Royal Culture

Selena Gomez

Godly
1 minute ago, Yusuf Utku Sezgin said:

:rip: i cant believe selena is barely on it despite releasing an album

It's not like it did much for her though. She's not out, has not been attending any event, barely online. She's not felt as "present" imo

J.Lo and Shakira had the huge exposure of the Super Bowl, Billie and Ariana are consistently popular already but they were everywhere in the Grammy's week and Ariana has had two high-profile collabs + is in a new relationship, Adele's skinny pics made headlines everywhere, Gaga had her entire era laid out this year, etc.

Sansa
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Godly said:

It's not like it did much for her though. She's not out, has not been attending any event, barely online. She's not felt as "present" imo

I agree and that's a huge problem imo. idk if her team realizes that she's is going to lose her relevance if she continues that way. Her manager has only managed actors before and for actors it's normal to disappear and only come back when they have a movie to promote. They are everywhere for a couple of weeks during movie release and award's season and then they disappear again but with popstars it's different. You have to keep people interested in you or they move on to the next girl. The worst is that Selena wasn't even present during her album release lol like she was barely online and it hardly made a difference to when she wasn on a break with no album out. She's still a hot topic and people are interested in things that involve her so if she was just a bit more active she'd be back at her peak but I'm afraid she's not going to do that. I wish her social media accounts would be as fun and active like during and before Revival and same with candids serving looks like during Revival era. She also needs to post on Facebook. Her page is the most liked among her peers but she hasn't used it in years and she needs to tweet more non pr tweets and selfies. If she wants her beauty brand to do well too she'll need to show herself more and serve looks while doing so.

I hope her cooking show goes viral. I'm so excited because people will get to see her cute personality and hopefully it will encourage her to work more and show herself more. I saw a list of how many subscribers all the streaming platforms have and Netflix is obviously number one but all the rest are sooooo small in comparison to Netflix and HBO is still very low since it's very new so I hope fans will work hard to share the clips online and get people to see them.

EDIT:

I feel like if Selena's cooking show is a hit it could gain her a new audience like older people who aren't her usual demographic. All the soccer moms who watch her cooking show may check out her album lol. Also if the critics love it she may get even an Emmy nomination. The Daytime Emmys have a category for culinary shows.

Speaking of Emmys, is it true that Netflix nor Selena have submitted the docu show about immigrants? I wonder why they didn't do that. Even if they thought it won't have a chance it wouldn't hurt to try. Even Bieber's team has submitted his reality show despite it getting bad reviews. My guess is that they didn't want to submit it because they did the show for the message not awards but getting nominated gives the show more exposure too so that reason makes no sense then.

Edited by Sansa

jxbuggie
43 minutes ago, Sansa said:

I hope her cooking show goes viral. I'm so excited because people will get to see her cute personality and hopefully it will encourage her to work more and show herself more. I saw a list of how many subscribers all the streaming platforms have and Netflix is obviously number one but all the rest are sooooo small in comparison to Netflix and HBO is still very low since it's very new so I hope fans will work hard to share the clips online and get people to see them.

EDIT:

I feel like if Selena's cooking show is a hit it could gain her a new audience like older people who aren't her usual demographic. All the soccer moms who watch her cooking show may check out her album lol. Also if the critics love it she may get even an Emmy nomination. The Daytime Emmys have a category for culinary shows.

About the cooking show, do you know if HBO releases only 1 episode weekly or everything at once like Netflix?

Her presence for Rare is pretty much moot point at this point. I really wonder how they are going to market Rare beauty.

SelenaTheWinner

Sansa
4 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

About the cooking show, do you know if HBO releases only 1 episode weekly or everything at once like Netflix?

Her presence for Rare is pretty much moot point at this point. I really wonder how they are going to market Rare beauty.

I don't know. I haven't watched any of the HBO shows. Maybe it will be a weekly thing since the woman from HBO only teased the first episode so far. She said in the first episode Selena is making a souffle and some french chef will be her guest.

Don't worry about the marketing for Rare Beauty. The people involved seem to be experts and even Aleen deals better with brands than music and acting lol. But she should put some effort and post selfies more often and post them on Facebook and Twitter too. 

She has been working for the past weeks according to the inside account and they said she was going to work this week too but had to cancel because of the alleged fall. I wonder what she was working for, if it's for Rare Beauty, the cooking show or something else. She's silent for a long time then drops all the projects at once lol

Sad Serenade
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, SelenaTheWinner said:

i miss this era :heart: The energy, the visuals, the performances they were all perfect.

(except the lack of multiple singles and Sad serenade snubbed. :cries:)

Edited by Sad Serenade

SelenaTheWinner
Just now, Sad Serenade said:

i miss this era :heart: The energy, the visuals, the performances they were all perfect.

(except the lack of multiple singles and Sad serenade snubbed. :cries:)

<3 

jxbuggie
2 hours ago, Sansa said:

I don't know. I haven't watched any of the HBO shows. Maybe it will be a weekly thing since the woman from HBO only teased the first episode so far. She said in the first episode Selena is making a souffle and some french chef will be her guest.

Don't worry about the marketing for Rare Beauty. The people involved seem to be experts and even Aleen deals better with brands than music and acting lol. But she should put some effort and post selfies more often and post them on Facebook and Twitter too. 

She has been working for the past weeks according to the inside account and they said she was going to work this week too but had to cancel because of the alleged fall. I wonder what she was working for, if it's for Rare Beauty, the cooking show or something else. She's silent for a long time then drops all the projects at once lol

Oh alright and true about the experts, I just looked at NYX and Hourglass Instagram page and they look really nice and professional.

Souvenir

her best instrumental along with wolves chile 

SelenaTheWinner
12 minutes ago, Yusuf Utku Sezgin said:

Fact. 

Sad Serenade

this picture :heart:

jxbuggie

For the cooking show I believe that I found all the chefs she will be cooking with. Also seems like the episodes will air on August 13th.

SelenaTheWinner

jxbuggie

aquababy
4 hours ago, Yusuf Utku Sezgin said:

2 hours ago, Sad Serenade said:

this picture :heart:

I know she doesn’t claim it but the stars dance era makes me so nostalgic, I can’t believe it’s been seven years :heart2: also write your name, undercover, and the title track >>>

20 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

I’m excited for this! Apparently it was shot on an iPhone so I’m curious to see how that’ll work

jxbuggie

Iphone maybe but I remember seeing an Instagram pic of her place and there was small crew outside but near the kitchen so it will still look professional.

SelenaTheWinner

TheLuckyOnes

For the love of god interscope, update the certifications :rip:

Sad Serenade
1 hour ago, TheLuckyOnes said:

For the love of god interscope, update the certifications :rip:

she is so undercertified 

aquababy

manifesting this as the next droplet :duca:

****Selena
23 hours ago, jxbuggie said:

ugly ass name

jxbuggie
Posted (edited)

They should just it on vod on streaming by selling it to Netflix or Amazon. I don't think it will make much since theaters won't be at full capacity for quite some time.

I wonder if a Blackpink collab is possible. They are both on the same label, she likes their music, same with them. She's also trying to grow in Asia it seems.

Edited by jxbuggie

****Selena
27 minutes ago, jxbuggie said:

They should just it on vod on streaming by selling it to Netflix or Amazon. I don't think it will make much since theaters won't be at full capacity for quite some time.

I wonder if a Blackpink collab is possible. They are both on the same label, she likes their music, same with them. She's also trying to grow in Asia it seems.

I love both Selena and Blackpink but that's never going to happen, nor it would sound good 

jxbuggie
2 hours ago, ****Selena said:

I love both Selena and Blackpink but that's never going to happen, nor it would sound good 

Hmm, I only listened to one of their songs. I guess their styles are different idk maybe once upon when her voice was pop.

jxbuggie

Do you guys remember this project, it went to A24.