Kworb: "LWYMMD" 388k (4th update)

QueenofCopyPaste

3 hours ago, SilverSky said:

Oh my gosh is any one else tired of things going off topic with people throwing Adele shade?  We know how to do basic math, we know what Adele's numbers were.  No one ever said anyone would be selling one million of a single.  Taylor's song is being streaming far more then Adele's ever was during its first week. Adele did not have a controversial single that received mixed reviews and backlash.  Taylor is on par with her biggest opening numbers and has smashed streaming records (including Adele's) and in 2017 that is very impressive.  Please stop being salty and unrealistic and give the girl her props.  I never thought she'd sell over 300k with that backlash and in this market.

Were it not for Taylor the charts would be very boring because guess what?  Adele is completely absent from them and off topic.  Face the facts, A dele is not the only person who brings excitement to the charts.  There are other factors then crazy sales.

but you aware of the fact the if Adele would release her song today she would PROBABLY got bigger numbers than taylor? at least on spotify, youtube probably not, I don't know. I am just telling you that when hello was released streaming services were huge. when taylor is releasing streaming serivies are very very huge.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• QueenofCopyPaste

• blackbeatxx

• Squall

• Diocles

peterstyles13
4 hours ago, SilverSky said:

Oh my gosh is any one else tired of things going off topic with people throwing Adele shade?  We know how to do basic math, we know what Adele's numbers were.  No one ever said anyone would be selling one million of a single.  Taylor's song is being streaming far more then Adele's ever was during its first week. Adele did not have a controversial single that received mixed reviews and backlash.  Taylor is on par with her biggest opening numbers and has smashed streaming records (including Adele's) and in 2017 that is very impressive.  Please stop being salty and unrealistic and give the girl her props.  I never thought she'd sell over 300k with that backlash and in this market.

Were it not for Taylor the charts would be very boring because guess what?  Adele is completely absent from them and off topic.  Face the facts, A dele is not the only person who brings excitement to the charts.  There are other factors then crazy sales.

This :clap3:

peterstyles13
6 minutes ago, UNNAMI said:

but you aware of the fact the if Adele would release her song today she would PROBABLY got bigger numbers than taylor? at least on spotify, youtube probably not, I don't know. I am just telling you that when hello was released streaming services were huge. when taylor is releasing streaming serivies are very very huge.

Ok, but why are you comparing her with Adele to begin with? That's the question here.

OK, I do not like Taylor Swift very much and only like a few of her songs (that I can count on one hand, LWYMMD being one of them), but I, an Adele stan, am more than aware that Adele is not the only person to bring in crazy, huge numbers! Give Taylor credit where it's due and stop making unnecessary comparisons!

Edited by C_Colstead

I still like something’s off. Both HDD & Billboard said north of 500k and she’s been stable and getting a few white, light green, and dark green updates and she had massive promo. 

5 minutes ago, Mattyboy said:

I still like something’s off. Both HDD & Billboard said north of 500k and she’s been stable and getting a few white, light green, and dark green updates and she had massive promo. 

New Billboard article says it could sell more than 400k. Pretty much confirms it will be around that number. Huge.

Edited by muddysquirrel

7 minutes ago, muddysquirrel said:

New Billboard article says it could sell more than 400k. Pretty much confirms it will be around that number. Huge.

Ah, ok. Didn’t see the new article. Doing 2011 pop girl #’s in 2017. :alexz: 

4 hours ago, C_Colstead said:

OK, I do not like Taylor Swift very much and only like a few of her songs (that I can count on one hand, LWYMMD being one of them), but I, an Adele stan, am more than aware that Adele is not the only person to bring in crazy, huge numbers! Give Taylor credit where it's due and stop making unnecessary comparisons!

Adele and Taylor stans need not fight, their ladies are WINNING.

Let the kitty kats and little monsters bicker. :celestial4:

You flops pitting women against each other when females in charts are struggling?

C'mon, instead of bitching about who's better, why don't you guys celebrate?

Adele's success doesn't take away from Taylor's, nor Taylor's from Adele's. Congrats to both ladies on achieving such massive figures :clap3:

Gosh all these real and fake Adele stans. We know she's not as huge as Adele in sales, nobody is expecting her to cross 1m first week, or even cross Hello's third week. And with sales market decreases at the rate of 60% every year, even Adele would have trouble beating her own numbers this This market. So please stop making these shady comparison to shoot Taylor down as if the fact she's doing better than other 99.99% of artists out there isn't an amazing feat on its own.

We don't compare her to Adele so please don't compare Adele to her. 

14 hours ago, SilverSky said:

Clock babe!

500 or 388 what's the truth?

2 minutes ago, Mons†erMuscle™ said:

500 or 388 what's the truth?

You will have to wait til monday to know the truth

This is going to do 400k with Amazon, Google Play Music etc. :jonny3:

QueenofCopyPaste
32 minutes ago, mike3009 said:

420 :cm:

Not yet. Nielsen Soundscan #s are the truth :-*

Barely doing more than Hello's 4th week. Interesting...

On 9/1/2017 at 1:35 AM, peterstyles13 said:

What is your point, exactly? Why are you always trying to discredit Taylor? Are you that insecure? :rip:

OT: Congrats! Will become the fastest-selling song of 2017. Another record in the basket.

He is KatyCat who is riding on Adele's success to shade Taylor so I'm not surprised at all :fan:

OT: I need this to cross 1M sales by end of this month. I can see the Halloween boost :jonny3:

1 hour ago, Timber said:

And who's done more than Hello's 4th week since 2015 (or Before even)? You're just showing how great she did with this.

5 hours ago, Timber said:

3 hours ago, xtina1 said:

I agree with your statement.

You guys meant 1/4 of Hello's 4th week? :hughard: 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.