Kylie Minogue

Cupid

Sweet Music is my favorite non single track of Body Language. So ****ing fresh. :jonny: 

Edited by DoubleDutchess
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cupid

• HonourableVomit

• RT Air

• Rocket

Red Blooded Woman is kind of derivative but the b-sides that era make me drip a bit. Slo Motion totally should've replaced After Dark as a closing track.

2 minutes ago, Subomie said:

Red Blooded Woman is kind of derivative but the b-sides that era make me drip a bit. Slo Motion totally should've replaced After Dark as a closing track.

they're both really fantastic, why not both? :celestial5:

The second half of Body Language is less poppy but I think it's great for the mood it sets, then After Dark comes out at the end and kind of... I don't wanna say ruin but it definitely ends it. She would be a cute b-side to Chocolate tho.

Almost a Lover and City Games are both 10/10 too but idk if they'd fit on the album proper. 

ELECTRAHEARTPOP
2 hours ago, Hyun. said:

Body Language is SUCH an era, some of her best songs are in there too :jonny3:

Right? A collection of some of her best bopTs. :jonny:

Edited by ELECTRAHEARTPOP
ELECTRAHEARTPOP
Just now, Hyun. said:

Slow, Chocolate, Red Blooded Woman, Still Standing, Secret, After Dark

whew :jonny:

Don't forget Sweet Music. :jonny:

8 minutes ago, ELECTRAHEARTPOP said:

Don't forget Sweet Music. :jonny:

tea, even the b-sides are flawfree :jonny:

plus she was serving visuals

Image result for kylie body languageImage result for kylie body language

Image result for kylie body languageImage result for kylie body language

:jonny2:

Petty Bourgeoisie

FINALLY some Body Slaynguage appreciation! :jonny: One of my favorite albums of all time.

Until this month I was strictly a post-2000 stan except for PYIMP and Breathe :skull: but I've recently rediscovered SOOO many early- and mid-90s bops that for some reason just hadn't clicked with me before. Woo my Kylie playlist grew to 107 songs. :gaycat:

Here's what I picked up this month:

All the singles from Rhythm Of Love :rip:

Step Back In Time (Walkin' Rhythm Mix)

Give Me Just A Little More Time (12" Version)

Do You Dare (NRG Edit)

Finer Feelings (Brothers In Rhythm 7" Mix)

The best song of all time What Kind Of Fool and the amazing Tech No Logical Mix

Confide In Me

Where Is The Feeling?

Dangerous Game

Where Has The Love Gone? (the song I'm singing in my avi tbh)

Time Will Pass You By

Put Yourself In My Place (Dan's Old Skool Mix) (I already stanned the album version for years)

Nothing Can Stop Us

Cowboy Style

So Now Goodbye

Put Your Hands Up (If You Feel Love) (Pete Hammond Remix)

2/3 of Body Language just feels so same-y to me. Like outside of the flaw-free singles (Chocolate Album vers >>>) and Secret, they all feel so similar. However, the b-sides and unreleased tracks are fantastic.

I'm digging the love for Sweet Music, what a tune it is. I've got to put in a word for Obsession too, often overlooked but it's a killer track. It's simple, but it's absolutely hypnotizing with supreme vocals - definitely top shelf Kylie.

I'm not saying there aren't legitimate reasons to dislike Body Language (though I can't think of any), but most of the time I notice that the haters are people who say they listened to it like once or twice ten years ago :eyes: 

A grower of an album.

X is truly her best album (although I've only listened from a Fever on). It's also her first album that I ever listened to and became a stan for. All I See was done so wrong.

Her albums have real hits and misses outside of X though. Some of Body Language is absolutely unlistenable.