What Do You Mean?

Hello

2016: 

Pillowtalk

CAN’T STOP THE FEELING!

2017:

Shape of You

I’n the One

None debuted early because of airplay, not since Roar & WANEGBT in 2012/2013 before the formula changed.

Can someone explain what’s changed? 

Yes. At like number 98. Then she will jump to 1 the following week. Kelly Clarkson is visibly shook.

Edit: Opps, I thought the title was "will" not "how". She has broken first day radio record on pop and AC (or HAC?) I believe so she has a bigger start compared to those other number one debuts.

Edited by TSLGNMA

That above and the formulanwas adjusted to lower streaming slightly making it easier again to debut from airplay.

And most of the posted once made bubbling under. So they were close.

so despacito’s taking the record ? 

6 minutes ago, adelegend said:

so despacito’s taking the record ? 

Well, it'll tie it. That will happen no matter if Taylor debuts at #1 or not.

• ATRL Moderator

Talent, that's how.

The airplay tracking week being different is so idiotic.

If LWYMMD were to debut at #100 or whatever, it wasn't the #100 most popular song the first week it was available. It was obviously much bigger than that. The chart's faulty airplay tracking week messes up the accuracy.

LWYMMD was the most popular song the week it debuted. Thus it should be shown as a #1 debut. 

Not a #100 debut, then rise to #1, which implies it was the #100 most popular track the week it was released.

5 minutes ago, iHype. said:

If LWYMMD were to debut at #100 or whatever, it wasn't the #100 most popular song the first week it was available. It was obviously much bigger than that. The chart's faulty airplay tracking week messes up the accuracy.

LWYMMD was the most popular song the week it debuted. Thus it should be shown as a #1 debut. 

Not a #100 debut, then rise to #1, which implies it was the #100 most popular track the week it was released.

That’s what I’m saying. It makes no sense. The airplay tracking week should be the same as streaming and sales. What’s the reasoning it’s different? :rip: 

Billboard needs to readjust their formula because being #100 and jumping to #1 doesn’t reflect real popularity of a song. 

Edited by Mattyboy

Airplay and salez/streaming weeks are different.

Also, most of those songs nearly entered the H100.

SIO was #2 on Bubbling Under H100.

38 minutes ago, Letters From Adi said:

Airplay and salez/streaming weeks are different.

Also, most of those songs nearly entered the H100.

SIO was #2 on Bubbling Under H100.

14 minutes ago, simmnfierzig said:

thanks.

Where do expect her to enter this time?

Just now, Letters From Adi said:

thanks.

Where do expect her to enter this time?

~#80

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

~#80

Kelly's record is safe then :clap3: 

Taylor is a victim of her own slayage.

You know you're a beast when you slay EVERYTHING including yourself.

Work it girl?

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

~#80

wth :deadbanana2: 

• ATRL Moderator
7 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

That’s what I’m saying. It makes no sense. The airplay tracking week should be the same as streaming and sales. What’s the reasoning it’s different? :rip: 

Billboard needs to readjust their formula because being #100 and jumping to #1 doesn’t reflect real popularity of a song. 

I think the radio tracking week is Tuesday - Sunday right (idk, this doesn't include Monday so)? Radio adds are on Tuesday so maybe it's so that newly added songs can make the biggest impact possible in their first full week?

4 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

~#80

Is it possible for an artist to tell Billboard or radio not to report the radio AI like Justin Bieber did with Journals?

Really wanted Taylor to have two #1 debuts. But at least she got lucky with SIO and has one.

Edited by Mattyboy

38 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

I think the radio tracking week is Tuesday - Sunday right (idk, this doesn't include Monday so)? Radio adds are on Tuesday so maybe it's so that newly added songs can make the biggest impact possible in their first full week?

It's Monday - Sunday

It's because sales and streaming data takes a couple of days to compile and airplay data doesn't. Billboard made the tracking week that way to have Monday the airplay numbers from Sunday and take those newest numbers for the fresh Hot 100. 

1 minute ago, Mattyboy said:

Is it possible for an artist to tell Billboard or radio not to report the radio AI like Justin Bieber did with Purpose?

Really wanted Taylor to have two #1 debuts. But at least she got lucky with SIO and has one.

Justin did what now? 

I don't think that's possible. 

Just now, simmnfierzig said:

It's Monday - Sunday

It's because sales and streaming data takes a couple of days to compile and airplay data doesn't. Billboard made the tracking week that way to have Monday the airplay numbers from Sunday and take those newest numbers for the fresh Hot 100. 

Justin did what now? 

I don't think that's possible. 

Sorry it was Journals. He didn't reveal the sales so it didn't ruin his streak of #1's on the Billboard 200.

Just now, Mattyboy said:

Sorry it was Journals. He didn't reveal the sales so it didn't ruin his streak of #1's on the Billboard 200.

Well if he did it then it is apparently possible, but who really cares. 

Taylor really has 3 #1 debuts now even is only 1 is technically a #1 debut. 

14 hours ago, iHype. said:

While I also dislike the difference in tracking weeks, BB delays the sales & streaming because those numbers take longer to finalize. BB can tabulate weekly airplay immediately. Remember just a few weeks back when BB had to wait two ADDITIONAL days to release the H 100 because Spotify couldn't get their information right even with the three day delay. Again, I don't like the tracking week differences, but BB has a valid reason for the differences. If BB cut off airplay on Thursdays too, MB has a HUGE advantage then, as their data is available day-to-day.

On 27/8/2017 at 2:26 AM, TSLGNMA said:

Yes. At like number 98. Then she will jump to 1 the following week. Kelly Clarkson is visibly shook.

Edit: Opps, I thought the title was "will" not "how". She has broken first day radio record on pop and AC (or HAC?) I believe so she has a bigger start compared to those other number one debuts.

I'll be pressed if Taylor debuts at #98...Kelly, her record, can't be touched. :gaycat4:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.