Frequently asked questions... Read more... ×

1,425 posts in this topic

Watch it be "Kylie Christmas (Snow Queen's Sophomore Year Edition)" :rip:

I just want her to do at least one show on the west coast of the USA. :weeps:

Australian QUEEN. snatching wigs from left to right since 1988

Let me actually be active in this base. And start by saying: Aphrodite and X may both be a little half baked but they are her most engaging listens in many ways.

X is one of my fave Kylie albums because it is the first of hers I discovered. I was pretty closed off from music that extended past DisneyMania until I was like 13, and then one my old MySpace friends showed me X and I was enamored. Didn't get around to listening to the rest of her discography until Aphrodite came out. I love ha and desperately want to see her live and meet her.

Every time she releases it seems like we get a bunch of new fans, loads from the X era, Aphro and even a few.... KMO converts.

Exciting though!

Just now, Cupid said:

Legend tweeted about #WomensMarch :clap3: 

So where is her collab with Thalía? You led me astray! 

Just now, Porygon2z said:

So where is her collab with Thalía? You led me astray! 

Where is anything... we're in a dry patch... she's recorded loads of things and we're just waiting for 'em all.

Just now, Cupid said:

Where is anything... we're in a dry patch... she's recorded loads of things and we're just waiting for 'em all.

Well, Thalía is back in the studio, she Instagramed it. I just heard the rumors again last week of her Kylie collab, hopefully it's true cuz all of these waits :gaycat5:

X is really good if you change up the tracklist. Aphrodite is half-baked but has highlights. Body Language is her most same-y sounding album, if it was more diverse in terms of production it'd be the best of the 2000s, but because it was rushed by Parlo, Fever snatches the title of most engaging listen, for me personally. 

Funny story, I ordered the Australian version of Fever, with the original mix of Tightrope as a bonus track, a few weeks ago. I finally got around to opening it up and playing it, for it to be a bootleg version of Fever (Fever + Bonus) that has the original 12 tracks (including the original mix of CIMW), and then Light Years (well, Spinning Around through So Now Goodbye) tacked on at the end :skull:

I think a lot of X sounds better live, tbh. In some places it needed more work, and in other places it was overproduced - but it's nothing if not interesting and has some of her best Parlophone tracks.

Aphrodite is far more mature and though, yes, some of it is a little half baked, so much of it is cohesive and a gorgeous little listen. I also highly recommend the Bimbo Jones mix of Better Than Today.

Body Language up to and including Chocolate is literally one masterpiece after another. After that is when it should have changed up a bit but instead just got more and more samey. But it still has her best single of this century - Slow - so it kind of still remains close to my heart.

While ATRL was down, my Rhythm of Love and Let's Get To It box sets came in :duca:

Goddess of Pop is always playing on VH1's 00's music! There isn't a time when you tune in, and Spinning Around or CGYOOMH aren't playing :gaycat5:

6 minutes ago, Quicksand said:

While ATRL was down, my Rhythm of Love and Let's Get To It box sets came in :duca:

Yaaaas sis! How much did you get them for?

3 minutes ago, BYoncé said:

Yaaaas sis! How much did you get them for?

They were £30 each plus £25 for shipping, so it ended up being £85 which equaled out to $104! A lot cheaper than when they were first released!

She was recording with Robbie right? was it for xmas tho cus I don't want him near another Kylie album. Hard enough to defend Light Years as is.

3 minutes ago, Subomie said:

She was recording with Robbie right? was it for xmas tho cus I don't want him near another Kylie album. Hard enough to defend Light Years as is.

It was for one of his own records, the song is called Disco Symphony 

The First Version of Locomotion was released in 1987

So 30 Years of amazing Videos Sis! AMAZING 

I really hate that X has way too many track listings. I usually get the one with the most songs, but King or Queen and I Don't Know What It Is on the Japan edition is better than the other like 12 song options.