Alena's Secret: Ep 6: SOON

Alena

14 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Threadban LovaticSwiftie and Dom please.

dsxKYwR.png

Here for this

dsxKYwR.png

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kavish

• Loyalty

• Alena

• K$Ellie

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kavish said:

Fillerdale wishes it was as iconic and popular as Ugly Betty.

Threadban LovaticSwiftie and Dom please.

dsxKYwR.png

Honestly im kinda pressed its still on :skull: 

It takes a certain amount of intelligence to truly understand the symbolism of Ugly Betty, for the title and its representation itself is a metaphor of humanity's mindset.  For you see, the show is about a girl deemed 'ugly' by society, and how that same world perceives her as beautiful in the end.  It's a message of how people should accept each other's differences to have a beautiful world.  Ugly Betty graced our television in a conservative time, and tackled issues that are only now being brought to light by annoying SJWs.  So you can imagine the shock value back then, of showcasing an underage homosexual kid's struggles, as well as a transgender character which fueled talk show's debates for weeks.  The immigrant problem of the lead's father still rings true in today's border issues, and having such a cast of diverse background, be it race, sexuality, and what have you, was really a breath of fresh air back then.

You may perceive it as light comedy, but the viewers truly embraced the show for its underlying notions of dark humor and meaning of life.  Amanda singing "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours" in a very important and dramatic scene of the series truly accentuates the creativity of the writers.  They were being subtly philosophical, showing that no matter how hard your life is, you can always cheer up.  And that's what Ugly Betty did. In a time where Republicans ruled, that show highlighted all the issues being faced by the people, and at the same time brought a smile to their faces.  

We can totally picture Regional Manager Mr. Roosevelt holding a presentation on "Ugly Betty" as he visits a high school to talk about the ups and downs of life that the teenagers go through, and will go through.  In this case, the show is used so that they can connect to the characters, because there is a character to resonate to every person, be it Hilda struggling to find a stable passion and job, Daniel's father holding him in lower esteem than his sibling, or Claire dealing with old age.  As Mr. Roosevelt is speaking however, you have Brian, also known as Brian_Del_Rey on Tumblr, who is bored in the audience.  Brian is the type of student who visits the "Folklore" section of libraries, and while his friends are discussing their favorite mainstream shows like American Horror Story or Rupaul's Drag Race, Brian is like "I am so obsessed with Riverdale" and his friends are like "What is that?"  Then Brian feels very happy that no one else knows his underground show, and feels very edgy and cool.  However, when you watch Fillerdale, you realize that it is just a show that has stolen bits and pieces from other more popular shows that deal with such subjects, and is completely devoid of originality or importance like Ugly Betty.

So you can understand why someone like LovaticSwiftie, who has "Member" written on his  "Member Title", and has a picture of a male (maybe himself) - something which is very out of the norm on ATRL, would save a show like Fillerdale over the others.

dsxKYwR.png

1 minute ago, Kavish said:

It takes a certain amount of intelligence to truly understand the symbolism of Ugly Betty, for the title and its representation itself is a metaphor of humanity's mindset.  For you see, the show is about a girl deemed 'ugly' by society, and how that same world perceives her as beautiful in the end.  It's a message of how people should accept each other's differences to have a beautiful world.  Ugly Betty graced our television in a conservative time, and tackled issues that are only now being brought to light by annoying SJWs.  So you can imagine the shock value back then, of showcasing an underage homosexual kid's struggles, as well as a transgender character which fueled talk show's debates for weeks.  The immigrant problem of the lead's father still rings true in today's border issues, and having such a cast of diverse background, be it race, sexuality, and what have you, was really a breath of fresh air back then.

You may perceive it as light comedy, but the viewers truly embraced the show for its underlying notions of dark humor and meaning of life.  Amanda singing "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like it's better than yours" in a very important and dramatic scene of the series truly accentuates the creativity of the writers.  They were being subtly philosophical, showing that no matter how hard your life is, you can always cheer up.  And that's what Ugly Betty did. In a time where Republicans ruled, that show highlighted all the issues being faced by the people, and at the same time brought a smile to their faces.  

We can totally picture Regional Manager Mr. Roosevelt holding a presentation on "Ugly Betty" as he visits a high school to talk about the ups and downs of life that the teenagers go through, and will go through.  In this case, the show is used so that they can connect to the characters, because there is a character to resonate to every person, be it Hilda struggling to find a stable passion and job, Daniel's father holding him in lower esteem than his sibling, or Claire dealing with old age.  As Mr. Roosevelt is speaking however, you have Brian, also known as Brian_Del_Rey on Tumblr, who is bored in the audience.  Brian is the type of student who visits the "Folklore" section of libraries, and while his friends are discussing their favorite mainstream shows like American Horror Story or Rupaul's Drag Race, Brian is like "I am so obsessed with Riverdale" and his friends are like "What is that?"  Then Brian feels very happy that no one else knows his underground show, and feels very edgy and cool.  However, when you watch Fillerdale, you realize that it is just a show that has stolen bits and pieces from other more popular shows that deal with such subjects, and is completely devoid of originality or importance like Ugly Betty.

So you can understand why someone like LovaticSwiftie, who has "Member" written on his  "Member Title", and has a picture of a male (maybe himself) - something which is very out of the norm on ATRL, would save a show like Fillerdale over the others.

dsxKYwR.png

Facts only :clap3:

39 minutes ago, Kavish said:

dsxKYwR.png

Same

dsxKYwR.png

1 hour ago, Kavish said:

Wow, that is just rude and it really hurts to read something like this and seeing people agreeing in here. 

I just love Riverdale. That's all. But if it will you guys happy, I will stop voting in any of these rates.

Edited by LovaticSwiftie

1 minute ago, LovaticSwiftie said:

Wow, that is just rude and it really hurts to read something like this and seeing people agreeing in here. 

I just love Riverdale. That's all. But if it will you guys happy, I will stop voting in any of these rates.

Mess, we are all joking.  :skull:

Sardonic humor is pretty rampant around here, but I understand how it may seem serious to someone who doesn't frequent Games that often or play in tournaments that much.  Of course we want you here.  It's all games and fun, don't worry.  :hug: 

Kavish being a bully? Pretends to be shocked :-x

Just now, K$Ellie said:

Kavish being a bully? Pretends to be shocked :-x

I know right, he came for me after voting out that disgusting show GOT too :-$

Just now, Kathlen said:

He called me fat one time, I still haven't gotten over it :foot:

@Kavish stanning Drag Race AND Sharon Needles?
Talent ONLEE

dsxKYwR.png

EDIT : nvm just read this page, he is a BULLY and needs to be stopped

Edited by PinkBox

2 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Talent ONLEE

dsxKYwR.png

Remember when we watched it together in Dubtrack. <3

Then you got obese and I stopped chatting with you.

dsxKYwR.png

6 minutes ago, Kathlen said:

4 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

C4rT6xuWQAA0MKB.jpg

On 31/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, Kavish said:

Ludicrous how Fillerdale and that reality show which caters to the lower class are Top 5.

But not surprised.

5 minutes ago, PinkBox said:

Talent ONLEE

dsxKYwR.png

He called it a reality show that caters to the lower class tho

tumblr_inline_oxa9n06hasau.png

Edited by Kathlen

3 minutes ago, Kavish said:

Then you got obese and I stopped chatting with you.

1 minute ago, Kathlen said:

He called it a reality show that caters to the lower class tho

7 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

2 minutes ago, Kavish said:

C4rT6xuWQAA0MKB.jpg

a BULLY

Disgusted, but unfortunately, not surprised

dsxKYwR.png

Kavish getting exposed for having bad taste and bullying people

C4rT6xuWQAA0MKB.jpg

Just now, PinkBox said:

a BULLY

Disgusted, but unfortunately, not surprised

dsxKYwR.png

Pot calling the kettle black?

Color me surprised.

dsxKYwR.png

8 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

Kavish getting exposed for having bad taste and bullying people

C4rT6xuWQAA0MKB.jpg

5 hours ago, K$Ellie said:

Here for this

dsxKYwR.png

1 hour ago, K$Ellie said:

Same

dsxKYwR.png

dsxKYwR.png

6 minutes ago, Kavish said:

dsxKYwR.png

I didn't even read that essay

2 minutes ago, K$Ellie said:

I didn't even read that essay

A "I agree with the terms and conditions" tea, but you agreed nonetheless.

K$illie.

dsxKYwR.png

Just now, Kavish said:

A "I agree with the terms and conditions" tea, but you agreed nonetheless.

K$illie.

dsxKYwR.png

I'm illiterate

dsxKYwR.png

2 minutes ago, Kavish said:

We know.

That's why I am not friends with you.

dsxKYwR.png

You look (and smell) like a foot

Just now, K$Ellie said:

You look (and smell) like a foot

My foot smells like peaches because I am a very hygienic person.

But yours STINK because you never shower.

This is why you stan Shower by Becky G because it compensates for your lack of bathroom habits.

dsxKYwR.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.