BLACKPINK

2NE1Kmagic

6 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Jisoo has a personality? No shade, I don't really keep up.

She does! She's incredibly funny and good at keeping the energy up. I think she's essential for Blackpink for whenever they go on variety shows. Rose also does a good job with variety. I'm certain that's why the pair of them did Radio Star together recently.

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• M-P-B

• WeFoundWill

• 2NE1Kmagic

• Lalisa

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Rae said:

Thank you very much! I was able to track sales up to this point, but I know sales from Boombayah and Stay haven't moved for awhile presumably because they are no longer in the top 100 and I'm guessing we won't be able to know if they increase anymore? I'm sure they are increasing, at least a bit, we just don't know by how much.

It's easier for BOOMBAYAH since it still charts in the monthly charts and you can add the totals like that.

But Stay... :rip:

Question: I know Rosé was born in NZ and raised in Melbourne, but did she learn Korean when she became a trainee or did she speak it to her parents? 

Btw, I'm always shocked that Jennie's English sounds really natural even though she learned it through the experience in NZ as an exchange student :clap3:. Initially I thought she has only been born in SK.

10 minutes ago, Guero said:

It's easier for BOOMBAYAH since it still charts in the monthly charts and you can add the totals like that.

But Stay... :rip:

Oh hopefully it'll be on the monthly chart again and I can have a look! Thank you!

omg poor Stay. I actually really love this song, but the general public was not here for it. It's impressive the video has over 30 million views despite the fact that it didn't sell all that well.

9 minutes ago, Guero said:

@Dontwantfun I'm not sure. Perhaps her parents kept her fluent while in Australia and she studied it more in once she moved to Korea in 2012 after her audition for YG. 

I remember Rosé once said that when she started her training, Jennie was the one to explain everything to her in English, so I believe that, at best, she was in some intermediate level in Korean. I wonder if she can speak it well right now, sometimes it seems she's not confident speaking it. 

3 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

I'm glad Stay is flopping.

Hopefully they learned their lesson and never release anything like that ever again!

lmao they surely won't or if they do it'll just be some album track and not a single. Of course that's assuming they will ever have an album. I'm glad I at least got one song like Stay!

Um bye Stay is great. It might be last ranking their current singles but it's still good, especially compared to some other kpop trash released last year.

1 minute ago, Dontwantfun said:

I remember Rosé once said that when she started her training, Jennie was the one to explain everything to her in English, so I believe that, at best, she was in some intermediate level in Korean. I wonder if she can speak it well right now, sometimes it seems she's not confident speaking it. 

This would explain why Jisoo and Jennie speak the most when they do varieties/V-apps.

6 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

I'm glad Stay is flopping.

Hopefully they learned their lesson and never release anything like that ever again!

This tbh. I mean I was ready for their Lonely but Stay just ain't it.

6 minutes ago, Goten21 said:

They better STOP giving Rosé sweathers that go all the way up her neck :biblio:

!!!

even though she rocks them they're ugly as **** :biblio:

Just now, Rae said:

lmao they surely won't or if they do it'll just be some album track and not a single. Of course that's assuming they will ever have an album. I'm glad I at least got one song like Stay!

I don't think they'll completely steer clear of ballads, YG always allows his acts to promote ballads as singles.

Hopefully the next time around it's a Missing You/IIWY kind of song

Stay is umm kinda meh. its just there.

I dont really think they're suited well for ballads. Maybe a more electronic uptempo ballad next time?

Something like 2NE1s I Love You.

Edited by Kid A
Just now, Halnin said:

All this Jennie talk. :cupid:

Can we all take some time to appreciate Queen Lisa?

A multitalented QUEEN ahhh my fave :jonny3:

3 minutes ago, T-Swizz said:

I don't think they'll completely steer clear of ballads, YG always allows his acts to promote ballads as singles.

Hopefully the next time around it's a Missing You/IIWY kind of song

In my opinion, they haven't even really done a ballad yet. Stay is not full on ballad. it gets too bouncy.

Guys this is definitely not hate, but I think the cute act is not them at all. It's really just what they give to the media. It's a simple formula that's been done by Britney, Hyuna, and really a lot of people, honestly. Act fierce on stage, cute off it. 

The reason I can definitely tell is from the way they all laughed when Rosé started acting cute on Weekly Idol, and how they all just seemed uncomfortable with their own behaviour

Don't be fooled because these girls have been trained for a VERY long time, and part of trainee's training is PR training: they've been trained to act the way they do. That's all. I'm saying this because I've seen lots of people defend them for their behaviour with the argument "That's just how they are!", but that's obviously not how they actually are lol. That's just personas. Sorry if this comment is annoying but I feel like some people definitely needed a reminder (not necessarily on here though, it's just kind of a general rant)

I wish YG pulled a Red Velvet and added Jinny Park to BP so the choreography could be harder. We would need to discard Jisoo though 

ZKgQMVG.gif

Uhm girl they're just super shy, it'll go away when they get used to being on TV. :rip:

If you're talking about doing 'aegyo' on shows, that's just a thing in the industry.

Edited by Selenurr
6 minutes ago, Halnin said:

All this Jennie talk. :cupid:

Can we all take some time to appreciate Queen Lisa?

My fav! I bought the Blackpink Channel+ or whatever it is on vapp and she's hardly posted lol. So I hope she gets more comfortable with the language/talking to fans soon so we can learn more about her.