benton. This font was released 1899, a period where Art Nouveau was prolific. It was then processed for digital consumption first in 2001 by Monotype. Now, it's a classic and housed by the giant font foundries: LinotypeMonotype and Adobe. This isn't a new and overpriced font-face designed by Microsoft or someone on Deviantart.

The thickness of its stroke is at the median of 3 points in vector. The inside of the font feature curvatures and intricate lines that resemble the aspects Art Nouveau, while the shape and corners remain sharp and geometric like Art Deco. The former artistic movement focused on women displaying their beauty and glamour often criticized for being to provocative. The latter centered on pushing art to be modern, futuristic, and luxurious. 

The font also uses a gradient of warm grays with the lightest color in hexadecimal being, #F3F0E8, and the darkest, #BFB5AC. It imitates the metallic qualities of white gold, reinforcing the influence of Art Deco during its conception. 

This stylistic decision presents Britney as an artist who has evolved with the musical landscape by dabbling in EDM (a genre noted by many critics to be the future of music) with new producers while still remaining the person she established her true self as in 2001 with her eponymous album, Britney.

In regards to the portrait used, it is a still from Britney's Make Me music video. If you observe the Vinyl or high resolution version, you would notice there is a low opacity grain homogenizing the Britney to be almost monochromatic in shades of beige. This decision again alludes back to vintage influences and the aesthetic of Art Deco in fine arts. Britney also smiles in this portrait. The smile is faint and delicate, clearly an allusion to the famous renaissance portrait painting of Mona Lisa. Mona Lisa is also a song Britney lyricized by herself as a response to her independent label, JIVE, denying her creative control of her music. For Glory, she was granted creative control again after her controversial conservatorship reached its peak with Britney Jean. This smile may not seem big and strong but it truly shows her revival and rebirth as an artist, her personal renaissance. 

I understand how many can dislike it. However, there is more to it than a photo with words slapped on it. If you look at the vinyl version in person (which can be purchased at Amazon, Urban Outfitters, and Target) you will truly appreciate its beauty. Everyone is very welcome to quote or ridicule my post and the album's cover, but it won't change the amount of thought and effort the designer(s) contributed towards the conception of this album cover.

what is that text, I was thinking of 

ST’s font and colour look carefully chosen.The font is called Knockout and if from Hoefler & Co., a very renowned and respected typeface foundry, and the price of it starts at $169.00 at the lowest (it could go up to over $1000.00 if licensed for 3 computers). It is not some dafont looking free typeface.The colour is pink, but it’s not quite standard pink, there is a dustiness to it, and almost a touch of purple giving it an almost lavender feeling. It’s by no means a standard swatch pink that takes no consideration.Perhaps you don’t do this for a living, and perhaps you’ve never seen the full Vinyl design for ST where the simplicity and beauty of the design really comes through, but regardless, it’s okay to dislike it, its not going to be to everyone’s tastes, but it’s by no means a tragic cover to be listed in a grouping of poor album covers. You can quote this all you want but it won't change the above facts.Glory isn’t terrible, but its not good at all.

:gaycat2: 

wow so many gorls copied my idea of using paint! be original guys

Only real artists such as the ones in this group would understand such a deep, thought-provoking artwork :clap3:

Just now, Dibbles said:

ST’s font and colour look carefully chosen.The font is called Knockout and if from Hoefler & Co., a very renowned and respected typeface foundry, and the price of it starts at $169.00 at the lowest (it could go up to over $1000.00 if licensed for 3 computers). It is not some dafont looking free typeface.The colour is pink, but it’s not quite standard pink, there is a dustiness to it, and almost a touch of purple giving it an almost lavender feeling. It’s by no means a standard swatch pink that takes no consideration.Perhaps you don’t do this for a living, and perhaps you’ve never seen the full Vinyl design for ST where the simplicity and beauty of the design really comes through, but regardless, it’s okay to dislike it, its not going to be to everyone’s tastes, but it’s by no means a tragic cover to be listed in a grouping of poor album covers. You can quote this all you want but it won't change the above facts.Glory isn’t terrible, but its not good at all.

I wondered if this is the one he was meant to give :ahh:  Why is it talking about Britney 

• ATRL Moderator

:ahh:it's funnier knowing that the text is for the wrong album. screaming

congrats to everyone making it to the top 40 this round!

Spoiler

:'( 

Navy's one is a 'Glory' parody of the BEYONCE one that @ swissman wrote I think :toofunny2: 

3 minutes ago, Fruity said:

I wondered if this is the one he was meant to give :ahh:  Why is it talking about Britney 

oh mess scrihm

I searched all over and couldn't find it and then I saw a long ass post and I thought, got ya :ahh: 

The font also uses a gradient of warm grays with the lightest color in hexadecimal being, #F3F0E8, and the darkest, #BFB5AC. It imitates the metallic qualities of white gold, reinforcing the influence of Art Deco during its conception. 

This stylistic decision presents Britney as an artist who has evolved with the musical landscape by dabbling in EDM (a genre noted by many critics to be the future of music) with new producers while still remaining the person she established her true self as in 2001 with her eponymous album, Britney.

In regards to the portrait used, it is a still from Britney's Make Me music video. If you observe the Vinyl or high resolution version, you would notice there is a low opacity grain homogenizing the Britney to be almost monochromatic in shades of beige. This decision again alludes back to vintage influences and the aesthetic of Art Deco in fine arts. Britney also smiles in this portrait. The smile is faint and delicate, clearly an allusion to the famous renaissance portrait painting of Mona Lisa. Mona Lisa is also a song Britney lyricized by herself as a response to her independent label, JIVE, denying her creative control of her music. For Glory, she was granted creative control again after her controversial conservatorship reached its peak with Britney Jean. This smile may not seem big and strong but it truly shows her revival and rebirth as an artist, her personal renaissance. 

I understand how many can dislike it. However, there is more to it than a photo with words slapped on it. If you look at the vinyl version in person (which can be purchased at Amazon, Urban Outfitters, and Target) you will truly appreciate its beauty. Everyone is very welcome to quote or ridicule my post and the album's cover, but it won't change the amount of thought and effort the designer(s) contributed towards the conception of this album cover.

Screaming at this

7 minutes ago, Dibbles said:

This is what I thought of as well :ahh: 

2 minutes ago, Navyofbadgals said:

congrats to everyone making it to the top 40 this round!

Reveal hidden contents

:'( 

Eaux wow. Foreshadowing to the actual Grammy ratings? :eek: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.