• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

@ultraviolence.xx @UFO @Hug @Gastrodonatella @funnellegs @minho @Tsareena @FCKNAmbrosia @mxtthewdelrey @Nait Phoenix @Mezik @PoKiTaurus @Aurora @Speezy @SaintWest @KatyCatPH @Glassmouth @Covergirl

results in an hour. Citrus said he will be posting reviews tonights, not sure if Moon is or not. My second batch is coming in 30 minutes - an hour

2 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

night time? well not nighttime but when it goes from afternoon and becomes darker. like the bridge between night and afternoon

tumblr_inline_muougcEg661s8qb8h.gif

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

@ultraviolence.xx @UFO @Hug @Gastrodonatella @funnellegs @minho @Tsareena @FCKNAmbrosia @mxtthewdelrey @Nait Phoenix @Mezik @PoKiTaurus @Aurora @Speezy @SaintWest @KatyCatPH @Glassmouth @Covergirl

results in an hour. Citrus said he will be posting reviews tonights, not sure if Moon is or not. My second batch is coming in 30 minutes - an hour

As the great words of Britneus Spearsington the 1st. Get to worketh 

Edited by Speezy

6 minutes ago, SaintWest said:

anigif_enhanced-30828-1428311090-18.gif?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

i love this kid 

2 hours ago, ceremonials said:

hints eye_1f441.png

@ultraviolence.xx         079.gif

@UFO     071.gif

@Hug       079.gif

@Gastrodonatella   088.gif

@funnellegs    091.gif

@minho   074.gif

@Tsareena      079.gif

@FCKNAmbrosia  074.gif 

@mxtthewdelrey  080.gif

@Nait Phoenix  096.gif

@Mezik  069.gif

@PoKiTaurus  066.gif

@Aurora  083.gif

@Speezy  067.gif

@SaintWest 082.gif

@Glassmouth 072.gif;

@katycatph 068.gif

(idk why yours wont format :skull: ? )

Psychics are the top dogs 

But the lower stages are lessor points than the fuller evos 

Real question is where is Weepinbell

nnn lets have fun people lets chat it up results in 10

mIkvXNK.png

@Mezik – Tennessee

This was so country, to the point that it became almost a parody of a country song. Stylistically, I felt a lot of you here and not much Dolly. The content and style were all something I could see you writing any week, but not something necessarily completely Dolly. You did have a strong storytelling aspect, though, which was quite country and arguably Dolly.

@PoKiTaurus – Our Love’s a Two Piece Heart

I could actually see this being a Dolly song, but perhaps more on the simpler side. I know she has kind of unique rhyming and short structures to her songs, but you took it to a bit of an extreme for a songwriting competition. I could see this being a good, fun, catchy song on the radio, but lyrically it didn’t really do much for me.

@Aurora – Match Without Flame

You submitted a song similar in style to Nait (which makes sense since you chose the same artist), and I basically have the same main criticism. Although rap songs, especially TOP, are full of punch lines and clever double meanings, they’re not ALWAYS appropriate even when they sound cool. This was the case in your opening line. Scratching an itch isn’t really a lovely image for a song lyric. Igneous cage missed the mark a bit as well. Overall, though, I thought you actually captured the band’s style really well, probably better than I could. And the fact that this was probably the hardest artist to choose gives you extra points. My favorite thing here was probably your flow. I could practically hear Tyler Joseph rapping this, so good job on that. The bridge was my favorite section overall.

@Speezy – Don’t Penetrate My Future

BITCH. I get that this is your Erotica era; these titles are making me scream. Do you need to get laid or something? The lines alone I think work for the artis you chose, but together as a song it doesn’t fit all the way. There isn’t much word play, much playing with meter and flow, just individual lines. Also, Tyler is currently married so small inconsistency there.

@SaintWest – Numbers Girl

Parts of this were quite clunky, like “I am just your numbers girl tonight/one of the many chicks you call at night”. I get that this was supposed to be a cute reference to that one hit you had once, but it didn’t translate. The chorus started off clever, but never quite connected through. Mess at you using BDSM as revenge too. Maybe he likes that kinda thing? The bridge was a little too blunt as well. Overall, not bad, but not your best entry by any means.

@KatyCatPH – London’s Calling

I didn’t really get much Florence from this. Having just visited London a couple month ago, though, nice throwback! You shouldn’t have taken out Florence’s rich imagery, because the place names and shoutouts didn’t really do an excellent job of replacing them. Additionally, the verses weren’t quite long enough to add much substance to the song.

@Glassmouth – Greener

Mess at two songs in a row talking about symphonies. Anyway, I’m not super familiar with Florence’s music, but I don’t see this really fitting into her style. That being said, I did actually like the song overall. The bridge especially was strong, and although the words were nothing extremely special, I could feel the emotion coming through and you kept a nice strong theme throughout.

@Covergirl – Ghost of a Man

You’ve definitely improved a lot this season, and when I joke about fefe ghostwriting your songs know that’s a compliment, because he’s one of the best writers this game has seen. You had really good, really strong imagery throughout the song. I also like that each song this season has been fairly different from the others. You’re finally starting to explore new styles and find strengths in each of them. Even if you make a few missteps along the way, that’s how you’ll discover new strengths and learn even more.

aww im tearing up!! and not because im eating unions right now!!! thank you jackson

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

@Speezy – Don’t Penetrate My Future

ASLKDFJG this SLAY of a title

fMByWjU.jpg

Results now. Let's start....

This week let's go low to high, just for fun.

At the bottom this week, we have

@PoKiTaurus @Speezy @Mezik

let's do better next week ladies

I kind of want to serve something ~different~ next round but we'll see. My songs so far this season all have a similiar tone and style, so I want to deliver something else :duca:  it depends on what R4's gonna be tho

and because we're already having so much fun

let's continue

with

@KatyCatPH @Glassmouth @SaintWest

let's go for lower numbers, girl :fan: 

Just now, UFO said:

I kind of want to serve something ~different~ next round but we'll see. My songs so far this season all have a similiar tone and style, so I want to deliver something else :duca:  it depends on what R4's gonna be tho

i feel this! this week was a bit of a change for me (much more concise / less verbose) but i'd like to push that even further!

i'm hoping i can experiment a little next round again too

i was struggling too much this week that i felt i wasn't able to come up with something unique enough

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

wait "lets go for lower numbers" does that mean they were high ish 

high in terms of on a number line, not in terms of "high" (better) scorers

Can i consider this my "hey girl" since i consider myself gaga and i wrote/collabed with flo

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

wait "lets go for lower numbers" does that mean they were high ish 

as in placing