Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverie

• jdmc219

• Rocket

• Pecinta Mariah

• ATRL Moderator
9 minutes ago, Reverie said:

First of all it's a ****ing miracle I managed to actually center the video

Congratulations. I still can't figure it out.

Pecinta Mariah
2 minutes ago, Tasty said:

Taste! WYC is so dramatic and full of beautiful vocals I love it.

especially for some1 like me who has long ass distance relationship, I can relate :weeps:

4 minutes ago, Costa said:

did you forget me? Fly Away was also #12 on my list

Oops! Sorry I forgot to add you to tags, your submission was counted though :heart2: 

1 minute ago, Ventitonic said:

TBSJ: The Babydoll Stans For Justice will ensure its safety

It's just the gurls being salty

tumblr_mh5i7clTxg1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

allure97-5.jpg

on no baby girl what is you doing, both are masterpieces k thanks

Babydoll and Fourth July BETTER be the highest ranked album tracks or else...

can't remember if I ranked FOJ the second highest album track though, I might have done it for WYC to help it out... :rip: 

Edited by nikkysan

NaFMSFf.png

ZLM4pb8.png

Avg Rank: 8.98

I admittedly heard Mariah’s cover years before stumbling upon the original, which only served to make Prince’s version that much more life changing when I did hear it. That’s not to say Mariah’s approach, a slowly simmered R&B jam with the slightest of fluctuations until gently bubbling into a climax, is entirely without merit. Perhaps in a world where Prince failed to conceive the song first, The Beautiful Ones would be a favorite among the fans. But as things stand now Prince’s take, with its unbridled longing and sheer desperation whose intensity can only be translated through bloodcurdling shrieks of desire, remains unmatched, and it seems most of you agreed.

Stans (1st Place) – @Alison Carey

Almost Stans (2nd Place)

Almost Haters (11th Place)@Ace Reject, @Actorguy21, @americanlife, @BraveNewSeth, @conatus, @DancingShoes, @Impala, @Ivory., @JessLM, @Kylie Minogue, @Marq, @Pecinta Mariah, Reverie, @sk8erfan, @Soda Pop Queen, @Subomie, @TheDreamer, @Witch Privilege

Haters (12th Place) @cloudbusting, @DoubleDutchess, @DTF, @GlitterfiedCyrus, @HAPPI•LIL•PILL, @killer_rose, @Lachlan, @jacklovesyou1, @Luminescent, Mariah Carey♛, @Mincy, @minho, @MirrorcleMonster, @Nightingale, @noonbob, @overdramatic, @Pikachoo, @Pop culture, @StonedSoulPicnic, @Quicksand, @Tetris, @valinaer, @Ventitonic, @Vilppu, @Zaynsus

Comments

Babydoll. - UNDERRATED. The fact its not solo is why its kinda low. 

cloudbusting - this is why prince is ****ing dead

Contrail - Too goddamn long and for why

DTF -  she should've done a better Prince song. This is so boring. 

Pop culture - Awfully done cover, ruined a classic. She should've listened to it before releasing it.

Subomie - I quite liked this for a while, as uneven and laborous as it is at times, but as soon as I got into Prince and his original I could never play this song all the way through again. Mariah has good taste in music, as evident by this album, but on the other songs she at least interpolates them well or turns them into magic. This is only ok.

honestly it's underrated! It's so long so that might hurt it a bit and it did tale a while to grow on me, but it's a masterful cover. However, there are better ones on the album. 

2 minutes ago, Orpheus said:

Proof that fans do a better job than ha team??

My thoughts exactly.

1gEtxgv.jpg?1

2 minutes ago, nikkysan said:

Babydoll and Fourth July BETTER be the highest ranked album tracks or else...

I think we have the same top two ! :heart2: