20 Years of the GOAT: The Definitive Butterfly Ranking

Reverie

19 minutes ago, Reverie said:

The Definitive Butterfly Rate:

Lyrics Edition

#1 - The Roof

xQVuR8Y.gif

Average Ranking: 3.2

Angry? Relieved? Confused? Is this a premonition for the future? Only time will tell 

Talent always wins. Not my top 3 but I can live with that. Now imagine if The Beautiful Ones were the winner.

RnLa8ZE.gif

Edited by DoubleDutchess
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reverie

• jdmc219

• Rocket

• Pecinta Mariah

Death On Two Legs
2 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Please hold tight, we have a rather large number of #12 positions to tag

Feel free to start guessing

Lol!

giphy.gif

Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise)

2 minutes ago, nikkysan said:

Show no mercy to these ugly Babygod haters

1gEtxgv.jpg?1

Not today, I'm out for blood sis ! 

Have you arrived ? What're you wearing ??

1gEtxgv.jpg?1

Pecinta Mariah
2 minutes ago, Lachlan said:

If TBO is not the first song out...

probably not but it won't make it to top 10, I hope

K6oQiqX.png

eKkkM7Z.png

Avg Rank: 9.86

If Butterfly is the fairytale happy ending that the imprisoned Mariah daydreamed of in her most miserable of days, Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise) is the exhilarating climax in which she is running for the hills and making her escape. For some, the “House freedom anthem” may seem too perfect a trope - to the point of being generic - but Fly Away actually originated the title track, and it makes perfect sense. There are few moments in the entirety of Mariah’s career as thrilling or awe-inspiring. She levels her voice to a crucial whisper as the tambourine starts to kick in, yet you can hear it dripping with anticipation. This is a woman who can barely believe the audacity of her actions, nearly intoxicated on her own excitement but still shaking off those final strands of apprehension before taking off. Make no mistake about it, this song is Mariah’s and no one else’s.

Stans (1st Place)@DTF

Almost Stans (2nd Place)

Almost Haters (11th Place)@Auburn, @Babydoll., @DancingShoes, @digitaldistortion, @Fantasea, @GenieBaby, @GlitterfiedCyrus, @HAPPI•LIL•PILL, @♛Mariah Carey♛, @mariahcarey, @MarinaKal, @Million, @Mincy, @minho, @nikkysan, @Quicksand, @Redamancy, @RicanoRuben, @Rocket, @valinaer

Haters (12th Place) @Actorguy21, @americanlife, @beans, @BraveNewSeth, @Buyonce1814, @conatus, @Covergirl, @dreamloverfantasy, @Dylobs, @ECNEICSNOC, @enxe, @feelslikeadream, @Halien4Life, @Ivory., @JessLM, @Legacy, @KLatz, @Kylie Minogue, @Marq, @maurixrosup, @Neptune, @OpenBacardi, @paulyyyozd, @Pecinta Mariah, @Pepo, @Pristine, @samseacrest, @Satin, @SeanET, @sk8erfan, @stevyy, @Superiore, @Taste of Honey, @TheDreamer, @Tigre, @Tom Vercetti, @vipanonymous, @Wicked, @Witch Privilege, @Woo

Comments

DTF - she sounds her best when she lets her voice loose all over house beats…it's ethereal and rapturous all at once, fusing the power of gospel with a good danceable beat. It's the best kind of babymaking music.

enxe - It will be the first one to be eliminated anyway, so why waste a higher spot for it. :fan: 

Pop culture - Eargasmic house/experimental track. The remixes are literally ecstasy in musical form.

Subomie - Amazing, a totally different approach to the song that might even eclipse the original. The actual effort Mariah placed in her remixes was always evident. The fact that we never got a full dance and club centric Mariah album during the '90s is one of the greatest tragedies of our time. At least The Remixes is a cute collection, better than some of the albums it took songs from. 

feelslikeadream
15 minutes ago, Reverie said:

Also we WILL be taking our time with this section of the rate

1) There's a ****LOAD of comments and people to tag and formatting is a bitch so that will be taking me a while

2) Everyone had a LOT to say and they're all equally worth your time, so don't ignore anyone's honest writeups that came from the heart! Get your reading glasses out cuz the library is open

So you're doing a rate but didn't format results ahead of time to make sure things ran smoothly and in a timely manner? OK.

tumblr_mh5i7clTxg1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

• ATRL Moderator
29 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

Awww, Close My Eyes was my #1 in lyrics. "Maybe I grew up a little too soon" is probably my favorite Mariah lyric. So simple, but so honest and it GETS you. Ah

That's such a real moment for her.

First of all it's a ****ing miracle I managed to actually center the video

Second of all @DTF I'm sorry

Third of all Mariah Carey♛ I love you sis but I'm gonna be a grandpa before I can successfully tag you, and I hate kids

• ATRL Moderator
24 minutes ago, Reverie said:

#2 - Breakdown

tumblr_nwfhpsXjw61uzti3wo1_500.gif

Average Ranking: 3.95

Shit. As long as it wins the whole shebang!

tumblr_nwfhpsXjw61uzti3wo1_500.gif

1 minute ago, feelslikeadream said:

So you're doing a rate but didn't format results ahead of time to make sure things ran smoothly and in a timely manner? OK.

Listen ur taste is bad, that's not my problem

1 minute ago, Reverie said:

K6oQiqX.png

eKkkM7Z.png

Avg Rank: 9.86

If Butterfly is the fairytale happy ending that the imprisoned Mariah daydreamed of in her most miserable of days, Fly Away (Butterfly Reprise) is the exhilarating climax in which she is running for the hills and making her escape. For some, the “House freedom anthem” may seem too perfect a trope - to the point of being generic - but Fly Away actually originated the title track, and it makes perfect sense. There are few moments in the entirety of Mariah’s career as thrilling or awe-inspiring. She levels her voice to a crucial whisper as the tambourine starts to kick in, yet you can hear it dripping with anticipation. This is a woman who can barely believe the audacity of her actions, nearly intoxicated on her own excitement but still shaking off those final strands of apprehension before taking off. Make no mistake about it, this song is Mariah’s and no one else’s.

Stans (1st Place)@DTF

Almost Stans (2nd Place)

Almost Haters (11th Place)@Auburn, @Babydoll., @DancingShoes, @digitaldistortion, @Fantasea, @GenieBaby, @GlitterfiedCyrus, @HAPPI•LIL•PILL, @♛Mariah Carey♛, @mariahcarey, @MarinaKal, @Million, @Mincy, @minho, @nikkysan, @Quicksand, @Redamancy, @RicanoRuben, @Rocket, @valinaer

Haters (12th Place) @Actorguy21, @americanlife, @beans, @BraveNewSeth, @Buyonce1814, @conatus, @Covergirl, @dreamloverfantasy, @Dylobs, @ECNEICSNOC, @enxe, @feelslikeadream, @Halien4Life, @Ivory., @JessLM, @Legacy, @KLatz, @Kylie Minogue, @Marq, @maurixrosup, @Neptune, @OpenBacardi, @paulyyyozd, @Pecinta Mariah, @Pepo, @Pristine, @samseacrest, @Satin, @SeanET, @sk8erfan, @stevyy, @Superiore, @Taste of Honey, @TheDreamer, @Tigre, @Tom Vercetti, @vipanonymous, @Wicked, @Witch Privilege, @Woo

Comments

giphy.gif

Haters better pray i Don't get their addresses !

tumblr_np1k4eyu6u1tr6pz0o1_250.gif